No announcement yet.

Gears of Wars 4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched the vid and I seems like there's a shoulder bash attack when rodie running into an opponent. It looks beautiful, probably the best looking game at E3 followed by ROTR, idk which to call better looking but I know for sure by Q4 2016 it will looks miles ahead of anything.

I just hope they shoot for 30fps instead of 60fps to really crank up the gfx. But knowing MS they really value 60fps for shooters.

My wishes for gears 4.

Make it more tactical. I know gears is all about in your face brutal action but it would add some depth if u could be a bit more tactical like say Rainbow 6 siege. Taking out walls to gain an additional pathways to the enemy. Customization options for guns, like variation of scopes, red dots, different grips that effect recoil.

Possibly custom suit abilities like, agile type but weak armor, balanced armor and speed and then heavy tank type.

Agile type will be fast, tank won't but thick armor, balanced type gets the best and the worst of each type. There will be visual ques so the player can easily identify which type of enemy they are facing.

I kno this I alot to ask but its important that gears keeps from getting stale, there will be the option for classic play as well.

Climbing ablilty, maybe zip line or environmental things u can use to ur advantage.

Comment

• Rockarolla3
      Rockarolla3 commented
      Editing a comment
      All these ideas are solid. I'd back it.
      I wish companies would take unsolicited ideas/ feedback.
      I have great ideas for Madden, but EA is not very consumer minded. They put out the same halfbaked football franchise with very little change every year. Menu still freezes game from time to time. How can't that flaw exist from year to year.
      Sorry not a post about GOW.

Comment

• BiG Porras
      BiG Porras commented
      Editing a comment
      so...red? xD
      Beauty.

I have no doubt that, once again, Gears of War will lead this generation in unbelievable graphics. The effects, shading, and physics are already mind blowing and we are talking about a game that is 1 1/2 years away. Looks like Naughty Dog will once again be looking up in admiration of Gears developers and DirectXboX technology. Now where's my fucking chainsaw. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockarolla3 View Post
      Is it me or does the male lead look less like a steroid-bulked, meat head than the previous installments?
      Always thought Fenix was ridiculously proportioned, especially when compared alongside to the more modest/realistic female cast.
      We're talking about men that have to wear heavy armor and some times stand toe to toe and match physical strength with hulking locusts. They should look big. The women look ridiculous doing that.

Comment

i like it .....

Comment

Originally posted by LuvOfThaGame View Post
          I have no doubt that, once again, Gears of War will lead this generation in unbelievable graphics. The effects, shading, and physics are already mind blowing and we are talking about a game that is 1 1/2 years away. Looks like Naughty Dog will once again be looking up in admiration of Gears developers and DirectXboX technology. Now where's my fucking chainsaw. Lol.

To be honest the Gears of War presentation was bare bones, you can only see high detailed 3D character models, impressive lighting and some nice wind physics ( if it was real-time and not simply animation). It's still a long way until the game is released but it wasn't no where near what Unchartred has achieved. I mean the the ultra high detailed characters, the crazy face animations/bends, the tessellation, the physics from the hair of Drake to his chest hair, Drake's clothes bending as he moves,getting dirty etc... And I'm simply mentioning the 3D models because in explosions/particle effects there a another enormous amount of details. ND home-brewed engine is simply unbelievable. All of this is if the presentation was indeed running on a Ps4, but at this point I think it's unquestionable.

Don't take me wrong but better graphics doesn't necessary translate into better aesthetics. Today it isn't the quantity of polygons on the 3d models or the resolution on textures that make makes a game more realistic. Physics play more and more an important role into making a 3D environement look real. So what I'm saying is : we should see more of the game in action. Because the general impression among my colleagues is that the game (with all the respect) was more of the same and that graphics were indeed very nice, but not exactly mind-blowing. But then again the game is still far from released so what you saw was something of a tech-demo built a few weeks before E3 just for the presentation as normally happens.

I have another thing to say. There is something that bothers me relatively with the studio BlackTusk and the use of the use Unreal Engine. Is that Epic Games the studio that previously had the franchise in hands were also the creators of the Unreal Engine. So imperatively they would handle the game better than any other game studios. First party studios or not, I think that the tech wizards of Epic would make it reach his full potential in Xbox One. But this was clearly a tactic to reduce costs since third-party equals subcontrator. But with Cliffy B. (which I had the honor to interview back in 2009) out of the picture I think the game will have fresh new path, that I'm looking forward to follow in a near future.

Great times await.

Comment

• G-Force
            G-Force commented
            Editing a comment
            with your comment about drake and stuff, which video are you referring too? can you please give me the link.

• DaRkSiDe2107
            DaRkSiDe2107 commented
            Editing a comment
            Read your comment and i can only say this: i don't care witch game looks better, i care for witch is more fun and i know that will be GoW 4. Uncharted never got any close to Gears in terms of fun factor.
            Last edited by DaRkSiDe2107; 07-04-2015, 02:47 PM.

• LuvOfThaGame
            LuvOfThaGame commented
            Editing a comment
            I completely disagree.
            And to address something first.
            "what you saw was something of a tech demo". No. It wasn't. It was a slice of Gears 4 they are working on. To insinuate that Gears is an "E3 tech demo" and Uncharted is straight up gameplay is very laughable. Which is it? We rather have to assume both are game slices or neither are. Dont cherry pick.
            How is it believable everything in Uncharted is "real time" and in Gears, it isn't?SNY just lied about this last E3. So if you're going to play the 'wait and see game' it should be with Uncharted. UE4 + DX12 will be the most powerful engine hands down. Gears has always set the graphic bar for each release and even your Naughty Gawds praise them.
            Bare bones? Far from it. Destruction, lighting, physics, models are far superior, if you paid attention. Polygon count is superior in gears.
            And u questioning The Coalition,formerly Black Tusk, is quite amusing considering most of the original devs are back working on Gears 4 headed by OG Gears series producer Rod "GearsViking" Ferguson. Cliff being gone is the best thing for Gears. He ran it into the ground trying to force slow paced, over reliant team play elements.
            Lastly, "clearly a tactic to reduce cost" *BULLSHIT*

If you are going to use arguments like that, when its known why and how MS acquired Gears of War, I am going to believe none of your arguments are serious and you just take issue with MS.

• KillerOrange
            KillerOrange commented
            Editing a comment
            G-Force :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZFquhQiC88

There's also a few other videos, relatively to other franchises. Way better than Eurogamer on tech analysis.

LuvIfthagame:

I'm not bashing as you suggesting, I just gave my professional opinion. I'll stick with my opinion about the Unchartred graphics relatively to GoW. Also about the reduced costs you said "considering most of the original devs are back working on Gears 4" . What you're saying doesn't answer anything, even if they brought the original devs to Blacktusk, they are now making the game through a first-party dev, so immediately costs will be reduced, giving the chance for more profit.

Ps: You should download the E3 UC4 trailer to see it from a direct feed with no compression.
            Last edited by KillerOrange; 07-04-2015, 03:48 PM.

• LuvOfThaGame
            LuvOfThaGame commented
            Editing a comment
            And you're entitled to that opinion as well as in entitled to mine. We'll agree to disagree. Gears dev comment was on your 'concern' about Epic not being involved. Rod and his team know exactly what they are doing. And I didn't answer your buyout reasoning, except to say *BULLSHIT* because thats exactly what it is, bullshit and doesnt warrant any further response. We know why and thats not even close.

• G-Force
            G-Force commented
            Editing a comment
            Killer, looked at that video and yes it looks very nice, and from what I have seen so far quantum break looks better at this stage.

what is REALLY standing out to me in things like Quantum break, Gears 4 and Halo 5 is the lighting / physics seems to be of a higher level that what we have seen with UC4, this also points back to what MS said was in the xbox one about having dedicated hardware to lighting and physics.

oh yeah, also Tomb Raider

Also no offense but the guy who did that video you posted me has no idea what he is talking about. You can tell he is just in love with the game (which don't get me wrong looks great), however his constant talk of this breaks 'procedurally' and then later this breaks dynamically (i'm not sure if he knows what he is even talking about), not taking away from the game, just his 'flavour' on it.

G
            Last edited by G-Force; 07-05-2015, 02:05 AM.

• KillerOrange
            KillerOrange commented
            Editing a comment
            G-Force

I will still keep my position in relation with Uncharted 4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUX0zNr7YFE

The youtuber released another video, this time uncompressed, that shows the original quality seen by journalists at E3. His tech-talk is real, It was a Indie game dev that suggested me to look it up. I think QB is in fact beautiful, but I don't think that surpasses UC4 or even The Order :1886 you could argue that they are at the same level, I would say: You're probably right.

• DaRkSiDe2107
            DaRkSiDe2107 commented
            Editing a comment
            KillerOrange Sorry but QB is way above U4 in terms of graphics, the physics and enviroment destruction are crazy, the motion, the hair, the models, the textures, all that are really gorgeous and in a much bigger scale than U4.

Originally posted by KillerOrange View Post

To be honest the Gears of War presentation was bare bones, you can only see high detailed 3D character models, impressive lighting and some nice wind physics ( if it was real-time and not simply animation). It's still a long way until the game is released but it wasn't no where near what Unchartred has achieved. I mean the the ultra high detailed characters, the crazy face animations/bends, the tessellation, the physics from the hair of Drake to his chest hair, Drake's clothes bending as he moves,getting dirty etc... And I'm simply mentioning the 3D models because in explosions/particle effects there a another enormous amount of details. ND home-brewed engine is simply unbelievable. All of this is if the presentation was indeed running on a Ps4, but at this point I think it's unquestionable.

Don't take me wrong but better graphics doesn't necessary translate into better aesthetics. Today it isn't the quantity of polygons on the 3d models or the resolution on textures that make makes a game more realistic. Physics play more and more an important role into making a 3D environement look real. So what I'm saying is : we should see more of the game in action. Because the general impression among my colleagues is that the game (with all the respect) was more of the same and that graphics were indeed very nice, but not exactly mind-blowing. But then again the game is still far from released so what you saw was something of a tech-demo built a few weeks before E3 just for the presentation as normally happens.

I have another thing to say. There is something that bothers me relatively with the studio BlackTusk and the use of the use Unreal Engine. Is that Epic Games the studio that previously had the franchise in hands were also the creators of the Unreal Engine. So imperatively they would handle the game better than any other game studios. First party studios or not, I think that the tech wizards of Epic would make it reach his full potential in Xbox One. But this was clearly a tactic to reduce costs since third-party equals subcontrator. But with Cliffy B. (which I had the honor to interview back in 2009) out of the picture I think the game will have fresh new path, that I'm looking forward to follow in a near future.

Great times await.
          "Great times await." seems like "Greatness waits" - Sony slogan. I smell a ponny trying to bash Gears and praise U4.
          For me, I wasn't impressed by U4 extended video release this week. Gears 4, Quantum Break, Tomb Raider and Halo 5 impressed me much more.

Comment

• F00xm4n
            F00xm4n commented
            Editing a comment
            I tend to agree with luizcont, and it seems odd to me a neogaf regular (killerorange) would not be praising UC4 and bashing Gears, tho I feel TR would be a better comparison.

Was just playing gears 3 in 3D and I gotta say I'm a little dissapointed they've dropped the ball on 3D this gen.

Gears 3 in 3D using SBS was ok but really needed to be full HD frame packed at 1080p.

Now we have gears 1 remake running at 60fps it would be awesome if they added a 3d option and just dropped the fps to 30fps to make it run full 3D HD.

Gears 4 in 3D, yeh why not. I'd be happy for it to run with dynamic rez to acheive it and a drop in overall fps.

Anyone else still interested in 3D or is it dead and burried?

Comment

• DaRkSiDe2107
            DaRkSiDe2107 commented
            Editing a comment
            Not interested in 3D anymore, for me it's not that immersive.

• BadCeeJay1975
            BadCeeJay1975 commented
            Editing a comment
            Nah, not interested either. My last TV had active 3D but didn't come with any glasses and I never bought any as they were quite expensive. My current TV came with two pairs of active glasses and I tried them once to make sure they worked and never used them since. I saw one 3D movie at the cinema (Hugo) and not been to one in 3D since. I wear glasses anyway so it feels awkward to wear 2 pairs but even if I didn't, I don't like how the glasses reduce the image quality and brightness and much prefer to just watch without.

For me i think that The COGs armor looks to bulky and outdated...the need to refine the armor to look more sleek aerodynamic.....
          Also the roddie Run if that is the correct spelling needs a major animation face lift......nobody runs faster crouched and arms not swinging.......
          They should yes keep their heads down i agree but the aesthetics should be upgraded to blend in with what next gen gameplay shoulld at least look like from motion captures

Comment

(apologies for slightly negative post)

I'm not entirely sure if this generation needs another 'prettier' Gears game.

At the end of the last gen, GTA ushered in perhaps the next level in gaming, where attention to detail was incredible and with so much to see/do. Whereas this just looks to be the crouch/peek/shoot until the alien pops gameplay we have seen already.

I suppose the more I think about it, the more I look forward to Rockstar's next offering over and above the clutch of re-hashed games emerging. I think MS are playing it safe with this approach, and are looking to tempt 360 users with a familiar game.

Personally I wish they'd have spent the time and money elsewhere on something new and fresh. Whilst the demo looked nice, it didn't really wow me and I'd bet with a few adjustments the 360 could easily run a version of it. It didn't look next generation.

Comment

• mokkey
              mokkey commented
              Editing a comment
              lol the downgrade would be huge to run that demo on 360 did you not see the gfx in that gears4 demo it was beautiful only thing is it was very dark..

• DaRkSiDe2107
              DaRkSiDe2107 commented
              Editing a comment
              Definitely not the 360 would not run it. The graphics are gorgeous! the lighting effects, the textures of the characters and the physics. You did not notice because it is a dark place that doesn't have many colors.
              Last edited by DaRkSiDe2107; 07-16-2015, 05:42 PM.

• CC-Tron
              CC-Tron commented
              Editing a comment
              What did wow you at E3 if anything?

• KillerOrange
              KillerOrange commented
              Editing a comment
              Well Xbox brand is defined by 3 franchises : Halo,Gears and Forza. And those games have to feel like always otherwise they're taking the risk of alienating the fan base. They are the pillar of the Xbox brand. These games will never end. Like Halo will never have a final installment neither Gears or Forza (which is more predictable). They put much resources in marketing to make them what they are today. I think that one day Halo and Gears will stagnate. And MS isn't really creating new franchises that will support the new console. Of course you can always say : Sunset or Quantum Break, but how many of them will have a sequel ? I thought that Titanfall would be the new Gears or Halo, but they didn't even buy the IP.

Originally posted by CityOfGod View Post
            (apologies for slightly negative post)

I'm not entirely sure if this generation needs another 'prettier' Gears game.

At the end of the last gen, GTA ushered in perhaps the next level in gaming, where attention to detail was incredible and with so much to see/do. Whereas this just looks to be the crouch/peek/shoot until the alien pops gameplay we have seen already.

I suppose the more I think about it, the more I look forward to Rockstar's next offering over and above the clutch of re-hashed games emerging. I think MS are playing it safe with this approach, and are looking to tempt 360 users with a familiar game.

Personally I wish they'd have spent the time and money elsewhere on something new and fresh. Whilst the demo looked nice, it didn't really wow me and I'd bet with a few adjustments the 360 could easily run a version of it. It didn't look next generation.
            The draw for GoW is the MP. That's why people wanted a new installment. It the alternative for those of us who don't really like twich shooter MP like CoD etc. Imo, it would have been a huge mistake for MS not to keep this franchise alive.

Comment

• DaRkSiDe2107
              DaRkSiDe2107 commented
              Editing a comment
              MP and Co-op man, i freaking love to play Gears campaign in Co-op.
          Working...
          X