• Main Thread & News Stream. Xbox Scorpio reveal [271]

Something will happen soon...

Josh Stein‏Verified account @steinekin
    Following

More
    Replying to @crackdown
    Cloud Powered KABOOM!

Comment

I would like to know what benefit Skorpio will bring to gamers who cant afford 4k tv cost...im ok with my 1080p tv but i want skorpio at all!!...i know the games will runs better but how much better??its a waste of money without a 4k hdr tv?

Comment

• Fullydx12
        Fullydx12 commented
        Editing a comment
        because if Mrc and other guy are right my Xbox one could be enough with a 1080p tv

• Joddington
        Joddington commented
        Editing a comment
        Well not all X1 games are 1080p still so my assumption is Scorpio will bump any game it is able to up to 1080p and maintain a total rock steady frame rate while doing so.

• Misterx
        Misterx commented
        Editing a comment
        yes, you are right..but 4k will get you a additional benefit i want to experience. Its like your TV will have no glass in 4k and image will became a real live world you will think you would touch.

• Joddington
        Joddington commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah 4k is the ideal place to be, but cost is important - I've got two Scorpios and two 4k TV's to acquire - depending on cost is whether I can get all 4 items (and my wife's tv is the oldest so she gets first call on a new one).

• G-Force
        G-Force commented
        Editing a comment
        If it still renders in 4K and down scales to 1080p, it will still look a lot better than a game done in 1080p, because it will still get rid of the jaggies, like what a high level of MSAA does, not to mention still using better textures etc

• Direct X-Static
        Direct X-Static commented
        Editing a comment
        Phil has talked about HQ 1080p modes from Scorpio as well.

• Fullydx12
        Fullydx12 commented
        Editing a comment
        thx guys..i think ill start with Skorpio and than i ll upgrade my tv ;)

• mistercteam
        mistercteam commented
        Editing a comment
        X1S will be 1080p upto 60FPS , newer games as utilized SM 6.0 will better hit that ttrget like GeOW4, FH3 etc
        but
        for true 4K and improved asset etc better postpro , then X1 X (i called it) is needed

• Fullydx12
        Fullydx12 commented
        Editing a comment
        Mister c you mean x1/s or just X1s

Refresh 😎

Comment

shinobi602‏ @shinobi602
        Phew, really excited to read up in detail on the Scorpio tomorrow. With what I'm hearing, I'll certainly be getting multiplats on it.

https://twitter.com/shinobi602/statu...99520187060224

Yayyyyyyyyy new thread.

:)

Comment

9am tomorrow for me :) US Eastern OMG OMG OMG

Comment

• angryguy77
            angryguy77 commented
            Editing a comment
            For once, I wish MS would hold off until later in the day. I'll be driving at that time and won't be able to see it as it happens.

• DutchRogers
            DutchRogers commented
            Editing a comment
            I'll be at work :\ Obviously not focusing on work while I read the article :P Pull over if you have to Angry!!!

• mistercteam
            mistercteam commented
            Editing a comment
            is it streamed ? or not

Found the new theme song for the drones....
          Actually, I would die if Phil tweeted this to Sony.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	wp_ss_20170405_0005 (2).png
Views:	1
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	30901
            Nice touch😎
            Click image for larger version

Name:	wp_ss_20170405_0004 (2).png
Views:	1
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	30899

Last edited by scottvxr; 04-05-2017, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Here is a point I made on twitter (obvious point but important nonetheless): Dynamic Resolution will still benefit 4k image. If game is built with Dynamic Resolution in mind, Xbox games for either Scorpio or Xbox One can remain locked at 60 or 30fps and resolution only thing impacted. So when action gets intense maybe game drops from native 4k to something a little lower but not very noticeable (or unnoticeable due to frantic action). same with Xbox One, it could drop from 1080p down but then returns to 1080p. FPS issues may be a thing of the past with Dynamic Resolution. Also heard there is a new feature/tech that further helps FPS, so tomorrow is going to be OFF THE CHAIN!!! Only tech novice but this seems logical based on what we know so far...

Comment

• David Michael
                David Michael commented
                Editing a comment
                Also Interesting on twitter how Shinobi602 stated how BC 360 games will be effected as well :) We have talked much of this since Insider brought up FC.........OFF THE CHAIN

• Direct X-Static
                Editing a comment
                Native 4K 360 games??? Never thought of that!

• FearL0rd
                FearL0rd commented
                Editing a comment
                4K 360 upscaled ONE/S already does it. I doubt it is going to be native

• BadCeeJay1975
                BadCeeJay1975 commented
                Editing a comment
                David Michael I don't think they can get 360 games to native 4K with how they are doing the emulation. Shinobi wasn't specific about res though was he? He did say that it would improve BC360 games though. That will be more to do with adding lots of post processing effects such as anti aliasing to clean up and improve the iq vastly over the original.

• Direct X-Static
                Editing a comment
                Wouldn't they just change the frame buffer? Like they are doing with Phantom Dust... It always sounds simple on paper, but maybe it's harder to do than I imagine?

Also, does the emulator itself have the ability to modify the frame buffer? That would simplify achieving Native 4K BC tremendously. Again, I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to this stuff.

Scorpio:

A lot of hype. It will hit the 4k 60 fps. HBM memory will continue in the Xbox One family. (Esram already is a type of HBM).

One of the rumors about Ryzen is the DDR memory being tied into the fabric. ;-). The faster memory you have the better performance beyond what is expected. The new Vega GPU is also is tied to this fabric. The 320 GB/s isn't telling the whole story in the memory hierarchy. Already, in the Xbox One, the L1 cache is at 5.8 TB/s. Expand the internal memory bandwidth ability as the slides in Vega show and you start to get a picture.

MS and HP have been working on the memory driven, not transistor driven, computer. It has shown a huge performance boost. Putting memory on the same plane as the HPU, CPU, GPU, DSP, ISP and other ASIC/FCPA processors is a revolutionary. Even 1 TB/s is still a bottleneck in the modern SOC processors.

This is not accounting for whatever MS hardware IP is also being included. MS has hundreds of chip designers that have made the HPU, Kinect and tech being used in the Xbox One. AMD is not making these consoles SOC's solely. The Scorpio, like the rest of the XBox One family, is semi custom hardware and software. Not off the shelf parts.

Exciting times for 4k gaming on the way.

Comment

• BadCeeJay1975
                BadCeeJay1975 commented
                Editing a comment
                Also add to that the Xbox had it's hardware design moved into the Surface team. These guys have imo been coming up with some of the most innovative and high quality computer products over the last few years and I can't wait to see what they have created.

BadCeeJay1975 - yup...Saying and hoping absolutely nothing about resolution. Where I get excited is new textures ;) might sound crazy (I get that) but I have an emulator on my phone that does this for old games so why not do it for 360 games? I don't think it will happen due to how current the 360 emulator is but I'm definitely excited and curious about what is being referred to

Comment

Working...
              X