Rise Of The Tomb Raider

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ponies losing their shit on 'Gaf.

All because their forecast that it'll be out on PS4 just 3-6 months later have flattened by news it'll be a whole year.

I've never known such a mean-spirited pack of chimps, as those that flock to post on that forum.

Don't worry guys, you get early DLC on the dog-tired COD series. Oh and you're blue logo on the YouTube trailers for Star Wars.

The reality is the PS4 release calendar is as empty as Ben Johnson's trophy cabinet.

Gaf has nailed it's colors to the mast for all things Sony, and now it's dawning on them that the constant exclusives and original content is all locked into XB1.

A bunch of blue clowns.

Comment

• Dennis Taylor
      Dennis Taylor commented
      Editing a comment
      I've been there a few times, and the hatred that's seething from there, is what I would imagine hell to be like...snarling and gnashing of teeth...

• Keregan
      Keregan commented
      Editing a comment
      BAh by that time we will be playing QB/Scalebound/Crackdown so who cares really. A year of console exclusivity is more than enough, it will probably be discounted on Gold and by that time the graphic will be dated and our focus elsewhere.

• Joddington
      Joddington commented
      Editing a comment
      A year of exclusivity might as well be never; we'll be on to next years games by then and already looking forward to the next game in the TR franchise.

• slasaru
      slasaru commented
      Editing a comment
      Still, people on THIS blog were saying it would never come to PS4. I guess, here's a lesson to be more humble

• xbox_theone
      xbox_theone commented
      Editing a comment
      Didn't see that coming. Smells like a mediocre deal, after all. Sure, I'll be playing tons of games while PS4 players will keep waiting for greatness, but that's not the exclusive we've been waiting for.

Have to think it will be a port of the 360 version they can't use the dx12. Codebase. They will need the year to optimize it so it doesn't look and play like crud on ps4.

Comment

I was very hyped to this game, but I not anymore. It may be just a multi platform game and probably won't have dx12, tile resources, etc.

Comment

• HaydenSmith
        HaydenSmith commented
        Editing a comment
        Really ? So you were only hyped based on it being exclusive...

I'm still really looking forward to it. I didn't expect it to release for PS4 but turns out it is and it's and a whole year later. Let them have the sloppy seconds next year while we move onto new exclusives like Crackdown, Gears 4 and Scalebound etc.

#GameON

Originally posted by CityOfGod View Post
      Ponies losing their shit on 'Gaf.

All because their forecast that it'll be out on PS4 just 3-6 months later have flattened by news it'll be a whole year.

I've never known such a mean-spirited pack of chimps, as those that flock to post on that forum.

Don't worry guys, you get early DLC on the dog-tired COD series. Oh and you're blue logo on the YouTube trailers for Star Wars.

The reality is the PS4 release calendar is as empty as Ben Johnson's trophy cabinet.

Gaf has nailed it's colors to the mast for all things Sony, and now it's dawning on them that the constant exclusives and original content is all locked into XB1.

A bunch of blue clowns.

...lol...yep...they're definitely upset. Probably because it will go against Indiana Drake and the lost cause at Xmas. The N4G ponies are like...' but, but why a whole year " D :)

Comment

I distinctly remember Parasite76 & NY Crookedsmile giving us the"Insider" scoop that it was lifetime exclusive. The only other platform that would get it was PC.

Am I wrong??

Comment

• KillerOrange
          KillerOrange commented
          Editing a comment
          Well the insiders never got anything right to be fair, they're more here to get attention than anything else. But back on topic : Well Ms must had extended the exclusivity date because of the delay of UC4. Perhaps the Ps4 will get the GOTY edition directly. i

• qO-Lantern-Op
          qO-Lantern-Op commented
          Editing a comment
          Haha are u serious?

We knew of many things long before they came to fruition, dx12 was the main one, hololens tech, backwards compatibilty, fallout 4, H2A, shenmue, cloud computing and much more all were mentioned here first long before MS or anybody even announced it.

• F00xm4n
          F00xm4n commented
          Editing a comment
          Killer I would not say 'anything right', many of the bigger stories were broke here first. Backwards compatability, dx12 being just 2.

• Joddington
          Joddington commented
          Editing a comment
          It's possible the insiders only saw information that it was exclusive fully.
          The timing of this announcement is more interesting; a few weeks before Gamescom appears to me someone wanted this news done and dusted before the conference so it didn't distract from anything else.

• KillerOrange
          KillerOrange commented
          Editing a comment
          @qO

What ? No way, none of those things were announced here. Fallout 4 was predictable maybe not this year , Shenmue is on Playstation and was being demanded by fans for a long time And the production for this game started in February. Plans for Hololens leaked a year ago. DX 12 has been rumored before misterxmedia blog even existed. Also it was unveiled before a few months prior to X1 launch. And the " insiders" only started talking about them when Xbox director at the time suggested that it would give X1 more power. The same goes for the cloud. Have you seen the Real Madrid or Research Cancer ads for the cloud ? Technically it only offsets calculations (similar to what Ps3 did in real time) or stores date that can be shared. None of what they promise.

From time to time I come here and on the previous blog to see the "inside" informations just by curiosity and to be honest nothing ever checks up. Just ambiguous information of things that everyone can predict.

I heard that new games for X1 will be announced in future E3s. Obviously.

• F00xm4n
          F00xm4n commented
          Editing a comment
          Killerorange your being a bit of a bad egg, we all have come as active members of that site, so are fully awear of what was said and when, and therefore know your talking crap. I will leave your post as a reminder to all, exactly your thoughts, instead of removing it.

Parasite and crooked where never 'insiders' for this site, but often commented on subjects which made it into LJ posts.
        For all we know it may have been exclusive, and got changed due to the interest and feedback from Sony fans, that the deal got re negotiated.

Comment

• KillerOrange
          KillerOrange commented
          Editing a comment
          No, not really. If was an exclusive they would've said from the beginning. Still the only thing that probably wasn't on stone was the exclusivity time. And that because UC4 release date isn't out yet. So they played safe and got a full year.

"the interest and feedback from Sony fans" Lol really ? I mean of course they're interested. And Playstation may have 15 mil+ consoles sold than X1 at this point.

• F00xm4n
          F00xm4n commented
          Editing a comment
          Well they did say exclusive first, then Phil said timed exclusive because of the Sony idiots melting the internet. Now the time was revealed the other day. So it is still possible the timed element was only contracted recently. Otherwise why did they not say a year timed exclusive from the off?

What's The Big Deal??

Square Enix and Microsoft seem to have courted a lot of controversy over their deal regarding the next Tomb Raider game which will be a timed exclusive appearing first on the Xbox console. You may remember that when the deal was first announced, a certain segment of the internet gaming community were absolutely livid at the announcement; the internet nearly went into meltdown and many started petitions to boycott the game. Phil Spencer, Head of Xbox came to the rescue to clarify that any exclusivity was indeed timed and yesterday, Square Enix confirmed that Rise of the Tomb Raider will be available for Windows 10 and Steam in early 2016 and gracing the PlayStation a year after the release of the Xbox versions of the game in Holiday 2016. Needless to say, PlayStation fans were quick to express their disappointment at the announcement but many used this as an opportunity to criticise Square Enix for what they think is a terrible commercial decision. Some of us at Gameondaily are a bit bewildered by the strong reaction and are wondering what the big deal is?

http://www.gameondaily.com/rise-of-t...-the-big-deal/

Comment

Rise of the Tomb Raider on xbox one will be 3 times bigger than the reboot and will have no loading screens and is having a translation system..

Comment

Long demo of Syria level - now this is more like it !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJQwDnoRueU

Comment

Many will recognize Camilla Luddington from her recurring roles on shows like Grey's Anatomy, Californication, or True Blood, but
              gamers know her as Lara Croft.

Are you playing a much different Lara than who you played in the first game?

I think so. One of the things I think is really interesting about her is she is wounded by her experiences in the first game. She feels as if she
              has gone into a secret world and that normal life is now impossible for her. Now she is consumed in a way to chase artifacts and uncover
              mysteries even more so than the first game. There is this drive behind her in this game to let the world know that she is not lying. She
              didn’t make these things up, and she doesn’t have to feel like she imagined something. That drive behind her and the place she is coming
              from is a little bit different and I think it makes her more than just a survivor like she was in the first game. She realizes that being a tomb raider
              is who she is meant to be.

Are there any quotes from the game fans frequently request?

Do you know what guys make me do a lot? They say, “Hey can you reenact this scene where Alex dies?" and I always end up thinking like, “Okay, what
              happened in that scene?” And then I realize they just want a kiss on their cheek. That’s what happens in that scene. It’s a sneaky way for people to get
              a kiss.
              Other than that, sometimes they use what was in the trailer, which is “A famous explorer once said.” They’re likely to do those lines. But, really the
              sneaky kiss is what happens a lot.

SOURCE : Gameinformer

"Sneaky way to get a kiss"...lol...I bet. When you got it...you got it!! Wow!!

Comment

• BiG Porras
                BiG Porras commented
                Editing a comment
                Good Ass.... Lara Croft's level... good choice

• Cortana
                Cortana commented
                Editing a comment
                Holy hell =X

• martymcfly
                martymcfly commented
                Editing a comment
                Can you somehow hide Not-Safe-For-Work images, her bottom came out of nowhere. I want to be able to read the forum anywhere I like.

Click image for larger version

Name:	f1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	10826

Name:	Captura.JPG
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	10827

Name:	f3.JPG
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	10828

Comment

• BiG Porras
                BiG Porras commented
                Editing a comment
                In the past XboxFanFest 2015 (10/30 - 1/11) Xbox Spain give we a RoTR copy... LOOKS AWESOME

• FLASHBACKMAN
                FLASHBACKMAN commented
                Editing a comment
                Yep, many improvements over the CLOSED BETA

and still today on DX11...
            Working...
            X