No announcement yet.

Main Thread & News Stream [270]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two different Chips? Two different devices? Or maybe something changed?

Click image for larger version

Name:	wp_ss_20170405_0002 (2).png
Views:	1
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	30860
    Click image for larger version

Name:	wp_ss_20170405_0001 (2).png
Views:	1
Size:	685.9 KB
ID:	30861

Comment

• BiG Porras
      BiG Porras commented
      Editing a comment
      mmmmm... O_o

EDIT: one may be just a render?
      Last edited by BiG Porras; 04-05-2017, 09:42 AM. Reason: aDD INFO

• mozzie
      mozzie commented
      Editing a comment
      didn't phil confirm that the renders shown in the scorpio reveal at E3 2016 was the real deal, how the mainboard of the console actually looks like?

• G-Force
      G-Force commented
      Editing a comment
      the newer one looks like the real chip, the earlier one was just a render I think you will find.

• OrionWolf
      OrionWolf commented
      Editing a comment
      What happens if this thing is based on Vega+Zen? In short = Scorpio TF are not equal to pro TF (much like AMD TF not being equal to Nvidia TF) - not talking about the FP16, as that would make it even more tragic for the pro lol

• Direct X-Static
      Direct X-Static commented
      Editing a comment
      Orion, the Pro can run in half float already. So can XB1 according to the XDK... if I'm remembering right. Am I missing your point?

I am betting on it being Zen/Vega though, which will be EPIC.

• OrionWolf
      OrionWolf commented
      Editing a comment
      Direct X-Static NCU (Vega) is the biggest change since AMD introduced GCN. A long held notion was that you can’t compare TFlops between AMD and Nvidia as even at higher TF numbers AMDs GPUs were almost always performing worse than Nvidia GPUs because the difference in arch.

From everything that has been stated about arch changes from Polaris to Vega (+ Zen) I would argue that even the TF numbers on AMD GPUs can’t be compared anymore as 4TF Vega is more than 4TF Polaris.That’s also due to what the new GPUs were designed to do, well if what has been stated is true that is (talking about AMD here).

So imagine Scorpio (6TF Vega+Zen) vs PS4 Pro (4TF Polaris+Jag) than.

Btw about FP16, I didn’t want people to think that I was refereeing to half precision when talking about the TF difference - and considering how much AMD is hyping Vega there could have been changes to FP16 as well. So yeah.
      Last edited by OrionWolf; 04-05-2017, 10:12 PM.

• Hi Guys, long time lurker and very excited about scorpio. But also to see leaks being validated (jez about the unveil tomorrow) might be a sign of more leaks and research to be validated ;)

Anyway just wanted to drop in my two cents about the name of scorpio: Xbox O2 (oh 2)
    -Xbox O2 S,
    -Xbox O2 Pro,
    -Xbox O3,
    -Xbox O4 etc.

Officially the "O" will still stand for "One" but won't be said anymore.
    -short
    -fast and easy to pronounce
    -sort of follows the naming convention of samsung galaxy S(x). The market its trying to follow with xbox.
    -Does not "hard" break the current naming conventions for current xbox one models.
    -if people misstake the O for a zero there is still no harm done, the number still tells the right model.
    - awesome opportunity to use "02" as marketing slogan. "Breathe in the next generation of games in 4k" :)

Comment

• mozzie
      mozzie commented
      Editing a comment
      no offence but i like Xbox One X way better! This way they'd have to change the name of the already launched and known Xbox One S to Xbox O2 S? This will just create more confusion. Xbox One Family, Xbox One, S, X.
      I finally got the "full circle" comment used by some. The Abbreviations would look like this: Xbox One= XBO, Xbox One S=XBOS, Xbox One X=XBOX as in THE XBOX, the monster!

• xikix
      xikix commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Mozzie, no offence taken of course, we are all just brainstorming out loud :)
      I meant that Xbox One and Xbox One S keep the name and then continue on with scorpio as Xbox O2 (full name: xbox one 2 but will never be used in marketing because one two sounds strange) and slim edition of scorpio as Xbox O2S (full name xbox one 2 slim).

I like that idea of Xbox One X = XBOX aswell. then it's full circle indeed. However what should the next iteration be called afterwards? If they are really going to follow the mobile market then we will be getting new xboxes pretty regularly
      Last edited by xikix; 04-05-2017, 11:12 AM.

• QuazL
      QuazL commented
      Editing a comment
      I think it will follow the 360 naming

Xbox One E.

• Comment

• What about a name choice of:

Xbox One Zen

I like it!

Comment

• OrionWolf
        OrionWolf commented
        Editing a comment
        Interesting idea and quite the homage to AMD if used, but it makes the whole name (xbox one zen) a bit too long and confusing for the average consumer.

• DutchRogers
        DutchRogers commented
        Editing a comment
        I see your point, and agree, but also that almost goes for any of them:

Xbox One X (shortest, but that gives the confusion of X and S which in English sounds nearly identical if a parent is translating what their kid told them they wanted, etc.)
        Xbox One Pro (PS4 Pro :|
        Xbox One Infinity (even longer)

Decisions decisions...

Why not just keep it Xbox One Scorpio....that may be best solution, but that never happens where they use the original it seems.

Probably won't hear name until e3 unless it leaks...or has already leaked, we just don't know which it is yet.

• OrionWolf
        OrionWolf commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, the X one would be a interesting choice as it would be eliminate (hopefully) the "xbone" moniker as it would be just XBOX or X for short, but it could/would cause confusion between it and the S. The pro is a no go because of the ps4 pro, and infinity ... not too bad imo, but yeah a bit confusing. I was thinking about the X as a shortening of eXtream. We would have the OG, Slim and the eXtream (i would hope even the average consumer would figure out what that implies) - you could call it "the X" as in "did you get the X or the slim" ... but yeah, so many possibilities, so many good names.

In regards to the Scorpio, yeah but, that's probably not making the cut as any and all code names (durango).

• Tweet from Shinobi everyone wanted to hear

Comment

• Misterx
        Misterx commented
        Editing a comment
        ok...hype train got me..be getting 4ktv and Scorpio at the end of the year. 4k is really great to see.

• DutchRogers
        DutchRogers commented
        Editing a comment
        MrX: Here is the tweet:

"Phew, really excited to read up in detail on the Scorpio tomorrow. With what I'm hearing, I'll certainly be getting multiplats on it."

followed by this:

"Well, its made to benefit XB1 level games. Sounds like it'll run most games at native 4K no problem w/ room to spare for other visual improv"

Looks like the DF leaks have begun, Ponies in panic mode.

• Direct X-Static
        Direct X-Static commented
        Editing a comment
        True 4K confirmed!

• Comment

• new thread gents http://misterxmedia.com/forum/gaming...pio-reveal-271

Comment

Working...
      X