Main Thread & News Stream [267]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main Thread & News Stream [267]

Xbox One "secret sauce" is real after all?
    Yes, it is. DICE confirmed it at GDC 2016
    48.61%
    No, DICE meant something else
    15.28%
    I don't know
    36.11%

Click image for larger version

Name:	asdd.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	18071

Comment

Taken a bit for MS to admit to it. The MS ability to give clear press has been severly lacking. Almost feels if they hired on Bush's speech writers when he left office.

Comment

Been playing allan wake again lately, since being added to BC. Ive just now been prompted for a 500mb update?

Isnt the game just the original code re-wrapped running in emulation.
        What need then, would there be, for such a big patch if the original code remains intact.

Especially when its been playing flawlessly for me...

Comment

• mistercteam
          mistercteam commented
          Editing a comment
          +12 ...

• G-Force
          G-Force commented
          Editing a comment
          each game has the full Xbox 360 OS, i'm sure its just further improvements to that and how it works with the xbox one.

MisterX. Good to change the secret sauge to Secret Sauce. I first thought what the hell is secret sausage.

Comment

• DutchRogers
          DutchRogers commented
          Editing a comment
          HAHA! Mr X. was just thinking about the USB powered dildo (news story I broke) you have to stick in the side of the Xbox One to get that extra power.
          At e3 the dildo will be upon us!

BELIEVE :D

• hasmeh
          hasmeh commented
          Editing a comment
          DutchRogers Haha. So the secret sausage comes with secret sauce.

• G-Force
          G-Force commented
          Editing a comment
          hasmeh only if it is put in the right hole

• DutchRogers
          DutchRogers commented
          Editing a comment
          hehe, Major Nelson 2+ years ago said the side USB was a special slot.

• Misterx
          Misterx commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh... yeah

"Secret Sauce" doesn't seem to be a secret anymore, now that more devs are putting it out there.. Good thing is, it won't be like development on the Sega Saturn where it had superior hard ware but wasn't utilized.. DX12 will be the most used API for PC/Xbox Brand..

Comment

Now that Nintendo are about to announce and release their new system (slightly more powerful than PS4), if MS has any NDA's / tricks up its sleeves I think very soon (after NX announcement etc) would be the time to do it

Every single time we see a new DX 12 feature or advancements we can see how the Xbox One was Designed for DX12 and NOT DX11.
          Last edited by G-Force; 03-28-2016, 01:52 AM.

Comment

• mistercteam
            mistercteam commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep, infact the 1st mention of PSO library in SM 6.0 is basically a feat that said by DICE about X1 PSO feat

• OrionWolf
            OrionWolf commented
            Editing a comment
            The question is how much of that power will the controller take (besides the price) and why did Nintendo opt for a console that’s basically on par with the ps4 in 2016 (or worse 2017)? Not only that, but their using ARM instead of x86 (at least according to rumors) so that’s another thing that will impact porting of games from the x1/ps4/pc to the NX.

I really hope Nintendo doesn’t create another Wii U situation, but looking at the specs I’m worried that’s exactly the case.

SM 6.0 Tells us about this things .... called PSO libs
          with PSO libs logically they can switch to it with almost no cost
          PSO creation is CPU heavy and time consuming !!

AND X1 has FEAT since launch that specifically aimed for that (Switching PSO !!!)
          *) SM 6.0 give general name for it

Comment

• Mkai28
            Mkai28 commented
            Editing a comment
            So what does this mean for games, what could it do? Less bottlenecks could mean more stable frame rates, more effects on screen. But I'm hoping it could do more..

• mistercteam
            mistercteam commented
            Editing a comment
            many more, that why he stated how awesome it is

Microsoft gives up more details on Shader Model 6.0 for DirectX 12

It's not quite here, however, but is more than on the way. They've still got a bit to do before it's completely operational, but considering the work that's been done already, we should see it introduced by this Summer. If there isn't an improved, or evolved, Xbox One, then this might breathe some new life into the console too.

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/51256/...-12/index.html

Comment

• G-Force
            G-Force commented
            Editing a comment
            MS again, moving gaming forward.

Sony's Moto should be "PastStation, For the Waiters"

PS (PastStation)
            4 (4 times less exclusives)

Sony's Cock Suckers Dice did not mean anything. They said the Xbone will always be behind in this gen. Thats it.

Comment

• BiG Porras
            BiG Porras commented
            Editing a comment
            8====D (ºoº)

Can I just say I'm really looking forward to April I get to play Killer Instinct season 3, Quantum Break and some games I have just bought in the spring sale Xbox really hasn't let us down on the games side of things there's always something to play and that's just 1st party and exclusives for the console.

Comment

• Kadarky
            Kadarky commented
            Editing a comment
            Also can I say what an amazing fun game Sunset Overdrive is ok some people might not get the humour but what a deal with GWG well worth playing if you haven't played it yet very underrated game.

• Ijokeri
            Ijokeri commented
            Editing a comment
            SSOD is still in my top 3 favorite games this generation. Along with Ori tobacco raider and halo 5

• TinyM
            TinyM commented
            Editing a comment
            SSOD was an absolute joy. The ONLY thing that would make it better would be a proper New Game Plus option. You can replay any level after beating it, but they are listed alphabetically instead of chronologically and you have to go down the list and select each one. If you could just click "let me play the whole game again without the collectables," I would have played it through again immediately after beating it.

Still, great game.

• Kadarky
            Kadarky commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah it is one of my favourite games so far this gen I didn't get it till after it came out and I was not too fussed about it but once I started playing it I had such a laugh and got hooked I hope it does well and gets the credit it deserves after people try it now with GWG.
        Working...
        X