X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• knightoftheX
    started a topic Scalebound

Scalebound

Opening the thread for Scalebound. Gamescon is getting closer (about 1 month to go) and we can post any new info from the game here.

• Smash_mouth
    replied

Firstly, in an interview with Game Informer, MS Shannon Loftis noted that the Platinum-developed game Scalebound maybe wasn't the right fit for Microsoft - and that's why it was cancelled.

"We’re not really talking about the state of the game," Loftis responds when asked about the status of the game when it was cancelled. "It was an incredibly difficult decision to make to discontinue it. Platinum is an amazing, incredibly talented developer.

"When we make game decisions, we ask ourselves: Is this the right game? Is it the right experience? Is it the right time? And unless we can answer yes to all three, we won’t continue on with a development cycle," she continued.

"And you know, Platinum is obviously doing great. They came out with Nier: Automata, and I thought that was an incredible game, and I’m super excited to see what they do next."

BullCrap

Huh? Then why even start development?

Leave a comment:

• BiG Porras
    commented on 's reply
    AMAZING!

• Smash_mouth
    replied

Hey there Everyone! My name is John Omohundro, and I play Drew in the upcoming Xbox One title Scalebound. You might recognize me from some of my previous work on
    REVOLUTION, BRAVEST WARRIORS or a variety of other stuff! This the first game of my career, and I thought I’d share a few things about the experience

On the final day of the most recent wave of shoots, one scene stands out above the rest. There was a pretty heavy moment where I was riding Thuban. I remember getting into
    the mindset of the scene. When you go to that place in your head, it hurts. You have to visualize everything you have ever loved, then imagine ALL OF IT being ripped away
    from you. The room went silent, and the director waited for me to signal I was ready to go for it. I flipped on my face light, assumed the “T-Pose,” then took my position. The
    actual scene after they called ACTION was kind of a blur, but when I finally looked up, our director was in tears. As she nodded that we got it, I realized, I too was crying.

Even though acting in this game has been the hardest, most physically demanding project of my entire career, it’s moments like this that make everything worth it. I hope you
    all enjoy the final product of Scalebound. Seriously, blood, sweat and tears have gone into it and I couldn’t be more proud to be a part of the family.

Thanks for the support everybody. This is going to be a wild ride!

Leave a comment:

• luizcont
    replied
    https://twitter.com/Scalebound/statu...02624871178240
    Watch the PAX panel, learn more about #Scalebound, and ride a flying dragon, because dragons. http://bit.ly/1YG7lDg

Leave a comment:

• luizcont
    replied
    http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/09/12/scalebound-director-hideki-kamiya-thinks-its-better-than-his-previous-projects-bayonetta-and-okami/

"
    Scalebound director, Hideki Kamiya, said that the game will offer a longer gameplay experience than Bayonetta and Okami, which had a “shorter cycle.” He also stated that they will fill the game with fun and interesting side-quests, which will keep you coming for more."
    “Bayonetta can be seen as a shorter cycle game – you may want to go back and hone your skills a bit more, or you might be so satisfied that you’ve completed it that that can be the end of it, same goes for a game like Okami. Now, with Scalebound, because the world is so large, my hope is that [players won’t just] go from beginning to end and that’s it. There are so many [side-quests] that we’re going to be sprinkling throughout this vast world that I hope you’ll go back to dungeons and pick up items that weren’t available to you at that time, and want to clear it in a different way.”

Leave a comment:

• David Michael
    commented on 's reply
    Game of Show!!!! nice!

• TheCrazyOne
    commented on 's reply
    I'm actually surprised that DualShockers of all places awarded Scalebound at all lol.

• luizcont
    replied
    DualShockers Gamescom Awards: Scalebound Shines Bright Among a Galaxy of Stars
    http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/08/...laxy-of-stars/

Game of the Show: Scalebound
    Best Xbox One Game: Scalebound
    Best First Party Game: Scalebound
    Biggest Shocker: Scalebound

"It looked impressive on the big screen at Microsoft’s press conference, but when I saw it played in front of my eyes behind closed doors, I was blown away.
    The gaming industry seems to have trouble doing dragon-focused games right. Scalebound seems to be a radical exception to that rule."
    Last edited by luizcont; 09-03-2015, 02:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• luizcont
    replied
    The Dragon-tastic Origins of Scalebound - IGN First

Leave a comment:

• TheCrazyOne
    commented on 's reply
    DaRkSiDe2107 A game that dips in the 20s quit frequently like how Scalebound was doing on stage thats bad for a final game release, that's why ppl complain cause apparently they think its going to release like that.

• DaRkSiDe2107
    commented on 's reply
    It's a Platinum game. A stable fps is the second thing that you think about their games the first one being great gameplay. Don't know why people are complaining about it.

• luizcont
    commented on 's reply
    I play Ninja Gaiden I and II by Itagaki more than any other game ever and it's still my personal favorite. Loved 1st Bayonetta and am really hoping for super fast in your face fighting action! This is a great update ty
    I love Ninja Gaiden series (best hack's lash ever), I wish Team Ninja does a new one for current gen, but Scalebound is an action rpg, not an hack's lash game like DMC, Bayonetta, NG, etc.

• David Michael
    commented on 's reply
    I play Ninja Gaiden I and II by Itagaki more than any other game ever and it's still my personal favorite. Loved 1st Bayonetta and am really hoping for super fast in your face fighting action! This is a great update ty

• TheCrazyOne
    commented on 's reply
    luizcont It could have been an older build shown but ppl shouldn't complain about a game that has framerate issues when its in pre-alpha and more than a year away.

• luizcont
    replied
    From SonyGaf:
    "Saw the gameplay demo played live at gamescom today. The presentation during the conference didn't do it justice. It looked smooth and awesome. Dragon customisation seems very deep and levelling your dragon seems fun! When drew uses the lance/spear his attacks are much faster than with the sword and it seems you can rack up some nice combos. Seems kamiya to use a slower weapon (hammer was his favourite combo weapon from w101 iirc), but faster weapons seem more fun.

Went to see the horizon demo after the scalebound one. Scalebound kicked it's butt in epic huge monster fighting and fun and intense gameplay.

Will buy xbone just for this game.'
    "Gamespot is saying it was smooth behind closed doors as well. I wonder what happened. Maybe an older but more stable build was played onstage? '

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=1761

Leave a comment:

• DaRkSiDe2107
    commented on 's reply
    The game that i wanted for Xbox.

• TheCrazyOne
    commented on 's reply
    Wow Kamiya is going all out on this one, glad this is a X1 exclusive.

The only bad part about this game is the release date.

• luizcont
    replied
    "Scalebound isn't just a hack n' slash; it's a full-blown action RPG with an inventory, loot, non-linear exploration, NPC cities, weapon durability, currency, in-game economies and more."
    Gamescom 2015 attendees were treated to a developer walk-through of Scalebound, complete with a look at some of the game's in-development RPG features. Scalebound is one to watch.

Leave a comment:

• kipotan
    replied
    Love this game already, and this is just a pre-alpha demo wow.

Leave a comment:

• TheCrazyOne
    commented on 's reply
    I like how this game is a mash up of Monster Hunter and Xenoblade. It looks like it's gonna have the combat of Monster Hunter and its gonna be open world like Xenoblade all of that with Platinum Games twist on it.

• luizcont
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, this and Gears 4. I love also Souls games, can't wait either for Dark Souls 3.
    I bought PS4 for Bloodborne, but the mp is broken. I was really disappointed with Bloodborne and PSN.
    Scalebound will be perfect in Xbox, live and dedicated servers.

• luizcont
    commented on 's reply
    I don't think it will have cloud, but I think It will use dedicated servers for the 4 co-op multiplayer.

• Tolrem
    replied
    Wow, this just became my most anticipated game. Looks awesome. Action oriented rpgs are my favorite game type. Hopefully there will be matchmaking for co-op.

Leave a comment:

• DaRkSiDe2107
    commented on 's reply
    It's supposed to be a really open game and if that's the case the dragon may be used to fly to locations and on sky battles. Let's see more to call it a gimmick.
Working...
X