Main Thread & News Stream [268]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mafia 3 - District Takedown.

Similar mechanics to a lot of open world games these days. Maybe it can differentiate itself with story and characters. Because taking down 18 bosses for the 9 districts seems boring, if its the same thing over and over again.

Comment

• Wow, Major Nelson video on Facebook, Phil Spencer said this:
      'Monday will be one of the most special events in Xbox history... comparable to Zero Hour 360 launch in terms of importance'

https://www.facebook.com/xbox/videos/10154089094041023/
      Last edited by docLEXfisti; 06-12-2016, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• hasmeh
        hasmeh commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for sharing. Really sounds interesting. Phil seems so relaxed and confident. Lets hope we get a great show on Monday.

• docLEXfisti
        docLEXfisti commented
        Editing a comment
        ...as if I wasn't hyped enough already... Microsoft MUST show something from Scorpio, a short reel of what to expect from Xbox in 2017 - they don't have to go into detail about specs... just some hype ;)

• David Michael
        David Michael commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm really having high hopes....TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!

• E3 - Twisted Monster (X1 reveal and E3):

Very interesting read. Well worth the read. I have just added the last para.

So to hell with such feeble protestations. I live for the crunch of bone and sinew, the carnival of slaughter that is one vast international corporation selling more of its luxury commodities than another. I still recall the accursed triumph of staggering back to my desk at 3.30am, just to make sure the internet damn well knew that The Elder Scrolls Online wasn't, as Sony had slyly insinuated during its presser, a PS4 exclusive. I still recall the joy when Microsoft announced backwards compatibility for Xbox One at E3 2014 and finally, finally landed a clean punch on an opponent that had spent the preceding 12 months jumping up and down on its lawn, pulling faces.

Most of all, though, I remember the delight of sharing this struggle with the closest things I will ever have to children, my dear beloved OXM forum users. Once the online equivalent of Southend-on-Sea, the forum was transformed across E3 2013 into a battalion of hard-eyed partisans, waging a rearguard action deep in enemy territory. Old grudges and rivalries were put aside in the crusade to persuade the wider cosmos that there were probably worse scenarios than owning an Xbox console. I'd open 100+ comment threads at five in the morning to discover mods and trolls battling shoulder to shoulder in the quagmire, copy-pasting each other's rebuttals like firefighters passing along buckets of water. Ladies, gentlemen - my profoundest respects. The world will never understand what we sacrificed, that the One might prosper. May the Power of the Cloud be with you, always.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ter-i-am-today

Comment

• docLEXfisti
        docLEXfisti commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by hasmeh View Post
        May the Power of the Cloud be with you, always.
        I really like that.

• new thread has arrived. make sure to vote new poll before E3

http://misterxmedia.com/forum/gaming...ews-stream-269

Comment

Working...
      X