First half 2018
    3.85%
    Second half 2018
    1.92%
    Don't know yet
    7.69%
    No plans to buy
    1.92%

A controversy centered around the owner of NeoGAF has apparently prompted moderators to abandon their posts at the popular gaming forum.

Comment

• luizcont
      Editing a comment

• Badkolo
      Editing a comment
      the story is now even on n4g, i hope neogaf burns tot he ground, i hate every mod there

• scottvxr
      Editing a comment
      I predict a influx of new members here🤣

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n35255[/ATTACH]
      Attached Files

• mistercteam
      Editing a comment
      +12

• hasmeh
      Editing a comment
      Oh Boy, this is going to be interesting.

• hasmeh
      Editing a comment
      Some interesting tidbits regarding NeoGAF:

1. Some collection of comments by EvilLore.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n35261[/ATTACH]

2. Previous grope.
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]n35262[/ATTACH]

3. Colin Moriarty venting his thoughts:
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]n35263[/ATTACH]

4. Mike Ybarra
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]n35264[/ATTACH]

5. GAF members requesting ban

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n35266[/ATTACH]

Attached Files

• scottvxr
      Editing a comment
      Burn baby burn 🤣

• CC-Tron
      Editing a comment
      Burn to ashes.

• mistercteam
      Editing a comment
      +12 ... as wish

• Segatasan's Bro
      Editing a comment
      It needed to burn a long time ago....Where are my marshmellows?

• Joddington
      Editing a comment
      But where will the gaming media get all their news exclusives from now? They might have to some proper journalism.

Glad to see the gaf has gone; a step in ridding the gaming world of its hate filled parasites.

First 🤣

The gaming world seems a brighter place today 😎
    Last edited by scottvxr; 10-22-2017, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Some threads before it was shuted down @NeoGaf:

PCGAF and FGC-GAF will be missed. See ya bros. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1452014 …

What does a pedophile, a sexual abuser, and a bunch of douchebags have in common? http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1452005 …

What the hell happened? http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1452026 …

FIRST THREAD. F*** EVILORE! http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1452050

In all seriousness...Can someone explain what the hell is happening here at Gaf?
      http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1452062 …

Where to now? Discord?

Get out here, you coward

I kinda liked this place

Where is your statement, Evilore?

Will you actually play your games if gaf goes down?

Fuck this place. Permaban me.
      http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1451679 …

(Ban Request)

I'm done with NeoGaf and you should be too
      http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1451524 …
      Click image for larger version

Name:	DMsNdQtX4AUqqIY.jpg:large.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	35302

Name:	DMsmuKhXUAAYDxw.jpg:large.jpeg
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	35303

Source https://twitter.com/NeoGAFNewThread

Comment

How it all started - from a FB post

Name:	Mq83KUL.jpg
Size:	165.8 KB
ID:	35305

Name:	Z4kJM5J.jpg
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	35306

more
        http://www.rollingstone.com/glixel/n...-owner-w509871

Name:	DMtD5wRW4AAW6bY.jpg
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	35307

Evilore (NeoGAF) Sexually Assaults Woman in 2012
        https://imgur.com/a/eBPYm

Comment

As the earth and her solar system hurl past the ecliptic, and into the age of Aquarius, I can't help think maybe those that spoke of an awakening, maybe knew something. Because today, justice is shining a little brighter. And there's hope for tomorrow.

Comment

• scottvxr
            Editing a comment
            +12 Code😎

Long Time Coming?

Popular gaming forum NeoGaf is offline following allegations of sexual assault against site owner Tyler "Evilore" Malka. The site currently lists an error and a note that it is down for site maintenance. Many of the site's moderators left the site in protest following the current allegations.

Glixel has reached out to Malka for comment but has not received a reply at this time.

Saturday night someone posted screen captures on NeoGaf of a Facebook post that detailed an incident in which a woman said that a man she was friends with had shocked her by getting into the shower with her completely naked. After friends asked her to name the man, she told them to "Google Evilore."

In the wake of the post, members started protesting Evilore on NeoGaf and many of the moderators quit. The site was taken offline shortly after the protests started. It has been going on and offline over the past 12 hours.

This isn't the first time Malka has faced allegations of sexual assault. In 2012, Malka wrote about a trip to Spain in which he grabbed a woman after buying her a drink.

"I laughed because drinks here were all of two Euros," he wrote at the time, as shown in a screen cap, "but consented and then grabbed her ass hard to show that I wasn't being taken advantage of, and she thought better of treating me as a mark and left without taking her drinks."

Neogaf started in 2004 as a spin-off of the forums located on gaming site Gaming-Age, which was the original Gaf. Over time, it became home to a wide-variety of gaming discussions which often included participants who were game developers and journalists.

This story is developing

RollingStone

Waiting to hear the other side of this story BUT not looking good right now. :/
          Last edited by Smash_mouth; 11-21-2017, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Leaked ... Maybe

Comment

All that the neogaf meltdown will cause is for more PS4 fanboys to go to N4G, and that will be the next website to melt down. It is already happening where new users there are downplaying everything XBOX. just over two weeks and my one X will be here :)

Comment

Name:	tac-pro-one.jpg
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	35314

Comment

• Joddington
                  Editing a comment
                  As far as i am concerned anyone using one of these on a console fps is cheating.

• scottvxr
                  Editing a comment
                  Definitely a grey area 😐

• kssxs
                  Editing a comment
                  Joddington I would agree IF the lobbies weren't divided, which, according to Mike Ybarra, won't be the case. Just like how they do it in GoW 4, you play in lobbies where the various methods of input are acceptable to you.

Basically, if you go into a KB/M lobby with a controller, you're consenting to the sh*t-kicking you're going to get, and have no room to complain. Play in the right lobby next time ;) .

• QuazL
                  Editing a comment
                  kssxs This right here. Having a KB/M is great for Xbox. Spencer is truly trying to make a box that PC uesrs will consider in the future.

The biggest question is this now:

Can or will Microsoft allow a steam client on the Xbox?

• kssxs
                  Editing a comment
                  QuazL If they allow a steam client on Xbox, it's over for PoS. Wouldn't that be epic (although bad, because competition between companies is good for the end consumer, regardless).

As of writing this post, my Xbox One X is...

Name:	Capture.JPG
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	35319

away... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :cool:

Comment

The old vid was taken down so it was probably official. A new copy was just posted

Comment

Rough few days for Sony Defence Force:

1. Cup head reviews and sells well.
                    2. Forza gets stellar reviews.
                    3. Naughty dog accused of haarassment.
                    4. Shadow of War Digital foundry shows huge advantages on X1X.
                    5. Another accusation against Naughty Dog developer.
                    6. GT Sports reviews okayish. Meta of 76. SDF can't believe it.
                    7. Neogaf.com goes up in flames. Karma!

Those of us who have been at misterxmedia.com since the journal days, this is quite entertaining.

Comment

• Badkolo
                      Editing a comment
                      this is amazing, i dont think it has sunk in yet for most but it will, the pricks at neoshit are gone, those fuckers where biased against xbox and tried to ruin it.
                      gt sport getting low scores put the ponies in bunch and reality is starting to sink in, they cant even use the games excuse becuase they dont have anything new for 3 months, yes they has a good year but we now have tons of games coming out with the release of the xbox one x and then in 2018 there are as many top aaa games for xbox as their are for ps4.

its going to really hurt when it sinks in that every game from this point on will look and play better on the one x for the next few years

• MEGATRON 631
                      Editing a comment
                      Gaf doing down will be great for Xbox. It was the breeding ground of Xbox hate.

Not sure if you guys covered it or not

Ryse Son of Rome. How cool would this game be if they gave it 4k treatment.

becsuse it's a 2013 game and no real reason to do so I know it won't but damn. Could have been an absolute gold standard on how games could look.

Comment

• Badkolo
                      Editing a comment
                      no chance , the devs are all seperated from what i know, i wish they would do it and also bring us a ryse 2. it was ana amazing launch game that got hate for no reason and a new updated version would be so incredible

• CC-Tron
                      Editing a comment
                      The QTE hate for Ryse seemed to originate from Neogaf.

Originally posted by hasmeh View Post
                    Rough few days for Sony Defence Force:

1. Cup head reviews and sells well.
                    2. Forza gets stellar reviews.
                    3. Naughty dog accused of haarassment.
                    4. Shadow of War Digital foundry shows huge advantages on X1X.
                    5. Another accusation against Naughty Dog developer.
                    6. GT Sports reviews okayish. Meta of 76. SDF can't believe it.
                    7. Neogaf.com goes up in flames. Karma!

Those of us who have been at misterxmedia.com since the journal days, this is quite entertaining.

I'm Back!!!!! As an Original member gotta say this is entertaining. Long time coming...

Comment

Red Dragon sums up the cancer of gaming

https://youtu.be/U2aeSvC-MAs

Comment

SoundByte

Microsoft’s Albert Penello:

“I’m not afraid [that people won’t adopt]. I’m hopeful. There will be people who want that performance and they are going to be happy, then there are going to be people who aren’t on the bleeding edge and I’m totally happy for them to buy an Xbox One S.”

Sigh...You're hopeful? Bleeding edge? Can somebody PLEASE take the mic away from this guy? Seriously, when he opens his mouth, his foot automatically goes in.

I'll help you Al...' XB1X will be a MASSIVE success and for people who aren’t on the bleeding edge I’m totally happy for them to buy a PS4 Pro "...fixed. ;)

Comment

• Joddington
                        Editing a comment
                        They are trying to manage sales expectations (stock issues?, and cost), but at the same time Phil delivers this message far more effectively than AP ever has done.

Forecast? Prediction? Prognosis? Outlook? Expectation?

New consoles always generate a little more buzz than the old standard, so it makes sense that there’d be a little more excitement for the Xbox One X going into the holidays.

The only difference, of course, is that the Xbox One X is an expensive, enthusiast machine, for a niche audience. According to market research firm IDC, more people want to jump into the Xbox Family over the holidays and the period beyond, than are likely to buy a PS4 or Nintendo Switch. In North America, at least. According to their data, 36.6 percent of US consumers want to buy an Xbox One of some sort, while only 35.6 percent want a PS4. Breaking it down a little more, 21.6 percent of those respondents want an Xbox One X, while 22.2 percent want a PS4 Pro. And that spells good things for Microsoft, says IDC’s Lewis Ward.

“The takeaway [from our research] is that Microsoft’s gamble is going to pay off. [The Xbox One X] does appear to stabilize the slide that Microsoft has been on, which I think is a positive step. It looks like, in North America, that the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X will be neck-and-neck in sales for at least the next six months or so and if that happens, you have to say that’s a win for Microsoft.”

SOURCE

A win...yes! :)

Comment

• Joddington
                        Editing a comment
                        Being the class leader in power in the console space is a huge draw - Xbox One X will be leader in sales for the next 4 months without question; the issue is whether it can penetrate beyond the hardcore into the masses.

4 X360 games getting X1 enhancement - IGN:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2017/10/2...x-enhancements

Microsoft’s Xbox backwards compatibility team is adding Xbox One X-specific enhancements to four high-profile Xbox 360 games that are already playable on Xbox One: Halo 3, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Assassin’s Creed. All four updates will be available for free to anyone who owns the game on November 7, the same day the Xbox One X launches.

Some titles now have 10-bit color depth unlocked where they previously had 8-bit, others have HDR lighting enabled, and all have nine times the on-screen pixels. I got to see Halo 3 running in a developer mode that clearly showcased the difference. The left half of the screen was standard Xbox 360 emulation on Xbox One, which already offers framerate smoothing and other subtle benefits. On the right it had HDR and the 9x pixel count.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2017/10/23...-vs-xbox-one-x

Microsoft’s Xbox backwards compatibility team is adding Xbox One X-specific enhancements to four high-profile Xbox 360 games that are already playable on Xbox One: Halo 3, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Assassin’s Creed. All four updates will be available for free to anyone who owns the game on November 7, the same day the Xbox One X launches.
                      Some titles now have 10-bit color depth unlocked where they previously had 8-bit, others have HDR lighting enabled, and all have nine times the on-screen pixels. I got to see Halo 3 running in a developer mode that clearly showcased the difference. The left half of the screen was standard Xbox 360 emulation on Xbox One, which already offers framerate smoothing and other subtle benefits. On the right it had HDR and the 9x pixel count.

“It’s been genuinely startling to see how it looks [on Xbox One X],” said Halo franchise development director Frank O’Connor. Indeed, a look at the Last Resort multiplayer map’s palm trees saw greatly reduced “noise” on the palm fronds and fewer jaggies when looking at a large vertically oriented object such as the turbine in the center of the map.
                      And with original Xbox backwards compatibility kicking off for Xbox One tomorrow, I naturally asked O’Connor if we might see Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2 be brought forward to the Xbox One family. “Statistically [Halo 3] is the one by far we get asked about the most,” he said, which isn’t necessarily a denial!

I also got to walk around in Megaton in Fallout 3 on the Xbox One X, and as the team used development commands to turn the X enhancements on and off the wires running across the streets and the ruined buildings in the distance were starkly different. First the jaggies were there, and then they were gone. A signpost with a lot of text on it also looked obviously sharper and clearer on the new console.

Wow, just wow. I cant wait to play Fallout 3 again on X1X. This is how an elite console is launched!

Last edited by hasmeh; 10-23-2017, 02:32 PM.

Comment

• Joddington
                        Editing a comment
                        Wow that's huge. Even without enhancements back-compat games should fly along on the 1X, but with improvements this is almost a true generation-less console

The Untold Story of Xbox One Backwards Compatibility
                      "We had to bake some of the backwards compatibility support into the [Xbox One] silicon."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/10/...-compatibility

Comment

Comment

😯😎mad improvements

https://youtu.be/G2yXh31wy14

some seriously dumb salty comments in the comments section.....people just don't understand the term Original Xbox 🤣.
                          Last edited by scottvxr; 10-23-2017, 04:32 PM.

Comment

• Misterx
                            Editing a comment
                            why i should play this in 2017? Do i have unlimited time till death?

No value here

• scottvxr
                            Editing a comment
                            Pmsl misterX 😄.....O I forgot you don't like choice....your forgetting millions cut there teeth on games like this and to play these again with improvements....well...and most importantly these games have obviously been chosen by the community. It's not just about you misterX, your entitled to you opinion but as per usual it's negative on a pro Xbox website....perplexed indeed 😖.

• scottvxr
                            Editing a comment
                            Xbox has no game's will be the funniest thing I read from now on in the comments sections🤣🤣. IGN have dropped a load of BC/FC vids check them out if it interests yourself, X1X included.

• fluffyknuckles
                            Editing a comment
                            lol then misterx don't play it, others will, no problems there. clearly this is not for you but that doesn't mean it's not for others.....just remember this simple fact: you are not everyone else. lol

• Misterx
                            Editing a comment
                            I can see no choose here from MS. They only give shit but don't give good AAA exclusives. That is the problem.

• scottvxr
                            Editing a comment
                            Moving on.....

For anyone interested playable tomorrow 😎

Name:	img_0168 (2).jpg
Size:	292.6 KB
ID:	35352

Comment

• Tolrem
                            Editing a comment
                            I don't know what happened to my Fuzion Frenzy but at least I just found my Crimson Sky disk in a box in the garage!

• Joddington
                            Editing a comment
                            Got my Kotor disk ready to go.

Inside the Sexual Misconduct Allegations Rocking NeoGAF's Last 48 Hours - Vice Waypoint:

Over the weekend, one of the most popular video game forums, NeoGAF, suddenly went offline. Following allegations of sexual misconduct by the site's owner, Tyler Malka, many of the message board's moderators quit in protest, threads referencing the allegations were deleted, and NeoGAF's users began revolting in protest. NeoGAF is back online, as of this writing, but remains "down for maintenance."

While there are countless places to discuss video games on the Internet, NeoGAF has been one of the more common melting pots, a place for fans, developers, and critics to talk among one another. It's been around for 18 years. The "neo" part comes from splintering off from Gaming-Age, a once-influential video game website from the 90s. GAF originally stood for Gaming-Age Forums. Now, it's just part of the board's long history. (Full disclosure: More than a decade ago, I wrote for Gaming-Age, and was part of the forum's moderation staff.)

After speaking with Malka, the woman who made the original allegations, and a number of moderators who helped run NeoGAF, a messy and uncomfortable picture emerges.

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/arti...ce=wptwitterus

Quite a detailed account on the website, if interested. Didn't want to post all of it.

Comment

• Joddington
                            Editing a comment
                            This was the guy that also claimed Major Nelson tried to bribe him at E3.

• QuazL
                            Editing a comment
                            Right now it is he said, she said, other than Malka's self admission in 2012. If you look at Julian Assange's proclamation about mail feminists.

"Women, I will let you in on a male secret. Men know that constantly self-proclaiming male 'feminists' are often predatory sleaze bags. They are intensely disliked by other men because of their manipulative qualities and not, in general, because they are viewed to be sex traitors."

I am not saying this is the case for Malka, but it could be. But it also wouldn't be the first time a woman lied about being harassed.

But taking down the site, was not a good idea. It makes him look pretty bad.

Jus because I don't like NeoGAF, doesn't mean I will witch hunt.
                            Last edited by QuazL; 10-24-2017, 04:40 PM.

Comment

• Hammtweezy2192
                            Editing a comment
                            This is bad ass! 1080/60 mode still giving you improved textures and graphical upgrades too.

• Badkolo
                            Editing a comment
                            that is megaton, a true upgrade
                        Working...
                        X