Main Thread & News Stream [267]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main Thread & News Stream [267]

Xbox One "secret sauce" is real after all?
    Yes, it is. DICE confirmed it at GDC 2016
    48.61%
    No, DICE meant something else
    15.28%
    I don't know
    36.11%

Click image for larger version

Name:	asdd.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	18071

Comment

Taken a bit for MS to admit to it. The MS ability to give clear press has been severly lacking. Almost feels if they hired on Bush's speech writers when he left office.

Comment

Been playing allan wake again lately, since being added to BC. Ive just now been prompted for a 500mb update?

Isnt the game just the original code re-wrapped running in emulation.
        What need then, would there be, for such a big patch if the original code remains intact.

Especially when its been playing flawlessly for me...

Comment

• mistercteam
          Editing a comment
          +12 ...

• G-Force
          Editing a comment
          each game has the full Xbox 360 OS, i'm sure its just further improvements to that and how it works with the xbox one.

MisterX. Good to change the secret sauge to Secret Sauce. I first thought what the hell is secret sausage.

Comment

• DutchRogers
          Editing a comment
          HAHA! Mr X. was just thinking about the USB powered dildo (news story I broke) you have to stick in the side of the Xbox One to get that extra power.
          At e3 the dildo will be upon us!

BELIEVE :D

• hasmeh
          Editing a comment
          DutchRogers Haha. So the secret sausage comes with secret sauce.

• G-Force
          Editing a comment
          hasmeh only if it is put in the right hole

• DutchRogers
          Editing a comment
          hehe, Major Nelson 2+ years ago said the side USB was a special slot.

• Misterx
          Editing a comment
          Oh... yeah

"Secret Sauce" doesn't seem to be a secret anymore, now that more devs are putting it out there.. Good thing is, it won't be like development on the Sega Saturn where it had superior hard ware but wasn't utilized.. DX12 will be the most used API for PC/Xbox Brand..

Comment

Now that Nintendo are about to announce and release their new system (slightly more powerful than PS4), if MS has any NDA's / tricks up its sleeves I think very soon (after NX announcement etc) would be the time to do it

Every single time we see a new DX 12 feature or advancements we can see how the Xbox One was Designed for DX12 and NOT DX11.
          Last edited by G-Force; 03-28-2016, 01:52 AM.

Comment

• mistercteam
            Editing a comment
            Yep, infact the 1st mention of PSO library in SM 6.0 is basically a feat that said by DICE about X1 PSO feat

• OrionWolf
            Editing a comment
            The question is how much of that power will the controller take (besides the price) and why did Nintendo opt for a console that’s basically on par with the ps4 in 2016 (or worse 2017)? Not only that, but their using ARM instead of x86 (at least according to rumors) so that’s another thing that will impact porting of games from the x1/ps4/pc to the NX.

I really hope Nintendo doesn’t create another Wii U situation, but looking at the specs I’m worried that’s exactly the case.

SM 6.0 Tells us about this things .... called PSO libs
          with PSO libs logically they can switch to it with almost no cost
          PSO creation is CPU heavy and time consuming !!

AND X1 has FEAT since launch that specifically aimed for that (Switching PSO !!!)
          *) SM 6.0 give general name for it

Comment

• Mkai28
            Editing a comment
            So what does this mean for games, what could it do? Less bottlenecks could mean more stable frame rates, more effects on screen. But I'm hoping it could do more..

• mistercteam
            Editing a comment
            many more, that why he stated how awesome it is

Microsoft gives up more details on Shader Model 6.0 for DirectX 12

It's not quite here, however, but is more than on the way. They've still got a bit to do before it's completely operational, but considering the work that's been done already, we should see it introduced by this Summer. If there isn't an improved, or evolved, Xbox One, then this might breathe some new life into the console too.

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/51256/...-12/index.html

Comment

• G-Force
            Editing a comment
            MS again, moving gaming forward.

Sony's Moto should be "PastStation, For the Waiters"

PS (PastStation)
            4 (4 times less exclusives)

Sony's Cock Suckers Dice did not mean anything. They said the Xbone will always be behind in this gen. Thats it.

Comment

Can I just say I'm really looking forward to April I get to play Killer Instinct season 3, Quantum Break and some games I have just bought in the spring sale Xbox really hasn't let us down on the games side of things there's always something to play and that's just 1st party and exclusives for the console.

Comment

• Kadarky
            Editing a comment
            Also can I say what an amazing fun game Sunset Overdrive is ok some people might not get the humour but what a deal with GWG well worth playing if you haven't played it yet very underrated game.

• Ijokeri
            Editing a comment
            SSOD is still in my top 3 favorite games this generation. Along with Ori tobacco raider and halo 5

• TinyM
            Editing a comment
            SSOD was an absolute joy. The ONLY thing that would make it better would be a proper New Game Plus option. You can replay any level after beating it, but they are listed alphabetically instead of chronologically and you have to go down the list and select each one. If you could just click "let me play the whole game again without the collectables," I would have played it through again immediately after beating it.

Still, great game.

• Kadarky
            Editing a comment
            Yeah it is one of my favourite games so far this gen I didn't get it till after it came out and I was not too fussed about it but once I started playing it I had such a laugh and got hooked I hope it does well and gets the credit it deserves after people try it now with GWG.

Yesterday I just bought Halo Wars, played only 2 games and I'm loving it. Never had the chance to play it when it was released but as soon as I heard it was BC I went online and got it. I love RTS games and they did a great job making this game for console. Now the wait will feel even longer for halo wars 2
          Last edited by Ijokeri; 03-28-2016, 02:34 PM.

Comment

• mistercteam
            Editing a comment
            It is cool, an RTS game that very easy to grasp

Preview: Quantum Break Week 2

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_previe...-17712_en.html

Comment

• hardway
            Editing a comment
            Looking amazing! I can't wait until the 5th. So many effects happening on screen during those action sequences, if it plays smooth it will be a real testament to the capabilities of the Xbox One.

• TinyM
            Editing a comment
            Downloading the 75GB episode pack right now, 1080P with no streaming for me!

PS4.5 has been almost confirmed. WSJ today revealed that Sony will announce it before entering VR market this October. The console will output the games at 4K resolution. So what and when will be next Xbox?

Comment

• Keregan
            Editing a comment
            I don't think that the PS4K will runs games at 4k, unless they sell it 2000$, more like 4k video and 1080p/60fps games. Even top PC are struggling to keep the rez at 4k 60fps.

• TinyM
            Editing a comment
            I could see them upscaling to 4K...and I can see it being hailed as revolutionary.

Originally posted by forza_maniac View Post
          PS4.5 has been almost confirmed. WSJ today revealed that Sony will announce it before entering VR market this October. The console will output the games at 4K resolution. So what and when will be next Xbox?
          Something tells me Xbox will have to respond, only reason Sony is doing this is because they know there box can't stand for 10year cycle like Xbox one can with a dx12 enabled gpu, Sony has dx11 only and every Dev is now using dx12, that extra 50% will be used for parity or just barely.

Sony need a new console but Xbox will have to respond. It's troubling times in my opinion.

Comment

• scottvxr
            Editing a comment
            Xbox one day one came with a 4K ready hdmi cable 😂 Microsoft wouldn't waist money on something like that surely......

They're is no 50pct. to begin with anyway. The ps 4 is heavily bottle necked. Cpu, memory Bandwidth etc.

Sony had never been able to build a well balanced machine.

Comment

Sony 4K is not real 4K
            it is 1440p upscaled to 4K

X1 is ...... ;-)

X2 arrive when X1 price already about USD 200

so bring it on PS4K or wahtver ..... againts X1 or X1 slim ;-)

E3 will be awesome ....

Comment

• BiG Porras
              Editing a comment
              really? mmmmm...O_o

• srenia_ia
              Editing a comment
              Not worried a bit for the Xbox One. I could see Xbox One 4k working with the same games as Xbox One does. Scalability - something the ps4 to 4.5 will have a very rough time with. Plus HDR enable Xbox One so already seeing better graphics on the the original than the ps4. This holiday Xbox is having a revision coming out same as ps4 to combate Nintendo NX.

The original Xbox One owners won't be left behind, while original PS4 owners might have a bitter pill to swallow. Seeing extra $399 plus for VR and then havng to buy the lastest and greatest revision with the old ps4 having trouble playing newer games. To be a Sony fan is very costly.

The Xbox One revision could be a $199-249 console - no blue ray, much smaller footprint and 2 TB drive. A replacement for the 360 that is still being sold in stores currently. At this price point people can play 1080p 60 fps HDR quality games and even have it upscaled to 4k. This price point undercuts ps4 & ps4.5 and offers similiar graphics and games.

A specific 1st party Wired Xbox Hololens accesory and 3rd party VR would seal the deal. AR being something that Sony won't be able to duplicate easily. AR could run off of cloud graphics easily because latency isn't as big of deal. AR doesn't replace the tv like VR, just adds content. So you can play Xbox One games with or without AR without changing the game. All game devs have to do is add AR content or not. Either way the original Xbox One still works.
              PS4 VR the game devs have to write two games VR and tv versions. Xbox One game devs build one game. So to a dev AR saves a lot of money, adds gaming info that is useful to the gamer that VR doesn't add and is already a native part of UWP of OneCore that's in the Xbox One.

Sony VR and 4.5 is a gimmick compared to the goodness that Xbox One brings to the table to devs and gamers.

Example: Halo 5 game playplay on VR would look like a bigger screen. 4k version would only look sharper if you sat right next to your tv screen. Halo 5 1080p HDR version adds more realistic CGI visuals than 4k alone. AR ontop of this adds visual maps of the battle ground while you play, Holographic chatting with friends online and other features. VR & 4k look silly compared to having more useful gamer info while playing.
              Last edited by srenia_ia; 03-28-2016, 06:44 PM.

• Mkai28
              Editing a comment
              Is there evidence that it won't play games in 4K? I don't think anybody in here knows anything about this new PS4K, we don't even know if it even exists.. But I will say if it does come to light and be real, it may cost around $600

Hey just a general question how many here are planning to get Quantum Break???

Comment

• Misterx
              Editing a comment
              Preordered last week

• TinyM
              Editing a comment
              It should be "how many here are NOT planning to get Quantum Break?"

btw, I am NOT planning to NOT get it!
              Last edited by TinyM; 03-28-2016, 06:11 PM.

• Ijokeri
              Editing a comment
              Pre loaded and ready to go

• TinyM
              Editing a comment
              Just a tip in case anyone didn't know--you CAN pre-download the episodes if you buy the downloadable version of the game. After downloading the 45GB game, 'Manage' it and on the right side of the screen it will show available add-ons. The episode pack will be listed there and you can kick off the download.

I didn't realize this while the game itself was downloading and fretted that I might not have the episodes at launch, but when the game finished downloading I saw the option. I saw a forum on another site where at least 5 people responded that the episodes wouldn't be available till launch so I set them straight and figured I'd mention it here as a PSA.

It'll take probably 3-5 days on my connection, so I REALLY didn't want to wait till April 5th to start it!

• RaM5eS
              Editing a comment
              Pre ordered 3 weeks ago.

• Tolrem
              Editing a comment
              Preordered when first available. Already got and played through my free American Nightmare. Hopefully will get Alan Wake soon so I can play that before Quantum's release.

• Kadarky
              Editing a comment
              I can not wait watching some videos and gifs goin around I really am blown away by this game hopefully it will prove to everyone that resolution does not make a game great what a year we have in store if all new Xbox games look like this or better!!!

• hasmeh
              Editing a comment
              Pre-Ordered nearly a month ago.

• docLEXfisti
              Editing a comment
              Pre-ordered 4 weeks ago, looking forward!

• scottvxr
              Editing a comment
              Preordered 😊

• mistercteam
              Editing a comment
              will be ordered this week , digital games , but still finishing ROTR

• hardway
              Editing a comment
              pre-ordered digital. I wanted to get the Allen Wake deal.

• G-Force
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, as soon as they announced the free PC version I ordered same day for Xbox One

• Kadarky
              Editing a comment
              Yeah I have gone all digital this gen I know you pay more but there's so many discounts and sales you can always find bargains if you wait not sure I'm going to download the episode pack I will just stream that save some room on my external hard drive for more games 😉

• xbox_theone
              Editing a comment
              Preordered weeks ago and already played a little bit of Alan Wake's American Nightmare.

DX12 is a game changer and sony knows that, I think there is no way for ps4 to run a game like QB, looking at the latest videos of the game (like warehouse), the game engine tehchnically runs two or more scenes at a time!
            Resolution isn't end of story in this generation of gaming consoles, this generation is more about how many objects your system can draws and handle in the scene at the same moment.
            Tiled resources tire 3 and many more features in fusion together can release extremely power if your hardware has a lot of those feature levels.
            This is story behind ps4k.
            Last edited by killcool; 03-28-2016, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• mistercteam
              Editing a comment
              exactly, it is simple as this
              to get got AA on X360 the eDRAM processed 4-8 times the original BW

the POV is
              they have to do it to get Very Hiogh Quality image 4 frame of 720p that is something
              then downsample it to 1080p FB
              thats why they not said as upscaling
              the truth is if they want they can run 2560x1440

4 720p is nicely fit to 2560x1440

also remember X1 version is not DX12
              X1 version is start from DX11 version then adding some DX 11.x feat which many are actually goes to DX12

real DX12 will be with GEoW 4 and F7
              and that not fully DX12, but early taste

remember we need 2 years to get developer use real DX 11.x + async + Fast path etc

Originally posted by killcool View Post
            DX12 is a game changer and sony knows that, I think there is no way for ps4 to run a game like QB, looking at the latest videos of the game (like warehouse), the game engine tehchnically runs two or more scenes at a time!
            Resolution isn't end of story in this generation of gaming consoles, this generation is more about how many objects your system can draws and handle in the scene at the same moment.
            Tiled resources tire 3 and many more features in fusion together can release extremely power if your hardware has a lot of those feature levels.
            This is story behind ps4k.
            I though it was from hints of an upgradable Xbox one, why Sony is coming out with a 4K console. Speaking of upgrades, I hope The upgraded Xbox has a add on GPU like the laptops.(eGPU) just doesn't make since for Microsoft to go the approach of Sony's PS4K, being built for DX12 and all. Which means it's "future proof", and why would Microsoft spend 3 billion on AMD (weaker GPU) when Sony spent 500 million? Could Microsofts approach be eGPUs, I remember them saying, they purposely chose the weaker GPU..

Comment

• srenia_ia
              Editing a comment
              More balanced or effecient approach. All the specialized processors in the Xbox One have to emulated on the PS4 taking away the CU number, plus the CU themselves are different CU's. The new CU's from AMD aren't equal to older carrds CU's. Command processor on the new AMD cards have been totally changed. MS went with their own comannd processors on the Xbox One that runs microcode - programable logic. When people say Xbox One is weaker that is ignorant of what makes a GPU a GPU. Even the PS4 GPU is layed out differently than a stock AMD GPU.

When it comes down to it the PS4 isn't seeing the 50% more power than Xbox One. Xbox One continues to see improvements on performance with Directx 12 API while PS4 isn't seeing any. Paper specs aren't the same as real world specs. Right now MS has proven that the Xbox One isn't weaker through games.
              Last edited by srenia_ia; 03-28-2016, 07:17 PM.

• kolanji
              Editing a comment
              Either way am not waiting around to be disappointed this E3 with hopes of nothing to be announced to enhance my xbox one games.....if that happens then so be the case...

I invested in a 60" 4k tv and a dolby digital surround sound 5.1 for gaming since 2015 August...and its about time i get to test the capabilities of my investments

Long story short am building A 4k pc using Nvidia Gpu...its the first time ever am venturing into pc gaming...but to be honest this generation era is really not impressive to say the least...so am going to add a PC to my console to starve off this disappoinment i feel towards such weak consoles in comparison to available tech this early in a gen......i really enjoyed xb360 era far more.....

• srenia_ia
              Editing a comment
              I see PC/console/VR gaming as more of the same old same old. AR - Holograhic gaming will truly change how games are made and played. MS has made the OneCore in Xbox One console to run Holograms natively. So you make a UWP, you are able to make Holograms without a crack team of devs. I would wait on the Nvidia GPU until they get better Directx 12.x support. Nvidia had great Direct 11.x cards, but didn't future proof them very well.

• OrionWolf
              Editing a comment
              kolanji I would advise you to wait for the next gen GPUs from Nvidia and AMD (1000 series aka Pascal/r9 400 series aka Polaris) that are launching second half of this year, if for nothing else at least for the price drop of the current gen (900/r9 300).

• kolanji
              Editing a comment
              srenia_ia interesting great point... OrionWolf thanks great advice will wait a bit was already shopping on amazon and was considering gtx 970 sli or just one gtx 980 ti...but with ur advice i will wait a bit...thanks for the input

• slasaru
              Editing a comment
              Guys, I would calm down on the new GPUs. It's not profitable for Nvidia and AMD to give us very advanced and powerful cards every time. They add about 5% or so. Same with Intel CPUs. You just imagine what could industry achieve if they were not holding back because of sales policy

Occulus Rift (Review):

Intro:

The biggest surprise coming out of our Oculus Rift testing? This isn't just a piece of hardware. It's a platform. Once you strap on the display and immerse yourself into Oculus Home - the front-end of the system - this becomes obvious. Buying games, accessing your library, downloading content, hooking up with friends, watching media, launching titles and switching between them - it's all done within a beautifully realised VR world. There's a console-style sense of solidity and polish to the whole enterprise. And as long as you stick to Oculus' minimum PC spec, just about everything just works.

Despite this, the polish and consistency across the exceptional UI - and indeed the lion's share of the launch games themselves - is highly accomplished. With just barely perceptible, highly infrequent stutter on a small batch of games, the Rift delivers a locked 90fps across the experience from start to finish. Going into this review, we were prepared to roll up our sleeves, break out the overclocking tools, and adjust GPU control panel settings to get the best possible VR experience. The beauty of the Oculus Rift is that after a short set-up procedure, you're good to go with the minimum of tweaking - in most cases, at least.

Ported Titles:

Another ported title - The Vanishing of Ethan Carter - is more effective. The non-VR version is a visual treat (especially so via its Unreal Engine 4 upgrade), but the move to Oculus Rift is a genuine game-changer. Just experiencing this game world in VR, in effect just being there is - and I don't use this word lightly - incredible. Out of the box, settings are well-tuned too, meaning that these stunning visuals lock at 90Hz on the base-spec hardware. The image isn't pristine, being somewhat blurry with intrusive sub-pixel break-up - but that's exactly because The Astonauts have tailored default settings so that those with the lowest acceptable specification in hardware do get that locked frame-rate.

Verdict:

From a hardware perspective, Oculus Rift delivers. As a spectacles wearer with less than stellar experiences using the Crescent Bay prototype, I was concerned that Oculus may have lost pace compared to the more comfortable HTC Vive and PlayStation VR, but the final hardware delivers. Image quality is up there with the best, latency in motion response is a non-issue (a rapid shake of the head during gameplay confirms this - the image remains perceptually rock solid) and the integrated headphones are way, way better than I thought they would be. The headset is well-designed, build quality is good and the immersive experience overall is breathtaking.

There's also much to commend in the platform Oculus has delivered, in terms of the wide scope of its content, the (almost) fully integrated VR interface, and the way in which the vast majority of games just work, even on the min-spec PC hardware platform. There's an almost console-like level of accessibility here that guarantees a great experience with minimal effort. There's also the notion that VR is going to revolutionise more than gaming alone - the wealth of freebies in the Oculus store is a great touch in this sense. It gets you excited about the future of the platform, enough that you want to share the Rift with family and friends.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...us-rift-review

Very promising.

I imagine that MS comes out with an updated X1 which is not only compatible with Occulus Rift but also Vive. Occulus already has an X1 controller and that bundle could be awesome.

Comment

http://m.windowscentral.com/microsof...what-to-expect

First day reveal is expected that UWP Apps will be opened up for Xbox One. So facebook, Microsoft Office Suite, Skype and many more will be availiable to all Xbox One owners. :-)
              Last edited by srenia_ia; 03-28-2016, 07:57 PM.

Comment

DirectX 12 Advancement

Comment

Resident Evil 6 on Xbox One si running very well, 1080p/60fps very smooth with all dlc of course.

I wonder how the game will run on ps4, something tell me it will not be as good like DMC.(run better on Xbox One)
                We will see the damage control from DF as usual.

Comment

• slasaru
                  Editing a comment
                  Any AA in the game?

• mistercteam
                  Editing a comment
                  is this new game ?
                  remastered ?

• kipotan
                  Editing a comment
                  It's Resident Evil 6 Remaster for only 20$.

It's worth it because 1080p@60fps, all dlc and very good AA.

Where is Killer Instict Season 3 ?
                The Xbox store says 03/29/16 0:01 CET. Now it is 07:26 and no Season 3. :(

Comment

• Kadarky
                  Editing a comment
                  I know I'm really into Killer Instinct now I wasn't at the start but now its my favourite fighting game after getting into the combo's I think Xbox should advertise it more on there main tv ads and use it as a leading brand game like Halo, Gears and Co.

• G-Force
                  Editing a comment
              Working...
              X