https://blogs.windows.com/buildingap...oHRIrXBtkW1.97

Comment

http://www.eetimes.com/document.asp?doc_id=1330342

12 Cores (MS like this number ;-)
      each has 2 DSP cluster

Comment

• Direct X-Static
        Editing a comment
        Hololens is using hardware acceleration to gain 200x the performance of a software based solution? Hmm, where have I heard of using hardware acceleration to boost console efficiency before? It had something to do with needing Win 10 and DX12 in order to enable... oh yeah, XB1! Now think how powerful Scorpio will be with 6tf raw performance and hardware acceleration too!

+12 Mr. C!

• Misterx
        Editing a comment
        Direct X-Static Too bad only few MS exclusives will use it...not on max too because it will be too complicated to change engines to DSP processing for main rendering pipeline.

2nd 😂 ......COD 2 BC, massive frame rate improvements.

Comment

what a day, just got email from ms stating they are closing xbox fitness and have refunded me money for all purchases i made years ago when i got the xbox one day 1. so now i have 149 bucks back in my account, just in time for FH3 and recore

Comment

• docLEXfisti
          Editing a comment
          very honorable gesture

Ahem... interesting graphics engine...

Comment

Assetto Corsa is out......anybody played this? Worth buying? Surprised DF haven't done any comparison's as of yet......apparently you can flatspot and blister your tyres.

Comment

• Direct X-Static
            Editing a comment
            I haven't, but was disappointed to hear that there are no private lobbies on consoles.

• scottvxr
            Editing a comment
            I'm interested in trying the handing of this game only as the graphics are....well something of an acquired taste. Looked at some videos from Xbox community and holy screen tear Batman😂.

Click image for larger version

Name:	wp_ss_20160826_0001.png
Views:	1
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	26248

Comment

• scottvxr
            Editing a comment
            There you have it from the horses mouth before DF trash talk the game on Xbox one. Hopefully they test it on Xbox one S 4K also😏 Devs put in the work and admit if you put the extra work in you get results......which in the future will actually mean less work as everyone adopts DX12 😏.

• BiG Porras
            Editing a comment
            wow...

• BadCeeJay1975
            Editing a comment
            Well that kind of corroborates what we tend to see (less as time goes on) with games running at 900p on the Xbox and 1080p on PS4, it makes it easy to paly the 2:1 power difference card. It's a pity that MS couldn't squeeze a little more ESRAM into the SOC originally so that devs could have got 1080p out of it with the traditional methods they were used to using. Going forward the architecture is more than ready for new coding methods but the damage is already done, the OG Xbox One is seen as inferior. If the Xbox One could have matched PS4 resolution all the way in all third party games then the impression that power advantage that Sony claimed would have been a lot more tricky to hold on to and we might have seen a lot of frustrated gamers asking deeper questions as to why the PS4 wasn't showing its advantage. As it is, the difference between 900 and 1080 on paper is enough even though when you actually use your eyes with what's on screen then its not quite so straight forward,

Anyway back to Assetto! I love a good racing sim so am also looking to see what peoples impressions are for the game. I would love a more simmy game that Forza but that performance has got to be rock solid 60fps for it to pique my interest. We have been well and truly spoiled with the performance of Forza Motorsport on the Xone and anything less now is just not satisfactory, it has set the bar really high. I am not too bothered if the graphics on Assetto are not as good, if the amount of cars is less or if there is different weather or not, number one for me is the smoothness of it. Project Cars didn't cut it but I am holding out a little bit of hope for this game.

• scottvxr
            Editing a comment
            Also notice when the code was first run on PS4 the resolution was forgotten about.......simply a typo or something more sinister!😂

• jon3sy9
            Editing a comment
            assetto corsa is unplayable with a controller. it feels worse than project cars did at launch. definitely a do not buy from me

• scottvxr
            Editing a comment
            I think I'm going to give it a try as it's reasonably priced £39, and I have a TX/playseat and 4K set-up.

• BadCeeJay1975
            Editing a comment
            jon3sy9 thats a bummer, the Forzas play really well on a pad as well :(

And, from what i've read about performance today it doesn't look great there either, terrible in fact. If they had nailed performance then I might have considered buying a wheel but looks like I don't have to worry about it now.

• mistercteam
            Editing a comment
            +12

• xboxing pro
            Editing a comment
            When there's no need to give the PS4 the win in resolution anymore, 1080p will be the norm now.

Xbox One streaming on Windows 10 Mobile video

Comment

http://arstechnica.com/information-t...ocessing-unit/

"At the moment, the HPU operates at no more than 50 percent of its capacity, with plenty of compute cycles still available."

Xbox One was said to release power over time. Now we get confirmation that MS is doing the same on It's Hololens. Further is that custom DSP with stacked ram is the route MS has been using.

Xbox One SOC uses specialized audio DSP's. When it was released the gaming websites pounded in the lie that it was an AMD audio DSP that is used in PC's. Not only is the audio DSP specialized but the XBox One uses custom DSP in other area's of the SOC.

The 'Esram' stack with custom DSP underneath at 28nm isn't just academic, but we see it in practice on HPU in the Hololens. Remember the Hololens was birthed out of the Xbox division!

So do we have proof that MS releases power over time on It's custom chips? Yes.

We can say the custom IP in the Xbox One SOC is DSP in nature to a very high degree now. In the article you'll notice fixed functions with general processing abilities are a part of the DSP's. Things that we've been saying on this site for years about the Xbox One SOC. 200X faster than general processing in this HPU at 10 watts. Crazy boosts that this site was made fun of, MS has revealed on the HPU.

The weaker SOC on the Xbox One? No. Just a different type of SOC. The original marketing of the Xbox One was horrible. The refresh of the Slim and Scorpio is It's redemption.

Comment

• BadCeeJay1975
              Editing a comment
              Interesting post. More proof about the MS SOC strategy although it is very puzzling that they are playing it the way they are.

If we assume that Scorpio is a new much more powerful piece of hardware built in the same way then that also will have unused power that can be unlocked over time? It really begs the question about why they are releasing new much more powerful hardware when there is still plenty to be unlocked in the current consoles, what are the reasons behind this?

• srenia_ia
              Editing a comment
              http://ip.cadence.com/uploads/533/Ca...nsa_LX6_ds-pdf

"Port connections can be up to 1024 wires wide, allowing wide data types to be transferred easily without the need for multiple load/store operations. As many as one million signals (1000 1024-bit-wide ports) can be used. While this number far exceeds the performance demands of real systems today, this clearly demonstrates that the conventional I/O bottlenecks inherent in a system-bus-based solution do not apply to Xtensa processors."

1024bit 'esram'

More proof.

As far as slim and scorpio it is more about perception than pure tech.

• Direct X-Static
              Editing a comment
              It will happen on OG XB1 for sure. Games will not only have parity with PS4, but will surpass it when the true nature of DX12 in Xbox is realized. 1st wave of DX12 games are out and barely touch what the API can do. Beta tested in the future. Marathon, not a sprint.

Megaton.

• slasaru
              Editing a comment
              X-Tatic, meanwhile Deus Ex and several more recent releases are 900p on Xbox

• G-Force
              Editing a comment
              The issue lies in devs are not programming for fixed function units, they are coding the same was they did for old PC's, PC / GPU which is why the ps4 leads in 'resolution' some times.

Why do you think MS have made a big focus now to get major Engine companies onboard with DX12 etc

• Misterx
              Editing a comment
              no developer will use new dsp accelerators anytime soon

dx12 have support for accelerators

does ue4 have it too? dont think so.

;-)

from respected man in industry said 3 years a go

Name:	www_capture2wjk0m.png
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	26262

OF couse it is why MS showed the GFLOPS of Audio block instead the GPU
            because the audio block is use ten silica that also used in other block == X1 sauce ;-)

Comment

This is my Slide several days ago

Comment

And now we are understan why for a gaming console
                MS show flops of the Audio block !!! instead the gpu/cpu .....

HPU hotchip
                ============

Comment

insane
                  and in 1080p 60FPS in MP

Comment

• scottvxr
                    Editing a comment
                    Narly😲

• hasmeh
                    Editing a comment
                    I have been trying not to pre-order games and finish my back catalogue but this makes it very difficult. I think GoW4 is going to be a fantastic game.

• Misterx
                    Editing a comment
                    effects look good...

enviroments....not so much

• David Michael
                    Editing a comment
                    Nice!!!

This is going around GAF....there is speculation it is referring to Neo. IF this is true, it means the Neo will not upscale any older/current games (until the newer games come with a 'Neo' mode):

Comment

• BadCeeJay1975
                    Editing a comment
                    I don't think anyone who has been following things should be surprised by this should they? It's already been well discussed how there is a completely separate deployment project required for PS4 and NEO and also how the NEO has to run PS4 games in a different mode to its native NEO mode. This all pointed to PS4 and NEO being different at a fundamental level. The big question i have is about just how much work is required to rework the PS4 project to be able to deploy to NEO? The game will certainly require a separate certification process but I wonder if Sony are going to shoulder the financial cost of this or just going to leave it upto the devs? Sony have got a really messy thing on their hands here with the new NEO (and any more iterative consoles). I am sure they will just shield it from the public and push the narrative that its a unified eco-system when it couldn't be further from the truth. Meanwhile MS DO have a unified eco-system to the point where there is probably more synergy between Xbox One and PC as there is between PS4 and NEO!

• scottvxr
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes Sony and Microsoft most definitely going in different directions. Microsoft ecosystem has been in the works for many years and is quite obviously the better approach.

Wreckfest - Coming to PS4 and X1.

Demolition derby racer Wreckfest is heading to PS4 and Xbox One in 2017, developer Bugbear Entertainment has announced.

While exact details on the console versions have yet to be announced, fans who pre-order the game via Bugbear's website will be given access to the game's beta on PS4 and Game Preview on Xbox One, with the full game expected to release digitally in spring 2017.

Wreckfest is considered by some as a spiritual successor to Bugbear's previous series FlatOut, and sees players causing carnage in races and demolition derbies. The game first launched on Steam Early Access a few years back.

In addition, Bugbear has also announced a new PC project called Stuntfest described by the developer as "a wacky vehicle-based physics playground that will enable you to create your own mischievous levels using the easy-to-use in-game editor and then trying to accomplish all sorts of crazy ragdoll stunts". A range of vehicles are promised from mobility scooters to shopping trolleys.

The game is scheduled to release in early access this autumn, with pre-orders starting from $15.99.

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/wreckf...e_in_2017.html

Looks goofy and interesting.

Comment

• XBOXONEITALIA
                    Editing a comment
                    This is awesome and blame myselph for dont know about "Bugbear's story" i always think the new flatout 4 is the real,but now that i see this i understand i prefer wait Wrekfest (it's a little bit like what is happen with Dying Light that for me is the real Dead Islands 2)

New Disappointment Discovered - No Mans Sky:

I watched this video a few days back and it is quite well made and really showcases why many think that Sean Murray is Peter Molyneux 2.0.

Well worth watching.

Comment

Game of Throne composer working on Gears of War 4:

Audio is a huge component for establishing a mood or tone in games. For its upcoming Gears of War 4, Microsoft and The Coalition enlisted a composer who has worked on some memorable soundtracks over the years, perhaps most notably on HBO's series Game of Thrones.

According to The Associated Press, Ramin Djawadi wanted the soundtrack to remain faithful to what the series has done in the past, while incorporating some of the unusual instrumentation that he's become known for in his work in film and television. Djawadi has composed soundtracks for a variety of high-profile projects over the years, including the recent Warcraft movie, Pacific Rim, Iron Man, and the upcoming HBO series Westworld.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...-of-war-4.aspx

I have enjoyed Ramin's work for quite some years and my all time favourite has to be the soundtrack for Prison Break which is one of my favourite shows.

Here is Pacific Rim just to get us in the mood.

Comment

• BiG Porras
                      Editing a comment
                      Winter is coming...

It is interesting with Zen material surfaces
                    it is clearly X1 has CPU block that not Jag

because no matter from several prespective jag never has 6 issue/cycle or even 6 uop/cycle

Jag is 4 issue/cycle

X1 is 6 ops/cycle if we assume this issue per cycle then it is not Jag

Comment

Now from uOp prespective
                      jag is not 6 uOp it is only up to 4 uOp
                      ==============================

ZEN

recent AMD document reveal !!! Jaguar is not !!!! 6 uOP/cycle

No wonder X1 categorized as High performance APU !!

Comment

• Direct X-Static
                        Editing a comment
                        The beta is being tested now, and the future is almost upon us! Now it's time for the devs to showcase what console specific coding can do for XB1 and prove just how capable the XB1 actually is! Keep digging, Mr.C!!!

I SEE THIS IN MY X1 IN THIS MOMENT... O_o

(my xbox haven't preview dashboard)

Name:	WP_20160827_15_46_24_Pro_LI.jpg
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	26285

Name:	WP_20160827_15_46_34_Pro_LI.jpg
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	26286

Name:	WP_20160827_15_45_59_Pro_LI.jpg
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	26287

Comment

• mistercteam
                        Editing a comment
                        ? The UWP games ? or what ?
                        can you be more specific

• docLEXfisti
                        Editing a comment
                        hahahaha, seems like a joke or test-app name

Now the final Slide from Zen
                      THE 6 Ops/cycle (6 uOp/Cycle) now we know why X1 is HPAPU
                      Jag is only 4 uOp/cycle

Comment

• Direct X-Static
                        Editing a comment
                        +12

• Hammtweezy2192
                        Editing a comment
                        Is this you saying that ZEN apu is Xbox One? That's what I'm taking from what your saying.

• mistercteam
                        Editing a comment
                        it is means, X1 has same uArch feat as Zen,
                        Zen could be an improvement from X1
                        but it should be noted that certainly means the X1 CPU is not Jag
                        there is other CPU that is not Jag on X1

i repeat i am not saying There is Zen on X1, but it has same uArch feat as Zen !!!
                        but X1 has same 6 ops/cycle and it is proven what i said long ago !!!
                        as Jag is just 4 ops/cycle

• Hammtweezy2192
                        Editing a comment
                        Okay got it. Jag is maxed out at 4 ops/cycle, but it's proven fact the X1 does 6 which is inn Line with Zen tech. Very cool. Maybe starting to dip into this tech finally with games like Forza Horizon and Gears 4.

• Direct X-Static
                        Editing a comment
                        Right, Hamm. Mr. C has shown many ways in which the XB1 is highly customized vs. off the shelf parts. The best evidence? We keep seeing more of the XB1 architecture filtering into the PC GPUs releasing post-Xbox One. To me, this indicates that the XB1 was a prototype for advancing the efficiency of GPUs in general, as the latest cards are still not doing everything that the XB1 appears to be capable of, architecturally speaking. Also, it lends credence to the theory that programmers need to build new engines specifically to take advantage of all of the unique ways the XB1 can increase efficiency.

Because of this, I still believe that the XB1 will become a better performing machine than the PS4. PS4 is conventional hardware that works best with outdated engines, and Sony admitted that the potential of the system is close to maxed out. XB1 hasn't seen a game which even uses all of the features of the hardware yet, and that includes this years DX12 releases. MS insisted that this gen is a marathon, not a sprint, and I still believe them in spite of Scorpio coming next year.

• Hammtweezy2192
                        Editing a comment
                        I think Scorpio is going to architectually built like X1, but upgraded in several ways with higher power components or memory. Same concept though I think which will also help keep costs in check since they spent so much on R&D for efficient X1 design.

1st forza6 X1S 4K upscale direct capture
                      amazing it even reduce the aliasing

Comment

• scottvxr
                        Editing a comment
                        Looks amazing misterc😏

and from the tester
                      "The upscaled version of Forza 6 , truly shines on Xbox One S, phenomenal"

4K Forza6 Upscale X1S

Comment

X1S 4K ROTR upscale offscreen

Comment

• Hammtweezy2192
                        Editing a comment
                        I still need to get this. I've been waiting for it to show up on gold.
                    Working...
                    X