• Main Thread & News Stream. Xbox Scorpio reveal [271]

Something will happen soon...

Josh Stein‏Verified account @steinekin
    Following

More
    Replying to @crackdown
    Cloud Powered KABOOM!

Comment

I would like to know what benefit Skorpio will bring to gamers who cant afford 4k tv cost...im ok with my 1080p tv but i want skorpio at all!!...i know the games will runs better but how much better??its a waste of money without a 4k hdr tv?

Comment

• Fullydx12
        Editing a comment
        because if Mrc and other guy are right my Xbox one could be enough with a 1080p tv

• Joddington
        Editing a comment
        Well not all X1 games are 1080p still so my assumption is Scorpio will bump any game it is able to up to 1080p and maintain a total rock steady frame rate while doing so.

• Misterx
        Editing a comment
        yes, you are right..but 4k will get you a additional benefit i want to experience. Its like your TV will have no glass in 4k and image will became a real live world you will think you would touch.

• Joddington
        Editing a comment
        Yeah 4k is the ideal place to be, but cost is important - I've got two Scorpios and two 4k TV's to acquire - depending on cost is whether I can get all 4 items (and my wife's tv is the oldest so she gets first call on a new one).

• G-Force
        Editing a comment
        If it still renders in 4K and down scales to 1080p, it will still look a lot better than a game done in 1080p, because it will still get rid of the jaggies, like what a high level of MSAA does, not to mention still using better textures etc

• Direct X-Static
        Editing a comment
        Phil has talked about HQ 1080p modes from Scorpio as well.

• Fullydx12
        Editing a comment
        thx guys..i think ill start with Skorpio and than i ll upgrade my tv ;)

• mistercteam
        Editing a comment
        X1S will be 1080p upto 60FPS , newer games as utilized SM 6.0 will better hit that ttrget like GeOW4, FH3 etc
        but
        for true 4K and improved asset etc better postpro , then X1 X (i called it) is needed

• Fullydx12
        Editing a comment
        Mister c you mean x1/s or just X1s

Refresh 😎

Comment

shinobi602‏ @shinobi602
        Phew, really excited to read up in detail on the Scorpio tomorrow. With what I'm hearing, I'll certainly be getting multiplats on it.

https://twitter.com/shinobi602/statu...99520187060224

Yayyyyyyyyy new thread.

:)

Comment

9am tomorrow for me :) US Eastern OMG OMG OMG

Comment

• angryguy77
            Editing a comment
            For once, I wish MS would hold off until later in the day. I'll be driving at that time and won't be able to see it as it happens.

• DutchRogers
            Editing a comment
            I'll be at work :\ Obviously not focusing on work while I read the article :P Pull over if you have to Angry!!!

• mistercteam
            Editing a comment
            is it streamed ? or not

Found the new theme song for the drones....
          Actually, I would die if Phil tweeted this to Sony.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	wp_ss_20170405_0005 (2).png
Views:	1
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	30901
            Nice touch😎
            Click image for larger version

Name:	wp_ss_20170405_0004 (2).png
Views:	1
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	30899

Last edited by scottvxr; 04-05-2017, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Here is a point I made on twitter (obvious point but important nonetheless): Dynamic Resolution will still benefit 4k image. If game is built with Dynamic Resolution in mind, Xbox games for either Scorpio or Xbox One can remain locked at 60 or 30fps and resolution only thing impacted. So when action gets intense maybe game drops from native 4k to something a little lower but not very noticeable (or unnoticeable due to frantic action). same with Xbox One, it could drop from 1080p down but then returns to 1080p. FPS issues may be a thing of the past with Dynamic Resolution. Also heard there is a new feature/tech that further helps FPS, so tomorrow is going to be OFF THE CHAIN!!! Only tech novice but this seems logical based on what we know so far...

Comment

• David Michael
                Editing a comment
                Also Interesting on twitter how Shinobi602 stated how BC 360 games will be effected as well :) We have talked much of this since Insider brought up FC.........OFF THE CHAIN

• Direct X-Static
                Editing a comment
                Native 4K 360 games??? Never thought of that!

• FearL0rd
                Editing a comment
                4K 360 upscaled ONE/S already does it. I doubt it is going to be native

• BadCeeJay1975
                Editing a comment
                David Michael I don't think they can get 360 games to native 4K with how they are doing the emulation. Shinobi wasn't specific about res though was he? He did say that it would improve BC360 games though. That will be more to do with adding lots of post processing effects such as anti aliasing to clean up and improve the iq vastly over the original.

• Direct X-Static
                Editing a comment
                Wouldn't they just change the frame buffer? Like they are doing with Phantom Dust... It always sounds simple on paper, but maybe it's harder to do than I imagine?

Also, does the emulator itself have the ability to modify the frame buffer? That would simplify achieving Native 4K BC tremendously. Again, I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to this stuff.

Scorpio:

A lot of hype. It will hit the 4k 60 fps. HBM memory will continue in the Xbox One family. (Esram already is a type of HBM).

One of the rumors about Ryzen is the DDR memory being tied into the fabric. ;-). The faster memory you have the better performance beyond what is expected. The new Vega GPU is also is tied to this fabric. The 320 GB/s isn't telling the whole story in the memory hierarchy. Already, in the Xbox One, the L1 cache is at 5.8 TB/s. Expand the internal memory bandwidth ability as the slides in Vega show and you start to get a picture.

MS and HP have been working on the memory driven, not transistor driven, computer. It has shown a huge performance boost. Putting memory on the same plane as the HPU, CPU, GPU, DSP, ISP and other ASIC/FCPA processors is a revolutionary. Even 1 TB/s is still a bottleneck in the modern SOC processors.

This is not accounting for whatever MS hardware IP is also being included. MS has hundreds of chip designers that have made the HPU, Kinect and tech being used in the Xbox One. AMD is not making these consoles SOC's solely. The Scorpio, like the rest of the XBox One family, is semi custom hardware and software. Not off the shelf parts.

Exciting times for 4k gaming on the way.

Comment

• BadCeeJay1975
                Editing a comment
                Also add to that the Xbox had it's hardware design moved into the Surface team. These guys have imo been coming up with some of the most innovative and high quality computer products over the last few years and I can't wait to see what they have created.

BadCeeJay1975 - yup...Saying and hoping absolutely nothing about resolution. Where I get excited is new textures ;) might sound crazy (I get that) but I have an emulator on my phone that does this for old games so why not do it for 360 games? I don't think it will happen due to how current the 360 emulator is but I'm definitely excited and curious about what is being referred to

Comment

New thread for a new generation. This is what we've been waiting for lads. This is the reveal that will crush Sony and pave the way for Xbox to dominate the games market.

Please Microsoft, don't be gentle.

Comment

anyone now if digtal foundrys reveal will be live stremed and if so where? i checked eurogamer nothing on there site about it.

Comment

as happy as i am for scorpio and for al us xbox one fans lets not let it get to our heads, in 2 years ps5 will come and will be more powerfull then ms will come back etc...
                    lets just be happy we have a super console coming in scorpio and lets hope we get tons of games and new features, lets not throw this in sony fans face.

Comment

• CC-Tron
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah right.

• angryguy77
                      Editing a comment
                      Ha! No way, I'm going to have a lot of fun on ign come tomorrow. We've took it up.the rear from those clowns for years. The high road has long been demolished......

• kolanji
                      Editing a comment
                      No man this is redemption time...i need all the salt i can afford to run deep inside all those open wounds the ponies will have opened up when scorpio attacks

Can't wait

Comment

Happy birthday 🎂 QB.....1 year in and the game was fab 👍

Comment

• sonofrome2k14
                        Editing a comment
                        +1

I agree... for me Quantum Break was a great game, i know all people dont think like me but for my part i really appreciated this game and i hope there will be a QB2

i really loved Ryse too and i would like a Ryse2

Game on!

• angryguy77
                        Editing a comment
                        Great game
                        It's a pity it was so underrated.

• Direct X-Static
                        Editing a comment
                        Assume the cake position! The cake is a lie...

but Quantum Break was delicious!

So no live streamed ? or video ?

Comment

• DutchRogers
                        Editing a comment
                        Two articles and at least one video (I believe) from youtube (strong) rumor.

• mistercteam
                        Editing a comment
                        thnx Dutch

Ditto sono.kudos pal👍

Comment

In phil we.trust........I think
                        The founder of Xbox Seamus Blackley said in an interview, that he holds Scalebound close to his heart and was disappointed to hear about its cancellation.

Comment

Here's some more from segmentnext.com:

Amazon Project Scorpio pre-order page:
                          http://segmentnext.com/2017/04/05/pr...listed-amazon/

and

Witcher 3 might get a 4K update:
                          http://segmentnext.com/2017/04/05/th...x-one-scorpio/

For Witcher 3, it might be due to change resilience, because it uses a dynamically scaling engine, not because the dev is putting in additional effort. Adding 4K PC assets is also not a big deal because they already exist and only need to be linked to a Scorpio install. The pro fans are already salty about this, though, haha.

Comment

Some big ass update in Alpha this morning.....between 90% and 100% took ages 😎

Comment

Another let down by MS or some fruits today finaly?

What they will hide for E3?

Comment

• scottvxr
                                Editing a comment
                                Expect disappointment then everything else is a bonus😎

• veraces
                                Editing a comment
                                No disappointment is possible here. 6TF vega GPU, 12GB and increased mem bandwidth are already enough. CPU Zen is a bonus custom Jag is still good enough.

Easy to detect, if no zen just watch the trolls try to focus attention on that rather than the positives of the box as they have no where left to run (saved you the bother of posting now @Slasaru)

• G-Force
                                Editing a comment
                                The CPU in Xbox one may have been based off of jaguar but it was NOT a jaguar CPU, XB1 has 30GB/s bandwidth compared to PS4's 10GB/s bandwidth, so any news that the scorpio is not 'zen' is going to be obvious, because MS would have customised it the same they did with the XB1 CPU.

• Joddington
                                Editing a comment
                                My only worry is not enough information is given so the naysayers can start their smear campaign.

• mistercteam
                                Editing a comment
                                it is some sort of 50% spec ;-)
                                just like usual

but this 50% already > than PS4pro
                                they will only give idea that other enchancement in the bg

for people understand the other undocumented block will be need flops, or compute power
                                this wont be revealed other than like interpolation block, postpro block etc basically something like that

at E3 they will show no one left behind ---> X1/S

• Misterx
                                Editing a comment
                                MrC

if MS will hold something for X1/S till E3 many people will pay for Scorpio and 4k TVs already and if they will tell Xbox One could do the same but 1080p many will fill bad because they could live with 1080p for some time more if they would know that Xbox One will be same as Scorpio but in 1080p...

So i expect nothing good MS will say for X1/S today and at E3.

• Joddington
                                Editing a comment
                                I expect at least one other Scorpio information reveal between today and E3; they need to keep the drip feed of information going to keep the media going.

• mistercteam
                                Editing a comment
                                at mrx you misunderstood
                                it means X1s for 1080p
                                X1 x or pro for 4K

1080p 60 FPS FOrza 7 will looks impressive on X1S

• FearL0rd
                                Editing a comment
                                E3 will show the games in 4K

It's easy to get caught up in the hype and while I don't want to sound negative, we would do well to make sure we keep things realistic. This way the reveal will be enjoyable, which it should be. In fact it should be awesome. We are getting a new more powerful console and that is a good thing, so enjoy the hype but don't go overboard in your expectations. Some things to remember:
                              Don't expect MS to reveal a lot of deep or hidden info on the system. They don't do that, especially at these type of things.
                              Don't expect a console that is affordable to be the most powerful computer ever created. It will be great for the price but don't expect a $10,000 gaming rig.
                              Don't expect media bias and gamer opinion to change like a light switch. If it is the console we think it will be, it will be liked but it will take time to win back popular opinion.
                              Don't believe that everything they show right now is all they will ever have to show us. In other words they will hold surprises and info for later so if something is missing, don't feel all hope is lost.
                              Don't think that MS will somehow suddenly be the perfect company again, they will make mistakes and there will be some people's desires that go unfulfilled.
                              Don't expect MS to suddenly change the way they do things such as expecting them to be ruthless or go on the attack.
                              Realize that some people will never like something so don't let them ruin your enjoyment of a new console...I mean come on, it's a new powerful Xbox console, enjoy it!!! Game ON

Comment

• Misterx
                                Editing a comment
                                yeah Xbox head...

hope Phil kicked some MBA asses(that are really dumb) at Xbox PR meetings and pushed things core gamers really love.

But today will be nothing we expect and want. Its just will be just better than ordinar day when nothing happens.

• G-Force
                                Editing a comment
                                If they have gone for massive power as well as the Surface team in design, I'm freaking excited what is going to be shown, however i'm not expecting photos

Tom Warren‏Verified account @tomwarren
                              Tom Warren Retweeted Tom Warren

I'm sure we'll get to see what Project Scorpio actually looks like really soon though :)

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/849917759253360641

other tip from him

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/849916569492885505
                              Last edited by paulo moreira; 04-06-2017, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Tom Warren‏Verified account @tomwarren
                                Following

More
                                Reminder: Panos took over Xbox design 2 years ago, Phil took over Xbox 3 years ago. Project Scorpio is a true new Xbox

Comment

Working...
                                X