Main Thread & News Stream. Rise of Xbox [275]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyberpunk 2077 Will Feature “In-Game Ads For Services of The Dark Future”

CD Projekt RED is looking to bring its vision of a cyberpunk future to life with some interesting details.

CD Projekt RED have a knack for bringing their virtual worlds to life in incredible ways, and by all accounts, it’s looking like they want to do the same with the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077. They’ve spoken about the varied, dense, and fully handcrafted world of the RPG quite a bit, and it really looks like they’e putting their money where their mouth is.

A recent job ad sees the Polish developer looking to recruit for a very specific position- an “In-game Ads Illustrator”. The applicant will be responsible for, as the name suggests, illustrating advertisements (fictional ones) for “consumer services of the dark future” – everything from paramilitary medical care and guns to fast moving consumer goods and cyberware – that players will see within the game’s Nighty City itself.

“Our In-game Ads Team is looking for an Illustrator to bolster their ranks and make CD Projekt RED’s vision of cyberpunk even more fascinating,” reads the job ad. “As an In-game Ads Illustrator, you’ll take part in creating ads for an array of consumer services of the dark future — from paramilitary medical care, to guns, to fast moving consumer goods and cyberware.”

Cyberpunk 2077 currently remains without a release date, but CD Projekt RED are going to bring the RPG to E3 this year, which they say will be the most important show in their history as a developer. Rumours suggest we could be getting a release date at E3, and based on other recent hirings the developer has been looking to make, that might just end up happening.

https://gamingbolt.com/cyberpunk-207...he-dark-future

:)

Comment

• Mortal Kombat 11 Microtransactions Detailed, In-Game Currency Is Called Time Crystals

No loot boxes, no pay-to-win elements- sounds good so far.

We’ve known for a while now that Mortal Kombat 11 will be launching with optional microtransactions, and in a recent stream, developers NetherRealm Studios detailed just how these will function when the fighter finally releases.

For starters, the big question- will there be loot boxes? No, no there won’t be any loot boxes. Mortal Kombat 11 will allow players to make cosmetic purchases using the in-game currency known as Time Crystals, which you can either purchase with real money, or earn in-game (apparently, nothing in the game will be locked behind microtransactions).

The developers also made it a point to assure everyone that there would ne no pay-to-win elements in the fighter. Purchases will be cosmetic only, including gear (which doesn’t impact stats or gameplay), skins, victory poses, character introductions, and other customization options.

All these items are also earnable in-game and will drop for players at one point or another, with the microtransactions only presenting a “shortcut”, as the developers put it, for those who don’t want to wait.

Right now, it sounds good and balanced, but whether it actually is good and balance is something we won’t know till we’ve played the game ourselves- which we’ll all be doing not long from now. Mortal Kombat 11 launches on April 23 for the PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC.

https://gamingbolt.com/mortal-kombat...-time-crystals

Comment

• really sad indeed

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
          Blaze_ATX commented
          Editing a comment
          Here we go again with the youtuber wanna be Spawn Wave with a clickbait title. lololololololol!!!!

• https://twitter.com/klobrille/status...09656631177216

Comment

• Let's Fucking Gooooo!!!!

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
            Blaze_ATX commented
            Editing a comment
            E3 2019!!! Gonna be lit. My Body Is Ready!!!

• Direct X-Static
            Direct X-Static commented
            Editing a comment
            I can't wait! Art of War in full effect and beta testing is OVER!!!

• BadCeeJay1975
            BadCeeJay1975 commented
            Editing a comment
            Is that an official pic?

• Blaze_ATX
            Blaze_ATX commented
            Editing a comment
            No, but it was made by a verified Microsoft insider.

• AMD to launch next-gen Navi graphics cards at E3 2019

Exclusive: AMD to launch its next-gen Radeon graphics cards based on Navi GPU architecture at E3 2019

We are all expecting AMD to be announcing all things 7nm during Computex 2019 in the last week of May, but what I've been told my exclusive sources is that AMD might touch on its next-gen Navi GPU at Computex 2019 but will instead do a full announcement at E3 2019.

E3 2019 takes place a few weeks after Computex does, with E3 2019 taking place between June 12-14 in LA. AMD launched Radeon RX Vega graphics cards in LA back in 2017 alongside the first-gen Ryzen Threadripper, but unlike Vega... Navi will be a muhc better GPU architecture and from what I'm hearing about performance it'll also be surprising.

E3 2019 is the perfect time to launch t he most exciting card in Radeon history in years, as it's a total gaming-centric event. All eyes can be on Radeon, as Navi will also be powering the two next-gen consoles in the future Xbox and PlayStation 5 families.

The full launch for Navi will be on 7/7 which has been previously rumored, as AMD will be using the number 7 considerably over the coming months since it is the first company to 7nm with CPUs and GPUs and it plans to capitlize on that. It makes total sense and anyone that looks at the situation would agree AMD would be stupid not to use the 7 card throughout its Zen 2 and Navi architectures both deploying on 7nm.

As for performance I've heard that we are looking at it easily beating the Radeon RX Vega 64 and coming close to the RTX 2080, but NVIDIA will continue playing for keeps in the high-end graphics card market with its dominant GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. However, AMD doesn't need to hit that high on the first go so what about Navi 20, the successor to Navi 10 which will replace what we will see announced at E3 2019 and launched on 7/7.

Navi 20 will reportedly not be that much of an upgrade in performance of what is launched on 7/7 with the first-gen Navi graphics card, but this remains to be seen. If AMD can do a little damage with teh first-gen Navi then I can only see improvements from it going forward. But I think we'll see NVIDIA step into the 7nm stage with Ampere in the near future and that will definitely knock some things around.

Remember that in 18 months from now we'll be greeted with Intel's first discrete graphics card since the Intel i740 from all those years ago, and surely it will be on 7nm given that Intel has struggled on 10nm for so long now. Navi won't be enough to fight off NVIDIA let alone whatever Intel will have in 18 months so the post-Navi 20 product should be much better as it'll be the second post-GCN architecture from the company.

AMD's first post-GCN architecture is Navi which is where most of the improvements in performance comes from as it is an aging architecture, something Navi really changes up on its first go post-Polaris and Vega. I don't have any GPU-specific details to share other than the news of the launch at E3 2019 and its performance (beats Vega 64 and competes at times with the RTX 2080).

It should be a big deal as it'll be the first time in many, many years that AMD can be boldly proud of its GPU architecture. Polaris was a mid-range offering built for the current-gen Xbox One X and PS4/PS4 Pro while Vega was a write-off if you want to be honest, and built for Apple but never properly used and then chopped into parts (literally) and put out into various APUs by AMD and various Intel CPUs as on-board graphics.

Navi marks the largest change in AMD's GPU architecture in a long time, and for the first time in a while, we should begin to get a little excited. Especially if it's anything like the recent success the CPU division of AMD has gone through with Ryzen, Threadripper, and EPYC courtesy of the Zen CPU architecture.

All eyes are now on Computex 2019 and E3 2019!

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/65560...019/index.html

Comment

• raytracing
            raytracing commented
            Editing a comment
            in the same time
            every gaming company is using amd so

• Blaze_ATX
            Blaze_ATX commented
            Editing a comment
            But not every gaming company will be attending E3 this year. 😉

• scottvxr
            scottvxr commented
            Editing a comment
            😆😆😆 I think it's got a hard on for you Blaze🤣🤣😋.

• Blaze_ATX
            Blaze_ATX commented
            Editing a comment
            😂😂😂😂 Bro, I just spilled my coffee laughing, so hard. 😂😂😂😂

• raytracing
            raytracing commented
            Editing a comment
            😆😆😆 I think it's got a hard on for you Blaze🤣🤣😋.
            no
            he's just posting almost everything on this website
            scott
            and after all phil harrison said "The summer is when we will be next back out in public"
            ;)
            Last edited by raytracing; 04-15-2019, 12:15 PM.

• Blaze_ATX
            Blaze_ATX commented
            Editing a comment
            😂😂😂 This is too funny. 😂😂😂

• scottvxr
            scottvxr commented
            Editing a comment
            Wishbongboo🤣

• BadCeeJay1975
            BadCeeJay1975 commented
            Editing a comment
            raytracing "and after all phil harrison said "The summer is when we will be next back out in public""

What has that got to do with anything in this post? lol

• raytracing
            raytracing commented
            Editing a comment
            badcee they could link to the gpu in stadia to so

• Blaze_ATX
            Blaze_ATX commented
            Editing a comment
            Again, What has that got to do with anything in this post?

This news talk about AMD launching their next-gen Navi graphics cards at E3 2019 event. This article doesn't mention Stadia at all, so why are you bring it up.

• raytracing
            raytracing commented
            Editing a comment
            the article talks about the new Navi GPU "architecture" stadia is based on epyc
            so yes this concern stadia too
            "Navi marks the largest change in AMD's GPU architecture in a long time"

• Blaze_ATX
            Blaze_ATX commented
            Editing a comment
            OMG!! You really don't get the point. LMAO!!!

• BadCeeJay1975
            BadCeeJay1975 commented
            Editing a comment
            raytracing EPYC are CPUs, this article is about NAVI GPUs so again nothing to do with Stadia. The launch Stadia GPUs are already set in stone (probably VEGA based) and being mass deployed to data centres as we speak, you can't have it all ways.

• raytracing
            raytracing commented
            Editing a comment
            yeah sorry vega
            the gen 1 is set in stone but gen 2 will probably be navi too
            and i can bet that they will release the GEN 2 of stadia at the same time as next xbox and ps5
            it's most about the future of amd in general

• Direct X-Static
            Direct X-Static commented
            Editing a comment
            @ raytracing

"every gaming company is using amd so"

So MS is once again specializing certain aspects of their GPU's beyond Navi. I mean really, XB1 and XB1X both use AMD processors but that doesn't mean they're equal. The problem I'm having with you lately is you're not being honest about a lot of your opinions. Maybe you should post more links while you talk about your stance so we where you're getting you're information from?

Honestly, you're demeanor is not very constructive.

• MisterX is there a rule on your website were one can't post to much information?

Comment

• BiG Porras
            BiG Porras commented
            Editing a comment
            What? O_o

• Blaze_ATX
            Blaze_ATX commented
            Editing a comment
            I hope not because tomorrow is the new inside Xbox episode and there's gonna be tons of info and E3 is around the corner. 😎

Last edited by Blaze_ATX; 04-15-2019, 03:00 PM.

• scottvxr
            scottvxr commented
            Editing a comment
            Now you wouldn't want to post to much info would you Blaze? You might upset something 😁.

• Blaze_ATX
            Blaze_ATX commented
            Editing a comment
            Apparently I need to be careful what I post from now on, so I don't upset someone... Nah, my motto is like Cobra-Kai master said "No Mercy". 😎

• Free-to-play 'Forza Street' launches on PC

There's a new Forza game in town.

A few months ago, Microsoft released a game called Miami Street for PC. It wasn't meant for high-end systems, but could be played on less powerful devices like tablets. Today, it seems like the title has left early branding, embracing a new identity, "Forza Street." According to the team, Forza Street is a "race-on-the-go" experience, confirming prior leaks back in March.

In Forza Street, you enter the street racing scene to win the car collection of your dreams. Pick an event, set your lineup, and race for infamy. Race to collect legendary cars – from classic muscle to modern supercars – turning your garage into a trophy case. The developer also says that Forza Street features streamlined controls which focus on timing. Lastly, unlike the lengthy races found in Forza Horizon 4, you can squeeze in a quick one-minute race.

First leaked back in March, Forza Street was initial framed as a mobile racing experience for iOS and Android devices too, extending Microsoft's racing franchise beyond Xbox and PC. It's unclear if these versions are still on the horizon, following the recent rebrand.

Hopefully Forza Street is a polished experience which will keep players coming back for more. We'll have to wait a few days to find out what gamers truly think about this entry to the Forza franchise.

Are you interested in Forza Street? Let us know. It's a free-to-play experience so there's no risk in trying it.

https://www.windowscentral.com/free-...et-launches-pc

Last edited by Blaze_ATX; 04-15-2019, 04:08 PM.

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
            Blaze_ATX commented
            Editing a comment
            Available on PC, iOS and Android.

• Hey, look the new Xbox game studios logo.

Comment

• Microsoft to Take on AirPods with Surface Buds (New Brad Sams Video)

Comment

• Apple Arcade Games Reportedly Permitted on Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo Switch After Brief Exclusivity

Apple is spending hundreds of millions of dollars to secure new games for its forthcoming Apple Arcade subscription service, with its total budget likely to exceed $500 million, according to the Financial Times.

The report, citing several people involved in the project's development, claims Apple is incentivizing developers by spending several million dollars each on most of the more than 100 games that have been selected to be available on Apple Arcade when the service launches later this year.

While the report claims games on Apple Arcade will not be available on Android or through other subscription-based gaming services, it says developers will be permitted to release their games on PCs or other games consoles such as the Nintendo Switch or PlayStation after a few months of exclusivity.

Apple Arcade will feature titles from well-known brands such as Disney, Sega, Lego, Cartoon Network, and Konami, as well as indie studios such as Snowman, Annapurna Interactive, WayForward, and Klei Entertainment.

Apple has yet to reveal pricing for its Arcade service, slated to launch in fall 2019 in more than 150 countries across the iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV. All games on Apple Arcade will be fully-featured, all-you-can-play experiences, with no ads and no in-app purchases necessary.

https://www.macrumors.com/2019/04/15...budget-report/

Comment

Working...
              X