• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ScaleBound have playable demo at Gamescom
    http://www.xboxuncut.com/xvox/2015/7...ration-delight

Comment

Comment

"We'll be kicking things off tomorrow morning at approximately 8am PT/11am ET, or as soon as the Microsoft press briefing ends. At that point, we will post our first piece of IGN First content for Scalebound: an extended gameplay demo that's much longer than the one you'll see during the Xbox briefing. You can also expect:
        • In-depth looks at various Scalebound gameplay systems
        • Behind-the-scenes on how Kamiya-san finally got Scalebound made after years of trying
        • Kamiya-san himself on our IGN Live show direct from Gamescom in Germany on Thursday, August 6 at 6:30am PT/9:30am PT (also available anytime, on-demand, after that time)
        • And much more!"
        Click image for larger version

Name:	envsatellite04jpg-73e5e4_1024w.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	5105
        We're covering Platinum Games' dragon-riding Xbox One exclusive all month long as part of IGN First. Here's what we'll be up to!
        Last edited by luizcont; 08-03-2015, 05:21 PM.

Comment

See our exclusive first-ever gameplay footage of Xbox One's exclusive dragon-riding action title from renowned studio Platinum Games.

Comment

Gamescom 2015: Scalebound Release Window, 4-Player Co-op Announced

Scalebound will launch exclusively on Xbox One in Holiday 2016.

The news was announced during today's Microsoft Press Conference at Gamescom 2015, along with the news the upcoming title will feature 4-player co-op gameplayer. It wasn't specified whether this would be online-only or if there would be any opportunity for split-screen gameplay.

Other news announced including the main character's name - it's Drew - and that the world in which you're adventuring will be called Draconis, with an opening area taking place somewhere called the Grasslands. With all this in mind, it's hardly surprisingly Platinum is branding it its biggest game to date.

Don't forget we're set to have an extended version of the demo available straight after the conference on IGN, and we'll be covering Scalebound all this month as part of IGN First, so be sure to bookmark our hub for all the latest news as it's announced.

Comment

Does this game use the cloud in any way?

Comment

• DaRkSiDe2107
                DaRkSiDe2107 commented
                Editing a comment
                Probably not.

• luizcont
                luizcont commented
                Editing a comment
                I don't think it will have cloud, but I think It will use dedicated servers for the 4 co-op multiplayer.

I can't say I was impressed to be completely honest. The dragon looked like a gimmick to cover up a modern version of Golden Axe. It didn't seem particulary ground-breaking like I hoped it would be.

Comment

• DaRkSiDe2107
                DaRkSiDe2107 commented
                Editing a comment
                It's supposed to be a really open game and if that's the case the dragon may be used to fly to locations and on sky battles. Let's see more to call it a gimmick.

Wow, this just became my most anticipated game. Looks awesome. Action oriented rpgs are my favorite game type. Hopefully there will be matchmaking for co-op.

Comment

• luizcont
                luizcont commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, this and Gears 4. I love also Souls games, can't wait either for Dark Souls 3.
                I bought PS4 for Bloodborne, but the mp is broken. I was really disappointed with Bloodborne and PSN.
                Scalebound will be perfect in Xbox, live and dedicated servers.

• TheCrazyOne
                TheCrazyOne commented
                Editing a comment
                I like how this game is a mash up of Monster Hunter and Xenoblade. It looks like it's gonna have the combat of Monster Hunter and its gonna be open world like Xenoblade all of that with Platinum Games twist on it.

Love this game already, and this is just a pre-alpha demo wow.

Comment

"Scalebound isn't just a hack n' slash; it's a full-blown action RPG with an inventory, loot, non-linear exploration, NPC cities, weapon durability, currency, in-game economies and more."
                Gamescom 2015 attendees were treated to a developer walk-through of Scalebound, complete with a look at some of the game's in-development RPG features. Scalebound is one to watch.

Comment

• TheCrazyOne
                  TheCrazyOne commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wow Kamiya is going all out on this one, glad this is a X1 exclusive.

The only bad part about this game is the release date.

• DaRkSiDe2107
                  DaRkSiDe2107 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The game that i wanted for Xbox.

From SonyGaf:
                "Saw the gameplay demo played live at gamescom today. The presentation during the conference didn't do it justice. It looked smooth and awesome. Dragon customisation seems very deep and levelling your dragon seems fun! When drew uses the lance/spear his attacks are much faster than with the sword and it seems you can rack up some nice combos. Seems kamiya to use a slower weapon (hammer was his favourite combo weapon from w101 iirc), but faster weapons seem more fun.

Went to see the horizon demo after the scalebound one. Scalebound kicked it's butt in epic huge monster fighting and fun and intense gameplay.

Will buy xbone just for this game.'
                "Gamespot is saying it was smooth behind closed doors as well. I wonder what happened. Maybe an older but more stable build was played onstage? '

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=1761

Comment

• TheCrazyOne
                  TheCrazyOne commented
                  Editing a comment
                  luizcont It could have been an older build shown but ppl shouldn't complain about a game that has framerate issues when its in pre-alpha and more than a year away.

• David Michael
                  David Michael commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I play Ninja Gaiden I and II by Itagaki more than any other game ever and it's still my personal favorite. Loved 1st Bayonetta and am really hoping for super fast in your face fighting action! This is a great update ty

• luizcont
                  luizcont commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I play Ninja Gaiden I and II by Itagaki more than any other game ever and it's still my personal favorite. Loved 1st Bayonetta and am really hoping for super fast in your face fighting action! This is a great update ty
                  I love Ninja Gaiden series (best hack's lash ever), I wish Team Ninja does a new one for current gen, but Scalebound is an action rpg, not an hack's lash game like DMC, Bayonetta, NG, etc.

• DaRkSiDe2107
                  DaRkSiDe2107 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's a Platinum game. A stable fps is the second thing that you think about their games the first one being great gameplay. Don't know why people are complaining about it.

• TheCrazyOne
                  TheCrazyOne commented
                  Editing a comment
                  DaRkSiDe2107 A game that dips in the 20s quit frequently like how Scalebound was doing on stage thats bad for a final game release, that's why ppl complain cause apparently they think its going to release like that.
              Working...
              X