Scalebound

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://twitter.com/Scalebound/statu...02624871178240
    Watch the PAX panel, learn more about #Scalebound, and ride a flying dragon, because dragons. http://bit.ly/1YG7lDg

Comment

Hey there Everyone! My name is John Omohundro, and I play Drew in the upcoming Xbox One title Scalebound. You might recognize me from some of my previous work on
      REVOLUTION, BRAVEST WARRIORS or a variety of other stuff! This the first game of my career, and I thought I’d share a few things about the experience

On the final day of the most recent wave of shoots, one scene stands out above the rest. There was a pretty heavy moment where I was riding Thuban. I remember getting into
      the mindset of the scene. When you go to that place in your head, it hurts. You have to visualize everything you have ever loved, then imagine ALL OF IT being ripped away
      from you. The room went silent, and the director waited for me to signal I was ready to go for it. I flipped on my face light, assumed the “T-Pose,” then took my position. The
      actual scene after they called ACTION was kind of a blur, but when I finally looked up, our director was in tears. As she nodded that we got it, I realized, I too was crying.

Even though acting in this game has been the hardest, most physically demanding project of my entire career, it’s moments like this that make everything worth it. I hope you
      all enjoy the final product of Scalebound. Seriously, blood, sweat and tears have gone into it and I couldn’t be more proud to be a part of the family.

Thanks for the support everybody. This is going to be a wild ride!

Comment

Firstly, in an interview with Game Informer, MS Shannon Loftis noted that the Platinum-developed game Scalebound maybe wasn't the right fit for Microsoft - and that's why it was cancelled.

"We’re not really talking about the state of the game," Loftis responds when asked about the status of the game when it was cancelled. "It was an incredibly difficult decision to make to discontinue it. Platinum is an amazing, incredibly talented developer.

"When we make game decisions, we ask ourselves: Is this the right game? Is it the right experience? Is it the right time? And unless we can answer yes to all three, we won’t continue on with a development cycle," she continued.

"And you know, Platinum is obviously doing great. They came out with Nier: Automata, and I thought that was an incredible game, and I’m super excited to see what they do next."

BullCrap

Huh? Then why even start development?

Comment

Working...
      X