Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order features 'no multiplayer, no microtransactions'

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order promises a true single-player story experience, with 'no multiplayer, no microtransactions' planned.

Electronic Arts is gearing up to reveal Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, its latest video game under its exclusive Star Wars license. Developed by Respawn Entertainment of Titanfall and Apex Legends fame, the highly-anticipated title is slated for a full unveiling during a Star Wars Celebration panel in Chicago on May 13.

Formal details on Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order remain scarce, following its EA Play unveiling in June 2018. The story-driven experience bridges the events of Star Wars: Episode III and Episode IV, following a Padawan's journey after the execution of Order 66. And ahead of a full reveal, Respawn Entertainment co-founder Vince Zampella has provided a tease of good news to come.

Speaking during a Star Wars Celebration live stream, Zampella outlined the foundations for its coming title. In the words of Zampella, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is "a single-player, story game," with "no multiplayer, no microtransactions."

Electronic Arts' rough timeline with the Star Wars license hasn't gone unnoticed, recently tainted by Star Wars Battlefront II's missteps in 2017. It's loot-box, microtransaction-riddled multiplayer kickstarted one of the largest backlashes in recent gaming history; with Visceral and EA Vancouver also canceling Star Wars projects since. While many remain skeptical of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, hopes are high for a fresh take on the legendary franchise.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is set for a 2:30 PM ET reveal on April 13, 2019.

https://www.windowscentral.com/star-...rotransactions

:)

Comment

• raytracing
      raytracing commented
      Editing a comment
      Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order features 'no multiplayer, no microtransactions'
      but i tought it was an ea game

• Blaze_ATX
      Blaze_ATX commented
      Editing a comment
      Here's your answer, developing by Respawn Entertainment.

• Microsoft testing Wish List discount notifications on Xbox One

With the Xbox Spring Sale underway, Microsoft is experimenting with discount notifications for your Xbox One wish list.

Microsoft has kicked off the Spring Sale for Xbox One, discounting a sizeable pool of the console's games library in celebration of the new season. The sale brings reductions for Red Dead Redemption 2, Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, and more, saving up to 85 percent on its digital lineup.

The latest Xbox One sale has now highlighted a new feature in the pipeline for Xbox One, bringing tailored discount notifications for your Xbox Wish List. As posted to the Xbox One subreddit, users are receiving messages for various titles slashed, via Xbox Live's messaging system.

Larry Hryb, Xbox Live programming director, dropped onto Reddit to confirm Microsoft is testing the feature for "a small group of folks," looking for feedback on the feature's implementation. If all goes well, we can expect a full rollout in the months ahead, maybe in time for the next seasonal sale.

Microsoft continues to scale the Xbox One's Microsoft Store, kickstarted by a full redesign in 2017, tailed by a full-fledged shopping cart and item Wish List. A notification system should prove valuable, already commonplace on Steam for tracking deals on its marketplace.

In the meantime, don't miss our roundup of the hottest Xbox Spring Sale deals available until April 22.

https://www.windowscentral.com/micro...tions-xbox-one

Comment

• Wishbongboo😎

Comment

• raytracing
        raytracing commented
        Editing a comment
        would you care to elabore please thx

• Blaze_ATX
        Blaze_ATX commented
        Editing a comment
        lol 😎

• Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order — Official Reveal Trailer

Comment

• “All Digital” Xbox One S launch details and price leaked

The pricing and availability details of Microsoft’s diskless Xbox One S has been leaked by Winfuture.de.

The All Digitial Xbox One S will fulfil Microsoft’s original vision of the Xbox One, that being a device which relies only on digital media and requires a broadband connection to get games and other media.

The device will look nearly identical to the current Xbox One S, but without a drive slot.

According to Winfuture the Xbox One S All Digital will launch for € 229.99, and come with a single Xbox One Wireless Controller in the standard color of white, and come bundled with pre-loaded games.

These games include Minecraft, Sea Of Thieves and Forza Horizon 3, with more games available via the Store and Game Pass.

The Xbox One S All Digital will support 4 K Ultra HD and HDR, and feature a 1 TB HDD.

It is set to be launched in April to hit the European market on the 7th May.

https://mspoweruser.com/all-digital-...-price-leaked/

Last edited by Blaze_ATX; 04-14-2019, 12:06 AM.

Comment

• raytracing
          raytracing commented
          Editing a comment
          to expensive without drive and a 2to hdd at least
          funny google io is the 7 may too ;)

• Blaze_ATX
          Blaze_ATX commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, Microsoft Build (Developers Conference) is in May 6-8. :)

• scottvxr
          scottvxr commented
          Editing a comment
          Would be hella funny if this was Microsoft trolling 🤣.

• Joddington
          Joddington commented
          Editing a comment
          Should be half the price; sell at a loss to increase subs.

• Blaze_ATX
          Blaze_ATX commented
          Editing a comment
          @Joddington

Agreed!

• Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order runs at 4K resolution on Xbox One X

It'll look clear and run smoothly on Xbox One X.

Today during the Star Wars Celebration, EA unveiled Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. The panel which reveal the story trailer also confirmed that Microsoft was the marketing partner on this game. This means that Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order gameplay may be shown during the console manufacturer's E3 2019 media briefing.

However, if you can't wait to find out how it looks on the Xbox One X, we have some good news. According to a listing on the — it's available for physical and digital preorder — the game runs at "4K" resolution on the upgraded machine, and features enhancements like high dynamic range (HDR) and variable refresh rate (VRR).

https://www.windowscentral.com/star-...ion-xbox-one-x

Comment

• raytracing
          raytracing commented
          Editing a comment
          i hope it looks better at release it's a single player game last of us 2 will destroyed them or cyberpunk

• Blaze_ATX
          Blaze_ATX commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL!!! Sorry but Cyberpunk 2077 will destroy any game in sales, not even the Last Of Us 2 can't match it.

Last edited by Blaze_ATX; 04-14-2019, 11:05 AM.

• raytracing
          raytracing commented
          Editing a comment
          true about Cyberpunk 2077 but a star wars game should be at the top graphic
          at least

• Blaze_ATX
          Blaze_ATX commented
          Editing a comment
          It will have nice graphics, but not at the same level of detail like Cyberpunk 2077.

Last edited by Blaze_ATX; 04-14-2019, 05:21 PM.

• OrionWolf
          OrionWolf commented
          Editing a comment
          raytracing I have to wonder why release it on this gen only?

CDPR has stated that if possible they would port the game to next gen as the engine allows easy scalability. I would hope a Star Wars game would do the same, especially a single player game. Maybe possible that they're releasing the game early just so they can re-release it on xb2 and ps5 with better visuals, albeit still a cross gen game "sadly".

CB2077 is in the same boat, they can up the visuals, but could they improve on the physics and AI part of the game considering it had to have been designed around the Jaguar cores and it's limitations?

• Xbox One S Maverick Leaks, Disc-Less Future Arrives Very Soon (Brad Sams New Video)

Comment

• raytracing
          raytracing commented
          Editing a comment
          i would say a consoleless is coming soon ;)

• BadCeeJay1975
          BadCeeJay1975 commented
          Editing a comment
          It's nice to have so many options. Discs, discless, budget, premium or consoleless (once x cloud hits). Ray, you make it sound like no one else is doing it. Its perfectly feasible that x cloud can beat Stevia to market as well.

• Blaze_ATX
          Blaze_ATX commented
          Editing a comment
          @BadCeeJay1975

Agreed and in the end xCloud will be a better service with full first and 3rd party content support. :)

Last edited by Blaze_ATX; 04-14-2019, 12:13 PM.

• raytracing
          raytracing commented
          Editing a comment
          Jay i have nothing against option consoleless thé future could be anyone the xcloud problem is that it rely on Xbox one s hardware not on anaconda which is very weak against stadia and i really doubt about Microsoft network tech against Google or Amazon

• Blaze_ATX
          Blaze_ATX commented
          Editing a comment
          What are you talking about? LOL!!! First, xCloud is not rely on Xbox One S hardware only the service is upgradable, let me explain project Scarlett is the name of Xbox family devices that include OG Xbox One / S, Xbox One X, Maverick, Lockhart and Anaconda. xCloud will start using Xbox One S hardware as blades and then when next gen start the service will move to a new blades with better hardware (Xbox Anaconda). Here's a video of Brad Sams explain it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvVp5cXZGlM. :)

Wrong again, Microsoft and Amazon are currently dominating the.cloud market and Google is sitting in a ................third place. :)

Last edited by Blaze_ATX; 04-14-2019, 01:34 PM.

• scottvxr
          scottvxr commented
          Editing a comment
          Let's put this in simple terms.....people will always prefer possessions over holding a bag of nothing! Put simply console are going nowhere nor are PC's.

The only reason Xcloud is Xbox one S based at the moment is they wanted to save X1X chips for us the consumer. More proof that consoles will always come 1st streaming 2nd.

• Blaze_ATX
          Blaze_ATX commented
          Editing a comment
          @Scottvxr

Agreed, that is the approach Microsoft is going for. Google, in the other hand it's putting all the eggs in the streamng basket and that is a huge gamble and I hope it pay off for them, but imo it will fail.

• raytracing
          raytracing commented
          Editing a comment
          people will always prefer possessions over holding a bag of nothing! Put simply console are going nowhere nor are PC's.
          are so sure about that look at digital sales the past 5 years
          most people only use smartphone
          and chromeos is eating the market more and more + fuschia coming
          people want simple thing and free stadia could be both

Wrong again, Microsoft and Amazon are currently dominating the.cloud yes
          but windows 10 is losing ground to chromeos the only reason people still use windows it's because of gaming when stadia launch i'm not so sure microsoft can handle it remenber that android own the smartphone market
          most company don't want move from w7 in 2020 the game is going to change and gcp is cheaper than azure
          the master of today will be the slave of tomorrow
          even the ceo of qualcomm talk about it

• scottvxr
          scottvxr commented
          Editing a comment
          Blaze agreed it's a very big gamble indeed. I'm not going to comment to preytracing as it seems quite dim that it doesn't know people play consoles world wide in places were internet connection/speed is very unreliable AND!!! for this exact reason is the REASON!!! consoles and PC's are going nowhere!!!

He's a first class Troll flip flopping it's SDF handbook back and fourth.....someone who has zero interest in anything Xbox related!!! If Sony had anything to talk about he'd be trashing that mantra! Shame the SDF have to treat Google as the second coming to help them sleep at night 🤣........this is so funny, sleep tight it does 🤣.
          Last edited by scottvxr; 04-14-2019, 05:22 PM.

• Blaze_ATX
          Blaze_ATX commented
          Editing a comment
          You cannot be more wrong, Windows 10 it's not losing any ground in fact is gaining more ground, they're about to reach one billion of devices running windows 10 OS. Chrome OS was doing good in the education market until last year when Windows steamroller over Chrome. https://i1.wp.com/www.onmsft.com/wp-...ng?w=650&ssl=1. :)

You are delusional, if you think Google will offer Stadia services for free.

Last edited by Blaze_ATX; 04-14-2019, 05:12 PM.

• Blaze_ATX
          Blaze_ATX commented
          Editing a comment
          @Scottvxr

True, but what baffles me is that he make claims and don't present any proofs to back it up. It's to funny. :)

• Direct X-Static
          Direct X-Static commented
          Editing a comment
          @ Raytracing

Are you okay? You seem to be down on MS more than ever, at a time when MS is doing everything so much better!

• raytracing
          raytracing commented
          Editing a comment
          Direct X-Static i'm find bro
          i'm just losing faith in microsoft
          i mean remember the time when bill introduce the og xbox 1080i in 2001 dam it's was the man
          360 the same
          xone should of been better with the cloud even if the public wasn't in day one
          if they had games to jsutified the always online policies it would be find and phil spencer was head of game
          i like the guy but it doesn't mean he as the vision
          i mean what did he do to own our trust ? quantum break yeah crackdown 3 and power of the cloud 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
          and don't give me the cloud was not ready in 2013 aws was launch 2002 be a freaking book store i mean really
          and the "sad xbox" 🤣🤣🤣🤣 marketing at xbox is laughable 230 euros when i can get the bluray one for 200 euros with games
          chrome os is free
          gmail is free
          youtube is free
          hangouts/duo is free
          xbox is searching for studios + partners (nintendo)+ they attack google on content
          weird when didn't make a move when sony was trolling them hardcore
          google as done nothing
          SO WHY ARE THEY SCARED ? maybe they know that stadia is free MEGATOWN
          he is to agree to https://youtu.be/D5tk28exWPA and he is well informed
          windows 10 is coming back because it's free don't be naive and you can play games on it
          and don't forget xcloud can't go to far the xbox console will containt them when stadia will have no limit

• Blaze_ATX
          Blaze_ATX commented
          Editing a comment
          Another youtuber wanna be, who goes by the name "TheQuartering" and if you watch the video there's a lot of "I hope this" I expect that", LOL!!!. A lot of hope and dreams, nothing new here. hahahahahaha!!

Windows 10 OS, it's free but the hardware the consumer use, is not. :)

"don't forget xcloud can't go to far the xbox console will containt them when stadia will have no limit "

Another lie from you, once again xCloud services is upgradable like many services that exits today.

Last edited by Blaze_ATX; 04-15-2019, 11:02 AM.

• Direct X-Static
          Editing a comment
          @ Raytracing

I can respect your opinions, but 'm struggling to find reason to agree with you. I'm sorry you feel this way, but hopefully time will prove out MS is currently headed in the right directions.

• ***Rumor Alert***

New report says Microsoft is apparently trying to finalize deals with 3 Studios before E3.

The Studios are Asobo, Relic and IO Interactive.

A letter of intent has already been sent to MS by IOI.

http://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/...ntly-trying-to

Comment

• Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Features an ‘Innovative Lightsaber Combat System’, Freedom on Where to Go Next

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order can now be pre-ordered for Xbox One through Microsoft Store and once again, the game page boasts several fresh details for us to peruse.
        A galaxy-spanning adventure awaits in STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order, a new 3rd person action-adventure title from Respawn Entertainment. This narratively-driven single player game puts you in the role of a Jedi Padawan who narrowly escaped the purge of Order 66 following the events of Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith. On a quest to rebuild the Jedi Order, you must pick up the pieces of your shattered past to complete your training, develop new powerful Force abilities, and master the art of the iconic lightsaber – all while staying one step ahead of the Empire and its deadly Inquisitors. While mastering your abilities, players will engage in cinematically-charged lightsaber and Force combat designed to deliver the kind of intense STAR WARS lightsaber battles as seen in the films. Players will need to approach enemies strategically, sizing up strengths and weaknesses while cleverly utilizing your Jedi training to overcome your opponents and solve the mysteries that lay in your path. STAR WARS fans will recognize iconic locations, weapons, gear, and enemies while also meeting a roster of fresh characters, locations, creatures, droids and adversaries new to STAR WARS. As part of this authentic STAR WARS story, fans will delve into a galaxy recently seized by the Empire. As a Jedi hero-turned-fugitive, players will need to fight for survival while exploring the mysteries of a long-extinct civilization all in an effort to rebuild the remnants of the Jedi Order as the Empire seeks to erase the Jedi completely.

KEY FEATURES

● Cinematic, Immersive Combat – Jedi: Fallen Order delivers the fantasy of becoming a Jedi through its innovative lightsaber combat system – striking, parrying, dodging – partnered with a suite of powerful Force abilities you’ll need to leverage to overcome obstacles that stand in your way. This combat system is intuitive to pick up, but takes training and practice to fully master its nuances as you gain new powers and abilities along your adventure.

● A New Jedi Story Begins – As a former Padawan on the run from the Empire, you must complete your training before Imperial Inquisitors discover your plan to revive the Jedi Order. Aided by a former Jedi Knight, a cantankerous pilot, and a fearless droid, you must escape the evil machinations of the Empire in a story-driven adventure. Explore and overcome a wide range of challenges focused on combat, exploration, and puzzle-solving.

● The Galaxy Awaits – Ancient forests, windswept rock faces, and haunted jungles are all unique biomes you’ll explore in Jedi: Fallen Order, with the freedom to decide when and where you go next. As you unlock new powers and abilities, opportunities open up to re-traverse maps in new ways; leveraging the Force to augment the way you explore. Move quickly, however, as the Empire is actively hunting your every step in their effort to exterminate all remnants of the Jedi Order.
        The Microsoft Store also revealed the pre-order bonus and Deluxe Edition bonus.
        Pre-order STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order to outfit yourself with unique cosmetic equipment for your lightsaber and droid companion.

Get the story behind the game with the STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order Deluxe Edition, featuring a “Director’s Cut” suite of behind-the-scenes features and content as well as additional unique cosmetic equipment for your adventure.
        The reveal trailer of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is finally out, too, and you can watch it below. The game will be out on November 15th for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

The protagonist is Cal Kestis, a brand new Jedi created for this game, played by Cameron Monaghan, the Californian actor known mostly for his roles in Shameless and Gotham.

https://wccftech.com/star-wars-jedi-...tsaber-combat/

Comment

• raytracing
          raytracing commented
          Editing a comment
          Wait and see i Hope the force is with them

• Blaze_ATX
          Blaze_ATX commented
          Editing a comment
          Time will tell if is a hit or miss.

• Long time gone, but been keeping up with the forums.

Had a thought. Long shot, but anyone think the code-named Odessa "disc to digital program" may allow for games that are not currently BC to work? I wonder if that solves any legal issues that if you can provide Microsoft with the actual disc that would overcome any legal issues for circumventing any BC legal restrictions. I assume not and this would only be for the games that were only currently BC (and those that will one day be BC can be turned in later).

Comment

• raytracing
          raytracing commented
          Editing a comment
          i tought the same thing but legal is tricky if technicly right are link to physical media maybe it will time will tell
          good to have you back

• scottvxr
          scottvxr commented
          Editing a comment
          Howdy Dutch long time. This would make sense.

• Blaze_ATX
          Blaze_ATX commented
          Editing a comment
          Welcome back, bro, good idea but unfortunately I don't think it's gonna happen that would be too complicated to pull it off but if they do that would be awesome.

Last edited by Blaze_ATX; 04-14-2019, 05:24 PM.

• BadCeeJay1975
          BadCeeJay1975 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice to hear from you dude

• Direct X-Static
          Editing a comment
          Good to hear from you! It'd be nice for you to pop like this every in every once in a while... at least "spice things up" like you used to, lol... I miss so many of the OG members and their diverse contributions!

• Report: Sony stopped Bungie's plans to add cross-platform character transfer to Destiny 2

"We want people to associate Destiny with PS4 even if that means screwing over other players."

Bungie's plans to enable the cross-platform transfer of Destiny characters were stopped by Sony, according to Kotaku's Jason Schreier.

Schreier made the claim in a recent episode of the Splitscreen podcast (skip to around 57 mins if you want to get straight to this topic - thanks, ResetEra). In a discussion about how Destiny 2 will fare following Bungie's separation from long-term publishing partner Activision, Schreier intimated that while Bungie had been keen to make character transfer a reality, it's exclusivity partnership with Sony prevented the developer from pressing ahead.

"I heard that Bungie wanted to do character transfers for PS4, PC - before Forsaken came out - but Sony wouldn't allow it," Schreier said. "Sony is just like, we want people to associate Destiny with PS4, even if that means screwing over other players.

"It sucks and hopefully Bungie ends it."

It's not the first time Sony has been singled out for fighting cross-play party play, of course. A couple of years ago it was Rocket League and Minecraft highlighting the issue, and Sony wouldn't budge, although Sony boss Shawn Layden told Eurogamer last year that the company was "looking at a lot of the possibilities". Just a month later, a cross-play beta finally came to Fortnite players on PlayStation 4.

It's natural to speculate that Bungie might revisit these plans now the studio has prematurely terminated its partnership with Activision, but its agreement with Sony is seemingly still in place. Just this week, Destiny 2 players on PC and Xbox One could get their paws on PlayStation 4-exclusive Wavesplitter, but the studio had to revoke access to it via a "fix". Now PC and Xbox One owners will have it locked within their inventories until its exclusivity period expires in September 2019.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...r-to-destiny-2

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
          Blaze_ATX commented
          Editing a comment
          Remember Sony is "4 the players". /s

Last edited by Blaze_ATX; 04-14-2019, 05:53 PM.

• raytracing
          raytracing commented
          Editing a comment
          This is. " for our players " it was Lost in translation 😉

• Blaze_ATX
          Blaze_ATX commented
          Editing a comment
          Sure, "roll eyes". :)

Working...
      X