X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friends Again?

Hey Xbox Fortnite Community,

We’re happy to announce today that in partnership with our friends at Microsoft, Fortnite will feature cross-play, cross-progression, and cross-purchase, between Xbox One, PC, Mac, iOS and (in the next few months) Android.

Contrary to what may have been implied, Microsoft has long been a leading voice in supporting cross-platform play, connecting players across PC, mobile and all consoles. We’ve been working together with them over the last several months to make this possible, and will bring this functionality to Fortnite players on Xbox right along with other platforms.

With each new platform we support and every update we ship, we strive to bring Fortnite to more people, and make it easier to play together with friends. And, as always, cross-play is opt in.

As we shared a few days ago, starting Monday you can sign-up for the Fortnite Invite Event on iOS. On phones and tablets, Fortnite is the same 100-player game you know from Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, and Mac. Same gameplay, same map, same content, same weekly updates.

See you on the Battle Bus,

Fortnite Team

Friends again ...

Comment

• scottvxr
      scottvxr commented
      Editing a comment
      Last paragraph is false 🤣

• scottvxr
      scottvxr commented
      Editing a comment
      .......if only somebody had cross play that could match Microsoft's Xbox live ...... But they have to hand over Major tournaments ran by them mentioning no names🤣......when their hamster wheel service hub blew a bearing 🤣😆.

• Today ... 1 PM EST

Publishers go to great lengths to promote upcoming games but this is the first time we've heard of someone trying to break a Guinness World Record with a Sea of Thieves Human Cannonball Launch.

Getting fired out of a cannon and landing on an island or an enemy vessel is a popular activity in the game. Microsoft wants to recreate this on March 13, 2018 at 1 PM EDT. David Smith, also known as "The Bullet", will attempt to break a Guinness World Record for the "Greatest Distance Travelled as a Human Cannonball" using the Xbox Pirate Blaster, a massive cannon that will eject David into the air at breakneck speed. Will he succeed? You can tune into Mixer to witness the event on Tuesday.

Source

Comment

• Somebody Gonna Need A Band-Aid ?

Retailer Amazon Canada has put up a listing for Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell 2018.

The listing, which only appears on the Canadian Amazon site, only mentions the game’s title and further details are absent at this point.

Source

Exclusive?

Remember when Ubisoft had said they have an unannounced FRANCHISE game coming late 2018, early 2019 ...could it be?

Stay tuned!
      Last edited by Smash_mouth; 03-13-2018, 03:30 PM.

Comment

• Google is definetly up to something but I don't think that it's a console..

I'm surprised that nobody has posted this yet..

https://venturebeat.com/2018/03/13/g...-game-servers/

Comment

• Smash_mouth
          Smash_mouth commented
          Editing a comment
          mozzie ...nice find Moz. I agree with you, Google will probably announce something in the E3 window. What? That is the million dollar question. ;)

• Scavenger

Former executive producer on the Halo franchise, Josh Holmes
        , brings a new indie studio called Midwinter Entertainment out of stealth mode today. Its first project is called Scavengers, and it will be the spiritual successor of the Warzone game mode from Halo 5: Guardians

In Warzone, 24 players fought over a massive Halo 5 multiplayer map. Players were divided into two teams, battling each other and AI-controlled enemies to earn points and control the map. In the promotional video for Scavengers, embedded above, Holmes said that his team had a lot of plans for Warzone in Halo 5, but was ultimately limited by the Xbox hardware.

Holmes explained Scavengers as a multiplayer survival shooter “co-opetition” where multiple groups of players will have to compete against each other and powerful AI-controlled enemies for scarce resources. Holmes told Polygon that the game is set in the not-so-distant future, when an asteroid has shattered the moon, pushing our Earth into a new ice age. Complicating things is a mysterious disease that has begun to infect the wildlife on the planet.

Josh Holmes :

“Personally, this is the earliest that I’ve ever spoken about a game that I’m working on,” Holmes said. “So that’s exciting, in part because we want to involve our players and our community much earlier in the development of the game.”

https://t.co/J0LUXfy9WT

" in part " ... trying to drum up interest, maybe some investment ?

Sounds like Halo, looks like Halo ...but it's not Halo. Another Destiny? Not sure how these guys get away with this stuff? Even the Vidoc looks like a Halo piece ...whatever
        Last edited by Smash_mouth; 03-14-2018, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• Wizzy
          https://youtu.be/ftcr73-d2MI

Comment

• Nitfol
            Nitfol commented
            Editing a comment
            If forced to listen to that during an interrogation, I think I would break pretty quick.

• scottvxr
            scottvxr commented
            Editing a comment
            😆 I take it your one of the 459 Nitfol....not everybody's cup of tea I grant😆.
            Last edited by scottvxr; 03-15-2018, 03:59 PM.

• Nitfol
            Nitfol commented
            Editing a comment
            I didn't stay on long enough to down vote.

• Deezer app now available on Xbox one.

Comment

• Comment

• Direct X-Static
              Direct X-Static commented
              Editing a comment
              Phil Spencer tweeted, "I like the E3 plan this year, doing some different things which I think will be good. I think we have to continue to evolve, excite, learn and get better. I feel like we will do all of these this year."

Source: https://gamingbolt.com/phil-spencer-...t-for-xbox-one

Two sides of the same coin perhaps? I guess we'll find out come E3!

• Smash_mouth
              Smash_mouth commented
              Editing a comment
              Seems like quite a lot is happening all at once. My only concern is if Xbox thinks they can go at it alone. NOT a good idea. Sony tried that with the PS3 and we all saw what happened there. :/

• mistercteam
              mistercteam commented
              Editing a comment
              +12

• Direct X-Static
              Direct X-Static commented
              Editing a comment
              @ Smash

I think a lot of it has to do with companies like Amazon and Google being MS competitors rather than MS choosing to go it alone. I don't feel like Sony or Nintendo see these guys as a threat like MS does.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJClZ5pj374
            this is special and brutal mashine,i cant stop driving this beast

Comment

• Guess Who's Joining The Soul Calibur Roster ?

https://t.co/wpMpcvycjm

Last edited by Smash_mouth; 03-16-2018, 02:03 AM.

Comment

• Coming Soon ... Hit Or Miss ?

Comment

Working...
                X