Rise Of The Tomb Raider

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know what?

Quantum Break, Tom Raider, Halo 5 - add them all together and they wont even equal the sales of Battlefront or Blops.

Ive finished halo this week, had a good few hours on the MP, and now the dust settled , yes I had fun - but there is nothing to write home about. Tom Raider looks proper dull "hold down X" fodder like Dragon's Lair for 2015. Quantum Break has no gameplay mechanics of note, and looks like a soap opera of boredom. Boring hell fire, who is bothered about Quantum Break? nobody.

All this talk of 'just wait, DX12 !' and 'look at those puddle effects on the water' leave me cold. All this 'stacked die hint hint' talk is also super boring. If you know something, spit it out FFS.

The games look bang average and will likely be Watchdog level garbage.

It's frustrating that Sony have simply added their logo to the SW BF and Blops games and will reap in the casual buyers, despite XB1 having the same titles too.

MS should bin grandad Hyrb and whilst I like Phil, he seems to just smile and be nice and little else. XB need more dynamic and intersting ideas, than rolling out the old crap like Tom Raider.

I've sensed MisterX feeling pissed off and I feel the same.

I'd rather read about a DX12 patch for GTA5 or Titanfall, than Tomb Raider. Same with Forza , yes it was 60fps but was like paint drying, hence nobody mentioned it since.
    Last edited by CityOfGod; 11-03-2015, 11:06 PM.

Comment

• TheCrazyOne
      TheCrazyOne commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sorry but QB is the most hyped game next year for X1... and it looks great. Saying it has no gameplay mechanics is kinda of a lie though, you shouldn't take it that far. Remedy never made a bad game so I have faith in them. Also apparently you never played the reboot of TR, it was a good game and the sequel looks even better.

I just think ppl are "pissed" for no real reason, they think they deserve more but don't understand thats not how life is.
      Last edited by TheCrazyOne; 11-03-2015, 11:16 PM.

• QuazL
      QuazL commented
      Editing a comment
      @CityofGod

Just leave dude. No one cares about your opinions here. Halo was beautiful and the multiplayer is the best in the business. You obviously didn't play the reboot of Tomb Raider. Everyone liked it except you (if you even played it.) Quantum Break is the best looking game coming out.

Who cares if you are annoyed. You are more worried about "winning" then playing games. It is just sad really. You sit around and mope while the best games of any generation are out now and playable. And more are coming. What is your problem with the incessant whining?

Play some Halo Arena or Warzone and have fun! There is nothing out like it. NOTHING!!!!

No one needs to read this trash. It is thread for Rise of the Tomb Raider to talk about the game and get hyped; not for craps like you to come and ruin it all. Keep in the main thread if you have to vomit your bile on a webpage.

Don't worry about coming back at me it will just make you look worse. Saying that Halo and Tomb Raider look average is just silly!
      Last edited by QuazL; 11-04-2015, 02:56 PM. Reason: More insults

• CityOfGod
      CityOfGod commented
      Editing a comment
      "look average" QuazL ?

No, it has nothing to do with looks, after watching lots more gameplay videos - it's the scripted manner of the it all that iks me now - sneak around, hold down X, hold down X, press X as fast as you can. Rinse and Repeat.

Last gen gameplay with a next-gen polish.Oh but look at her hair blow in the DX wind !

You can make me the focus of your mind, you can get as emotional as you want and you can call me out - but the fact is that I am not interested in winning or losing an argument against you or anybody else - I am airing my frustration that so much is being made of these 'amazing' games but to my eyes they look boring and lack fun. We are right to air opinions are we not, as long as we dont dish put out personal attacks on other forum members ?

It's a corridor combined with a story - with a beginning and an end - with "hold down X" all the way through it.

Where does the depth appear? sorry, but going through an entire game on a harder difficulty trying to find some small voice recording (halo) or golden goblet behind a rock (Tomb Raider) is hardly breaking new ground is it?

They could have pumped the tens of millions of Halo budget into a vast open world with endless possibilities and experiences - instead we a scripted shooter with a thin story. Yes it was alright, yes I had a bit of fun with it - but sorry it didn't hold a candle to the characters, chaos and sheer amount of options available in a truly groundbreaking game such as GTA 5 for example.

Was Halo 5 a bad game? absolutely not

Could it have been better? hell yeah, it was a massive opportunity to really shine, with cloud-powered worlds and vast expanses weaved together - not a corridor shooter with a larger than average foe waiting at the end of the level which sponges a bit more bullet damage than the others. (And don't start me on co-op which was half the fun on the previous ones.)

And I promise you that Tomb Raider will be exactly the same. A little ticker will guide you to next step of each corridor, a cinematic segment shall play and on to the next corridor world. You will mash the X button to break a wall, to open a flood gate or swim underwater. It's not a game it's an interactive movie.

Like I said - you can pull out your soapbox and ask me to leave or try and get childish and personal, but the reality is that I am right - and THAT is why you have thrown your toys out of the pram.

I am absolutely certain these titles will be gathering dust by next summer, or listed on ebay for next to nothing. There isn't anything "next gen" about their ideas or formulas - and thus no longevity.

• QuazL
      QuazL commented
      Editing a comment
      Your logic is just so flawed.

I will state it again: This is a thread for people who want to play this game. PERIOD. It isn't to hear you whine.

GTAV5 is exactly what you are proposing as average. It is the same game as the last 2 in which you spend the majority of the game in your car driving to the next marker. If you think open world is better then fine, but saying it was groundbreaking damages your entire argument about next gen game play. It wasn't groundbreaking, it refined its original intent of GTA3 which was the actual groundbreaking game.

Halo 5 did the same and did it very, very well!

I will state it yet again:

No cares about your whining in a thread for people who are excited for the next refined iteration of an amazing reboot of a game that WE love.

• CityOfGod
      CityOfGod commented
      Editing a comment
      So if you have a different point of view then you are not allowed to air it on the forum?

I thought this was a place for back-and-forth discussion. Obviously because I dont share the same enthusiasm as yourself - then I am forbidden from posting on this thread?

Your logic is screwed , not mine. Because there isn't a rule that says "positive talk" is acceptable and questioning things is not?

Think of me when you are mashing the X button to break a wall and swim under water faster for the 20th time.

• Cortana
      Cortana commented
      Editing a comment
      Then name one ponnies exclusive game that can compete with Halo 5 or Tomb Raider this year.
      Hah there is non ! :D Xbox just got more awesome since launch every week, playstation just got more boring...

• CityOfGod
      CityOfGod commented
      Editing a comment
      less than 57,000 sales.

Well done Microsoft, you ploughed all that dough into a title that is basically attractive to hardly anyone and launched it when the market is awash with big hitters like blops, BF and H5.

Congrats if you love it - hell it might be pretty good, but not my cup of tea - and it would seem not many else's either.

Like I said, it's dud idea with a next-gen polish. MS should have pumped the dough into something people actually want.

SPANISH VERSION:
    http://www.truegamers.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1255

Sequel to the reboot of the series, this new installment of the adventures of the archaeologist/adventurer Lara Croft returns with more power and magic than ever, offering an evolution in all its aspects, but without departing from the formula that made large for 3 years.

I have to say, I had not thought to purchase this title, because beyond his fame or perceived quality, not struck me for failing to understand the reboot we live three years ago, and was not about to play a title of these characteristics again.
    But how wrong I was ...
    After watching the live demonstration judging, at the special session #XboxFanFest press, by one of the developers of Crystal Dynamics who attended the event, my perspective changed.
    It is an amazing game.
    And here you can see it, as I enjoyed when I released the game in the comfort of my couch, and what came to convey.

As you can "see", just no words ...

After playing the beta-build to be able to enjoy in one of the rooms of #XboxFanFest, I wondered.

Even as BETA, graphics another level to which we are accustomed (about reflections, lights in real time, textures high level, etc ...) and about what playable (you know what I really care about) is appreciated the fluidity of movement, the response of the buttons, the integration of mechanical ... A year of dedication and attention by developers, which is what we always look for the True Gamers.

And when playing at home the final version, I could only overcome my impressions.
    More and better light responses, reactions varied very realistic and Lara, minute details that only enrich the experience (see shivering, complaining, or just watch as the eyes move realistically, is a unique pleasure).
    Even Lara's muscles and some bones have unexpected mechanical level involvement. These people have thought of everything, and that is appreciated in the title of this popularity.

Tomb Raider was always a series of sensations, a saga that you got into the game and makes you understand and suffer the character, and that is something that is achieved here more than ever.

As for the plot story, it opens and closes round, focusing on many details of the life of Lara to get in position and to better understand the character.
    At first it may err on cinematics, but then once seated history, step left to pure gameplay and only CGI's appearing occasionally to complete the gameplay, but without disturbing one iota or relax the tempo of adventure (that is, add more stress if possible)

And speaking of cinematic, I must say I had difficulty assembling the final video, since the NDA prohibits display (for now) cinematic history. And because it was hard to filter? Because they are the best graphics that have been on console, making sometimes do not give account if you're playing, or you're watching a cut IN-Engine, doubting even when you're watching a CGI or not. Integration is wonderful, so, thanks to the level of detail and fluidity of the game, do not notice when you go from In-Win to In-Engine or CGI (which sometimes makes you die, because you do not realize you're already playing) because they do not notice any transition is perfect and wonderful.

The culmination of BiG Porras, only say that a third party platform title, see this level in a game, it is worthy of praise and thanks for us players 'True Gamers'.

Because of my "little" real capacity to technical analysis, we will discuss the technological aspects of the game in the next article, more and better documented by our administrator FLASHBACKMAN when the embargo is lifted and we can talk at length of the game, and even who know, put a note, the first game analyzed as such by TrueGamers.org
    Last edited by BiG Porras; 11-06-2015, 06:10 PM.

Comment

VIDEO WALKTHROUGH Rise of the Tomb Raider
      https://t.co/GyQBd0vjrQ

Last edited by BiG Porras; 11-09-2015, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Going to have to pry myself away from my Halo5 addiction to play this. Hopefully the digital version will unlock on time tonight just like Halo 5 did for me.

Comment

Labs R&D: Rendering Techniques in Rise of the Tomb Raider all this stuff even before DX12 , amazing
        Sample page i got from someone as it is on IEEE, read it the text (impressive)

Comment

Last edited by BiG Porras; 11-14-2015, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Guys, I liked new Lara better than Halo 5. The first winter level is just amazing. This is how Halo Guardians should look and the impression for the media would be much different. I might say, CD put more into game on the arts, design and story level and 343 were just focused on that 60fps thing. Sad that MS didn't go further with full exclusivity for Tomb Raider
        I just wish that CD does ​better skin. Lara's skin looks sort of doll.

Comment

• TheCrazyOne
          TheCrazyOne commented
          Editing a comment
          slasaru I can tell u one thing if the media didnt like the GFX of H5 it wasnt due to the first mission in H5, they generally play all of the game so they know what the other lvls look like. 2nd Rise is capped at 30fps and doesn't have as much stuff going on like how H5 does plus it has FPS issues... I like H5 cause it plays better since it runs smoother and has no FPS drops.

Originally posted by slasaru View Post
        Guys, I liked new Lara better than Halo 5. The first winter level is just amazing. This is how Halo Guardians should look and the impression for the media would be much different. I might say, CD put more into game on the arts, design and story level and 343 were just focused on that 60fps thing. Sad that MS didn't go further with full exclusivity for Tomb Raider
        I just wish that CD does ​better skin. Lara's skin looks sort of doll.

The first level of ROTB is amazing, but H5 looks just fine and the gameplay is pure butter. But I guess you always have to bitch about something...

Comment

• slasaru
          slasaru commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry, after Lara Halo V looks like a mesh because of heavy aliacing, poor textures and low poly ground. Even Phil said TR is his favorite game this holiday

• Cortana
          Cortana commented
          Editing a comment
          As a tradeoff for the really nice visuals we are getting a framerate thats all over the place.
          Heavy battles are unplayable. They really should have dropped the resolution...
          Rock solid 60 fps vs 20-30fps. Comparing the visuals of those games is kinda unfair...

• veraces
          veraces commented
          Editing a comment
          To give some balence from a normal gamer whose eyes dont explode under 120fps heavy battles are not unplayable in fact I barely notice the drops and would not trade res or visuals for framerate.

wrong post
        Attached Files

Comment

LAST MISSION WALKTHROUGH, SPOILERS ALERT!

Comment

It didn't even entered top 10 in november in US. Man this game bombed.

Comment

Working...
            X