X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halo 5 fix test

Testing

Comment

The rumor say that campaign is dynamic resolution, wasn't?

And, in the E3 video, left AA

Comment

I think Halo 5 will support 4k because Dx12 will give more power than needed and extra will go to rez bump. So dynamic scaler is ready.

Comment

• qO-Lantern-Op
          Editing a comment
          Yes there will be a big surprise with H5. We seen the numbers of the video. They aren't even pushing the GPU above 25%.

So if they decide to push it to 99% we are either getting a massive gfx jump or massive res jump. If DX12 comes into play who knows what can happen.

The guardian (giant winged creature) is over 4000 feet tall. That's pretty impressive.

• babylonn75
          Editing a comment
          4K when most of XboxOne games struggle to run at 1080p ? I mean, i do not think problem comes from GPU power but from DDR3/ESRAM couple. I will believe it when all XboxOne games will be at 1080p...

Originally posted by Misterx View Post
        I think Halo 5 will support 4k because Dx12 will give more power than needed and extra will go to rez bump. So dynamic scaler is ready.
        is crazy and insane for a lot of websites opinion... the surprise is coming :cool:

Comment

• Bundle Description:
          • XBOX ONE GAME TO RELEAE ON OCTOBER 27, 2015. YOU MAY DOWNLOAD THE GAME FROM XBOX LIVE BEFORE THEN, BUT IT WILL NOT BE PLAYABLE UNTIL THE RELEASE DATE.
          • A mysterious and unstoppable force threatens the galaxy, the Master Chief is missing and his loyalty questioned. Experience the most dramatic Halo story to date in a 4-player cooperative epic that spans three worlds. Challenge friends and rivals in new multiplayer modes: Warzone, massive 24-player battles, and Arena, pure 4-vs-4 competitive combat.
          • Pre-Order to receive a bonus loadout weapon and skin usable in the Warzone multiplayer mode. Add-on content and online multiplayer features require Xbox Live Gold membership, sold separately. For more information on pre-orders, including how to cancel, please visit http://www.xbox.com/pre-order-faq. Your copy of Halo: Spartan Assault can be obtained by searching for "Halo: Spartan Assault" on the Xbox Store and downloading the game. This offer is available for a limited time only and you must download your copy of Halo: Spartan Assault prior to October 1, 2015.
          • Size:0
          • Release Date: 10/27/2015
          • Developer:343 Industries
          • Publisher:Microsoft Studios
          • Genre:Shooter

Comment

I really wish we could see halo go the a more realistic route when it came to textures and lighting. While the game currently looks great I was expecting to see something closer to along the lines of the H2 cutscenes when it came to lighting. Even though I know this is CGI, it just doesn't seem like our current technology is that far off from realizing this level in real-time. Especially when looking at stuff like Battlefront and Doom.

Comment

While I would like to think so, I do not personally see that happening. For example, the 24 player battles will be challenging from a tech perspective and hitting 4k will be extremely unlikely in that scenario. I think true 4k gaming is still a little ways off, particularly when we have yet to see every game adopt 1080p. I think the game looks great at this point though regardless of what res it is. Particularly the multiplayer battles. For me so far, Titanfall has been one of the best multi-player experiences, and halo looks to adopt a similar strategy in multiplayer game play (in terms of fluidity and game play) which will be good.

Comment

MS wants use 4k as a marketing tool. They sacrifice something to make more than 1 exclusives 4k this year I think.

Comment

I don't think it's THAT dynamic. Until now they have been showing resolutions below 1080p.
                  What I think, it could easily hit full hd at 30fps but here they aim to 60, so will be a compromise. It's like Killzone - 1080/30 SP and 960/1080 MP. Though 343 decided to go 60fps both SP and MP. I think, most of the audience will not appreciate that - too many people associate Halo with MP only and they don't care for SP.

Though NEXT Halo, being fully DX12 could be 4K.

Comment

the particle effects and everything going on at once is nuts !

Comment

Well I think the gfx is amazing! Loved the particle effects and as devs said the number of enemies AI will be far bigger than the other Halo titles. Plus Warzone seems to be a beast! I really can't wait to play it!

Comment

• G-Force
                        Editing a comment
                        Yep, all this talk about Resolution, but at the same time SONY has NOTHING that even comes close to what Halo will be doing. When Sony does (which they wont) Then we can talk :)

MrX...with all due respect....Halo 5 supporting 4k seems like a crazy far fetched pipe dream. IF they had plans to do so they would've said it at E3 of all places. They wouldn't wait til after launch and say "Surprise! 4k support!" They'd do it now if it was there or intended to be there to max out preorders and hype for the game as much as possible.

Add to that the fact that Forza 6 is not DX12 (and that game would get 4k res far sooner/easier than a Halo game) and that 4k TVs are still far from mainstream adoption makes me believe that it will be quite a few years. Even if it is possible, only 1% of the market could/would actually use it since those TVs haven't saturated the market yet so why bother spending time/money on something next to nobody will use yet?

Again...all due respect, I think you should dial back the predictions on 4k at this point.

Comment

• revben
                        Editing a comment
                        This is place of speculation. I find it disrespectful to be telling someone what to do on this forum, where we should be free to imagine anything and not be attacked,

• JC1196
                        Editing a comment
                        revben - It's not disrespectful to disagree and bring up valid points and concerns to back up that disagreement. It is far from "attacking" as you put it. Step back and be objective.

I read that nothing this year is DX12. It will be next year that it starts happening. They might release updates to DX12 for performance boosts but nothing this year has been started from ground up as DX12. All still custom Api based on DX11

Comment

I think MRX has reasonable predictions. With world of tanks coming in 4k, halo 5 currently only pushing 25% of the GPU, points to a massive upgrade. 4k could happen or at very least a considerable upgrade in visuals.

343i is known for producing the best gfx in the industry. It just doesn't make sense for them to crap out in the gfx department. Shit seriously looks maybe slightly better than halo 4. I imagine its pretty embarrassing for the 343i engineers unless they know what's coming and are keeping their cool. 25% GPU usage is horrible.

Comment

• babylonn75
                          Editing a comment
                          I do not think that problem to reach 4K comes from GPU but from ESRAM/DDR3 couple. On paper we calculate potential bandwidth but it is real possible in real life with current engines ?

• revben
                          Editing a comment
                          People do not seem to realize that memory is most important to resolution. though 32 mb is just enough to store the frame buffer for 4k. I wonder how tiled resource will affect this.

I really don't care what the resolution is (although upscaling from 1080p on my 4k tv does look really nice). Im just looking forward to playing Halo5. I had a blast during the beta (was my all time favorite Halo multiplayer experience) and cant wait to try out Warzone and the campaign.

Comment

If dx12 actually brings about a major change in performance, then I say stock with the dynamic resolution and dump the extra resources into lighting and particle effects. It would be an extraordinary waste of potential to use all that extra power to render the game at a resolution only a handful of people would be able to utilize. If 4k is in Halos future, it will be in a later halo title when 4k market penatration is higher.

I also think it's a little premature to cling to the idea that the current build of halo is only using a small percentage of gpu resources. We have no means to verify or corroborate this evidence. We don't even know what exactly that gauge was referring to. I'm not saying it shouldn't be noticed, but any real investigator would agree that a lot more digging is required before any concrete conclusions can be drawn. Example: it could be showing the available graphics memory available. Granted I have no idea what I'm talking about but could that statement be disproven?
                          Last edited by MarkieMark2513; 06-24-2015, 05:38 AM. Reason: Additional thougjt

Comment

• qO-Lantern-Op
                            Editing a comment
                            Agree

• revben
                            Editing a comment
                            That is not the way you investigate, you investigate with a theory, which will be prove right or wrong, and percentage is the only known that is displayed like that.

Remember the rumors from vileself about modular xbox, all his other predictions came through but that. So what I am thinking is that games will be developed from halo 5 in a modular way like pc games. Some people will want 1080p at 30fps will all effects, while some perfer 4k at 30fps with reduce effects. But that is only a theory.

• MarkieMark2513
                            Editing a comment
                            Revben...what you are describing is almost the opposite of what it means to investigate. You have described what is called a "guess".

This modular way of developing on consoles you describe is something that has no precedent. The reason is that people by consoles because of the simplicity... designing a console game around different hardware configs is not going to happen in our current gaming landscape. That will stay with the pc's.

Originally posted by MarkieMark2513 View Post
                          If dx12 actually brings about a major change in performance, then I say stock with the dynamic resolution and dump the extra resources into lighting and particle effects. It would be an extraordinary waste of potential to use all that extra power to render the game at a resolution only a handful of people would be able to utilize. If 4k is in Halos future, it will be in a later halo title when 4k market penatration is higher.

I also think it's a little premature to cling to the idea that the current build of halo is only using a small percentage of gpu resources. We have no means to verify or corroborate this evidence. We don't even know what exactly that gauge was referring to. I'm not saying it shouldn't be noticed, but any real investigator would agree that a lot more digging is required before any concrete conclusions can be drawn. Example: it could be showing the available graphics memory available. Granted I have no idea what I'm talking about but could that statement be disproven?
                          I agree with you, things like Greater AA at 1080P is just as good as higher resolution, however I would like way more EYE candy than resolution alone.

I personally think that once Tiled Resources hit resolution will be a thing of the past and we are going to be in for some seriously awesome looking games.

If people have a look at what they have done with the new Fury GPU with 4GB memory and running 12K (3 x 4K Screens) setup they have STATED (as MS did in the past) that there is a LOT of wasted memory bandwidth and you DONT need LARGE amounts of GPU memory to get higher resolutions. what makes a different is higher BUS Width, WHICH is what the Xbox One has in it.

We are all very eager for this to happen however MS have a plan and are doing their best to implement it.

Add all this on top of the unification of Windows 10 I think they are trying to just get it right first time without any issues.

We are in good hands... the same cannot be said for sony fans unfortunately.

Game on.

G

Comment

I remember someone said back at LJ at Halo 5 beta period:
                            - Halo 5 gfx will evolve until launch in front of our eyes. At E3 i saw step 2.
                            - MS will have several 4k exclusives this year.

And yes, MS slow to shock this gen while DX12 is not shipping.

Comment

I remember someone said back at LJ at Halo 5 beta period:
                              - Halo 5 gfx will evolve until launch in front of our eyes. At E3 i saw step 2.
                              - MS will have several 4k exclusives this year.

And yes, MS slow to shock this gen while DX12 is not shipping.
                              By the way, you remember Phil saying there will be no DX12 patches.
                              However, they also said no backwards compatibility possible ))

Comment

Halo 5 Sprint Playlists. Thought it should be in this thread.

We should put all the best links in the OP.
                                Making of documentary for Halo 5 - The Sprint Season 2

Comment

343 Industries presents an unprecedented and exclusive behind-the-scenes look into the development of the Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta. The Sprint lets...

Comment

Halo 5 in 4k its the same as Final Fantasy VII remake release for tomorrow.

I-M-P-O-S-S-I-B-L-E

Comment

• revben
                                      Editing a comment
                                      What do you mean by impossible?

• RAYMON
                                      Editing a comment
                                      not possible;
                                      unable to be, exist, happen, etc.
                                      unable to be done, performed, effected, etc.:
                                      an impossible assignment.
                                      incapable of being true, as a rumor.
                                      not to be done, endured, etc., with any degree of reason or propriety:
                                      an impossible situation.
                                      utterly impracticable:
                                      an impossible plan.
                                      hopelessly unsuitable, difficult, or objectionable.

It´s the Xbox One. not a miracle machine.

• theGrimm77
                                      Editing a comment
                                      i don't get ur point ;-)

• G-Force
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Not saying it will be 4K, but Backward Compat was also labelled as impossible. Also if you look at what AMD has recently done to game code to enable 12K resolustion with 4GB video memory, and they said it came down to the BUS width more so than anything else, and we know the xbox one has a very large BUS width.

OK so definitely a difference between the Halo 5 Graphics shown in the E3 build and the one played at 343 in the Sprint episode 4. To me the one from the sprint looks better. Graphics look more realistic and lighting looks better. Textures are also improved. Look at ground textures and lighting on far column. I'm hoping that what some people are saying on here is correct and we will see the look of this game get better and better before our eyes. 343 might have chosen to show the less graphically polished version at E3 because it may be the more stable one at the moment. I hope we can expect a boost in the graphics from the levels we are already seeing. If so its like having cake and eating it too.

Comment

• MuffinMan8
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Looking at what was shown on the sprint its apparent that the sky box is not in yet but the textures they are using on the surfaces look much better to me. One of the major gripes I had with the E3 presentation footage was that the textures looked washed out....This hopefully bodes well. The E3 build of Campaign seems almost like a mix between some of the unfinished stuff and more refined stuff. For instance in some parts lighting looks better but textures are off compared to the version shown on the sprint. Overall though I would still like to see 343 go for the brass ring and use as many dynamic lights per scene as possible. Its a little off when you see a character walk in front of a light and they don't cast a shadow. Hopefully with DX12 we will see true dynamic lights come to some of the lights sources that we are seeing in these scenes.
                                      Last edited by MuffinMan8; 06-24-2015, 10:09 PM.

• XBeTheBox
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Hey guys! First post ever for me. I have been a daily reader since before the Xbox One launched, and have really enjoyed the digging done here, and the community. If you remember Forza Horizon 2 when it was first shown it was a lot like what we are looking at with Halo 5 . It was washed out and slowly started to look better and better as we got closer to its release. I think this will be the same for Halo 5. This seems to be the trend for 1st party games, instead of being downgraded like sony games they slowly get upgraded.

• DaRkSiDe2107
                                      Editing a comment
                                      After watching Sprint EP4 i know that what we saw in E3 is an old build, it looks good but not really good, the graphics on the EP4 are a lot better, not only the textures, but lightning, models and i think even resolution is higher on that video, Halo 5 without a doubt will be gorgeous.

I'm gonna burn! lots of Spartans when this drops, Can't wait Team Locke

Comment

Working...
                                    X