• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main Thread & News Stream. Rise of Xbox [275]

Forza Horizon Reviews

Metacritic: 92%

Opencritic: 91%

Gamingtrend - 10/10

Forza Horizon 4 is one of the best games I’ve ever played. Incredible driving mechanics, cutting-edge seasonal changes in a shared-world, and addictive RPG mechanics make exploring Great Britain an absolute blast.

Twinfinite - 10/10

It’s hard to imagine an arcade racer this generation playing and looking much better than Forza Horizon 4. Unless you don’t like racing games, or only appreciate hyper-realism, there’s no other reason that Xbox One and Windows owners should pass this game up. It’s by far the best Xbox One exclusive for 2018, and among the best games this year, period.

Gamespew - 10/10

It is, without a doubt, the best racing game available right now. In fact, it might be the best racing game of all time. If you own an Xbox One, you need Forza Horizon 4. It’s as simple as that.

Heavy - 9.8/10

Forza Horizon 4 is an exhilarating tour through the beautiful countryside of Great Britain. Racing game fans and non-fans alike need to give this amazing sequel a go.

Xbox Tavern - 9.8

Forza Horizon 4 is the most stunning, deepest and most engaging Forza Horizon game to date. The sheer volume of utterly diverse and wildly interesting content pushes the game’s longevity through the roof. There’s no shortage of activities to take to, set across a sprawling, vividly detailed representation of Britain. Safe to say that if you enjoy the series, you’re going to love this.

IGN - 9.6/10

I’ll always have a massive soft spot for the down under delights of Forza Horizon 3, but open-world racing has never looked as good as it does in Forza Horizon 4. It combines a beautiful world that’s really four hugely distinct maps in one with a constantly rewarding and self-renewing racing experience and I really can’t tear myself away from it. Playground Games hasn’t just upped the ante once again; it’s blown the bloody doors off.

COGconnected - 9.5/10

Pour yourself a spot of tea, butter and jam some crumpets, cozy up by the fireside, and take Forza Horizon 4 for a spin – it’s a bloody good time.

God is a Geek - 9.5/10

There is something truly special about Forza Horizon 4 and it is definitely a worthy addition to the series, sitting alongside its predecessor as the pinnacle of racing games.

Gamingtrend - 10/10
    Twinfinite - 10/10
    Gamespew - 10/10
    Heavy - 9.8/10
    IGN - 9.6/10
    COGconnected - 9.5/10
    God is a Geek - 9.5/10
    USgamer - 9/10
    Gamespot - 9/10
    Hardcore Gamer - 9/10
    Stevivor - 9/10
    Destructoid - 9/10
    Critical Hit - 9/10
    Gamingbolt - 9/10
    Gadgets 360 - 9/10
    Game Revolution - 9/10
    PC Gamer - 8.9/10
    New Game Network - 8.5/10
    CGMagazine - 8.5/10
    Attack of the Fanboy - 8/10
    Press Start - 8/10
    Gamesradar - 8/10
    Telegraph - 8/10
    Skill Up - Great Game, Terrible Monetisation
    ACG - Buy

Congratulations!!! Playground Games, Turn 10 and Xbox Team.

:)

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
      Blaze_ATX commented
      Editing a comment
      Repost for new thread! :)

• Misterx
      Misterx commented
      Editing a comment
      This GIF!!

• scottvxr
      scottvxr commented
      Editing a comment
      Can't wait to play this seriously.....ultimate edition installed😎.

• Blaze_ATX
      Blaze_ATX commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep! Come on! Friday hurry the hell up.

• scottvxr
      scottvxr commented
      Editing a comment
      It'll be a late night Thursday for me😎.

• Blaze_ATX
      Blaze_ATX commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha! That's true.

• Smash_mouth
      Smash_mouth commented
      Editing a comment
      Great reviews! Another winner for the Xbox nation.

• Direct X-Static
      Direct X-Static commented
      Editing a comment
      @ Mister X

Yeah, that time lapse really shows off the lighting and weather!

MetaCritic:

Forza Horizon: 85

Forza Horizon 2: 86

Forza Horizon 3: 91

Forza Horizon 4: 92

Ahhh!!! Masterpiece!!!

Comment

• Misterx
      Misterx commented
      Editing a comment
      ok...was not sure about day1 due to lack of time...but after demo abd thouse reviews...

• Blaze_ATX
      Blaze_ATX commented
      Editing a comment
      Agree!! This game is an instant buy day one. Overall impressions of the reviews are Forza Horizon 4, the new standard for racing games. It's just a masterpiece.

• scottvxr
      scottvxr commented
      Editing a comment
      Goat.

Just for fun!!! :)

PlayStation 4 Pro - Gran Turismo Sport - Racing, Simulation

Took 4 years plus in development.

Metacritic score: 75

Summary: Mediocre at best

Vs

Xbox One X - Forza horizon 4 - Open world racing

Only 2 years in development.

Metacritic score: 92

Summary: Masterpiece

Comment

• scottvxr
      scottvxr commented
      Editing a comment
      For the players🤣

• scottvxr
      scottvxr commented
      Editing a comment
      At the same time FH4 took half the time🤣>Playground games are true Wizards.

• Misterx
      Misterx commented
      Editing a comment
      I think for GFX engine all MS is responsible.

PG got almost ready engine and filled it with the content.

Wonder if its already use RayTraycing in some form?

• scottvxr
      scottvxr commented
      Editing a comment
      The lighting look super good.

• Blaze_ATX
      Blaze_ATX commented
      Editing a comment
      Playground games is using the Forza tech engine for horizon 4 this engine was develop by Microsoft and Turn 10 but playground redefined the engine with a lot of new assets and now we all are witness the greatness of a very talented team like playground games. One more thing the next project of them (New Fable) it's been develop with unreal engine 4 and guess what who are helping playground with the engine The Coalition.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey: Launch trailer

Last edited by Blaze_ATX; 09-25-2018, 02:27 PM.

Comment

https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/1044...tfw%7Ctwcamp%5

Comment

• Direct X-Static
        Editing a comment
        Redacted???

Interesting!

RayTracing

How the hell Nvidia leap froged MS and AMD in RayTracing department? MS and AMD cooked something for years and its already inside Xbox One but Nvidia got deal with MS + AMD to get 'DX12' hardware licence and get RT first to the market.

Is that AMD really that bad and slow?

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
        Blaze_ATX commented
        Editing a comment
        Neither, the problem AMD has is money they are very efficient in the CPU market but they are bad in the gpu's market that's why NVIDIA crush them in every quarter report. If AMD resolve all the problems they had in the gpu area they would be in better position. The only reason Microsoft partner with them is manufacture cost Microsoft engineers are developing Scarlett apu but AMD help them to manufacture it, that's all.

Last edited by Blaze_ATX; 09-25-2018, 03:51 PM.

• Blaze_ATX
        Blaze_ATX commented
        Editing a comment
        For the Ray-tracing technology yes NVIDIA and Microsoft collaborating together and create the technology but the manufacture cost is to high right now that's why Microsoft go to AMD but they are creating the new gpu's with ray-tracing technology in mind.

• Misterx
        Misterx commented
        Editing a comment
        What about Xbox One? When they will announce that Xbox One could do the same than Nvidia new cards?

Does RT from Nvidia is DX12 only? I guess RT is capable by GPU accelerators what are already in Xbox One and should be already supported by DX12.

• Blaze_ATX
        Blaze_ATX commented
        Editing a comment
        That's a good question but i don't know the answer.

• Direct X-Static
        Editing a comment
        You're right Mr. X, and there were even tech demos of XB1 doing real time raytracing before the 2013 launch. I have a suspicion that several games are already using it to some degree, like Tomb Raider and Metro, but they're just letting the games speak for themselves rather than shouting from the rooftops about it.

the hashtag #ForzaHorizon4 has their own emoji en Twitter!!!

Comment

My favorite sounding car FH4
        https://youtu.be/BOFrWVNJoUs
        1:40 for sound 😎 V10 baby
        Last edited by scottvxr; 09-25-2018, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Forza Horizon 4 Review

" I’ll always have a massive soft spot for the down under delights of Forza Horizon 3, but open-world racing has never looked as good as it does in Forza Horizon 4. It combines a beautiful world that’s really four hugely distinct maps in one with a constantly rewarding and self-renewing racing experience and I really can’t tear myself away from it. Playground Games hasn’t just upped the ante once again; it’s blown the bloody doors off. "

9.6 / 10

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
            Blaze_ATX commented
            Editing a comment
            I can't wait, Hurry up Friday!

• scottvxr
            scottvxr commented
            Editing a comment
            IGN Pony's all have PC's the salt in the comments section is glorious🤣. But but but it's not an exclusive! But but but it's a arcade racer! But but but 😝. SALTY😂

Time for the cat beating his keyboard gif smash........Forza Horizon 4 got a what!!!! 10/10🤣
            Last edited by scottvxr; 09-25-2018, 04:21 PM.

• Blaze_ATX
            Blaze_ATX commented
            Editing a comment
            Those morons are forgetting that it doesn't matter what platform you buy the game Xbox or PC the money goes to Microsoft either way. That moronic pony logic. lololololol!!!

• scottvxr
            scottvxr commented
            Editing a comment
            It would be really funny if they announce something really big at Goodwood tonight! It's going to be a busy few weeks for the Pony's and boy will they have sore fingers, I herd salt is good for typing blisters 🤣.

Just for laffs
          https://youtu.be/8NmcCmDWtzg

Comment

Working...
          X