Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• they know they had upper hand even without RCC (RT shy)
    -7FF+ &risk prod (you can Guess) MS deep pocket plus azure need (Chiplet is dual purpose), who do you think AMD/TSMC collab more, MS also part of TSMC cloud alliance
    -CU is break (smile) limit
    -CPU

Comment

• mistercteam
      mistercteam commented
      Editing a comment
      X1 :1.3TF+shy block
      X1X :6 TF+shy block
      with X1X MS change the game where Spec TF will always > thn sony counterpart,as they could not reveal shy block Flops

X2 will do similar,MS will make sure the listed Flops > than PS5
      with X1 they learn media will FUD the shy block

• Panda
      Panda commented
      Editing a comment
      So you believe that Anaconda will have more Teraflops than PS5? They need to! Because IF somehow Sony is higher, it's going to be quite a hassle PR wise for MS.

• mistercteam
      mistercteam commented
      Editing a comment
      1st the source of twitter GDC is 9.2TF, plus 1st leak is 8TF of sony vs 12TF of anaconda
      and they try to mocked MS can not go to 1.8Ghz but Sony can
      what kind of logic is that
      infact the 1st system to go near 1.2Ghz is X1X when ps4pro is still 0.9 same clock as X1S

• mistercteam
      mistercteam commented
      Editing a comment
      performance leader means in power wise
      MS know they could not win on other way around, people will find a hole in term for example
      X2 = 10TF + accelerator vs Sony 11TF

media or firum will said MS accelerator is PR
      just like X1 balance interview of architect
      or BC of X1, when people said Jaguar could do BC LOL

• mistercteam
      mistercteam commented
      Editing a comment
      X1X is example of it
      they will > Sony

even if the actual number Is woooooow you wont believe anyway

• Panda
      Panda commented
      Editing a comment
      Well I hope for MS's sake they don't fuck up. And have a high TFLOP number higher than Sony. Otherwise Phil will get a lot of shit from people on his twitter. Thanks for the explanation. And, what do you mean I won't believe it anyway?

• mistercteam
      mistercteam commented
      Editing a comment
      you wont believe the real TF of X2 …
      it will leave PS5 in the dust

monster = what 2020 PC high end TF

• Blaze_ATX
      Blaze_ATX commented
      Editing a comment
      🐍🐍😎😉

:)

• Panda
      Panda commented
      Editing a comment
      I will love to see the meltdowns when it happens lol.

• mistercteam
      mistercteam commented
      Editing a comment
      but like I said MS will only show Spec TF that will be > PS5, for example if PS5 8, X2 will be12, PS5, 11 X2 will be 14 ,3-4TF differences with PS5
      not full TF which actually why it is called monster

full TF means they have to tell the Flops of RCC, which I think they wont reveal that

• OrionWolf
      OrionWolf commented
      Editing a comment
      mistercteam "you wont believe the real TF of X2 …
      it will leave PS5 in the dust

monster = what 2020 PC high end TF"

I would, the difference between a 1080ti and a 2060 is 5Tflops, guess which one performs a lot better when RT is enabled?

For RT to work properly you have to have proper HW and SW. That's why a 1080ti with 11Tf/no RT cores losses to a 2060 with 6tflops/RT cores.
      Last edited by OrionWolf; 05-15-2019, 02:18 PM.

• mistercteam
      mistercteam commented
      Editing a comment
      RT cores of AMD is simply
      back to VLIW to increase the ILP and smaller SIMD to consume

I already pointed out the paper from mike mantor and even Nvidia
      VLIW front end then SIMD4 or Vect4 is enough for general ray tracing need which actually means irregular workload

reason the so early test ray tracing, X1 is ray tracing capable

you wont believe when you will see infinite

infinite is using hybrid ray trace
      and could run on X1X and X1/S BTW

DX12 at its core is meant to be irregular workload capable
      ray tracing
      physics
      all is irregular/recursive problem

since MrX insider I already post about Xbox Director SOC patent of Ray tracing block
      where it is like I said front end VLIW backend vector (trouughput accelerator)

and MS/AMD/Nvidia paper test that Vec4 is balance between regular/irregular

so reason you see Arcturus on leak because it is Arcturus is Xbox one using AMD nextgen ARch
      it is RT block, the whole GPU is meant to be irregular workload accelerator
      same as X1 gfxcore, but X1 gfxcore is built on Polaris+

where X1X RT is based on Vega+

you see why AMD on several years ago on Horizon event reveal Vega+Ryzen1 show Project Scorpio involvement ?
      thats your answer, X1X RT block is based on vega+ , reason also CBR on X1X is no problem, as RPM is there too

• OrionWolf
      OrionWolf commented
      Editing a comment
      If I'm not mistaken that super SIMD patent from AMD was heavily implied for NAVI, going with bigger CUs + ILP is going to give interesting results. Also 3D12 Raytracing has fallback Layer APIs, which use compute shaders to emulate DirectX Raytracing on devices without native support aka emulation of RT, but it's a very expensive operation and why a different approach is needed. If I know this, why do people think MS doesn't?

I mean here:
      Software emulation of RT
      https://bit.ly/2vZVBUn

HW accelerated RT
      https://bit.ly/2HqSB8P

The first one is Pascall, it's the reason why a 1080ti is loosing badly to a GPU with almost half the tflops and price point.

In regards to Vega, well, it was Cerney that came out with the notion that they were using some tech beyond Polaris ... why wouldn't MS a year later?

• Void Bastards - Release Date Trailer

Comment

• :(

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
        Blaze_ATX commented
        Editing a comment
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Panda
        Panda commented
        Editing a comment
        There it is

• Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint: Global Threat Story Trailer

Comment

• infact as both PS5 and X2 is 2020,
        time for X1 famly to shine
        & showed how X1X can do 60FPS in 4K on GeOW5 and other games
        all possible as software is the key, unlock other block that once shy
        with SM 6.x paradigm

and hope 3rd party adopt too as PS5/X2 need multiengine too

Comment

• Good they start to use logic, and not trapped by many poster that try to steer limited info into something that no confirmation at all , especially if that related to Cerny or Sony https://www.neogaf.com/threads/next-gen-ps5-next-xbox-ot-speculation-analysis-leaks-thread.1480978/page-8 …
          slide#3 tipical poster try to steer, LOL embedded RT soft

Last edited by mistercteam; 05-15-2019, 11:32 AM.

Comment

• OrionWolf
            OrionWolf commented
            Editing a comment
            I tend to not go to neogaf for that reason, there's not even a pretense of being unbiased.

Btw considering that GPUs are very good at coherent workloads (doing the same things to lots of data at once), but bed at incoherent (Ray tracing - each ray can go a different direction, intersect different objects, shade different materials, access different textures.) is MS going with a CPU solution for that reason (CPUs are very good at incoherent work)?

Even more so with super fast cache and very low latency considering that it's directly on die - this is exactly what Nvidia was stating low latency is the biggest factor in RT (at least according to them).

Also 3D stacking also leaves them more die space for a bigger GPU or something else.

• mistercteam
            mistercteam commented
            Editing a comment
            Indeed Orion
            it is just good thing actually some people on that forum pointed it out

• Panda
            Panda commented
            Editing a comment
            There's gonna be a bias to any site you go. Unfortunately, the bias is slanted towards Sony because they have the biggest fanbase right now.

• OrionWolf
            OrionWolf commented
            Editing a comment
            Panda I know, but neogaf was like this since 2013. Resetera has people from both sides, it's more balanced in that regard, and even those with a preference for Sony aren't dismissing everything, just because they don't like the idea of MS having the better system. Unlike whit neogaf where you would get banned if you speculated about some possible tech inside the xbox.

It's true tho, that since the "leaks" have started people are getting antsy, and "power" is starting to matter. Funny thing to note here, is that the first ever leak was about Sony and how powerful the ps5 is going to be... maybe with the increasing belief that the xb2 (xbox) is going to be better people are showing their true colors i.e. power doesn't matter only when MS has the advantage.

• Panda
            Panda commented
            Editing a comment
            Agreed.

• From twitter.😀🤣🤣

Last edited by Blaze_ATX; 05-15-2019, 11:31 AM.

Comment

• scottvxr
            scottvxr commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm expecting some good old Sony smoke and mirrors around E3 to keep the Pony/SDF happy🤣.

• Joddington
            Joddington commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes definitely Sony will throw out some thing around E3 to drive the media circus; that's what they do and the media always laps it up.

• Blaze_ATX
            Blaze_ATX commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep, definitely, they will announce a 15 to 30 minutes video of state of play around E3, just to stay relevant on the next gen talk, but the question is it will be enough? because Xbox is going all in this E3 they will not hold back. 😎🐍🐍😉

When I say all in, I mean they will tease some next gen stuff including Lockhart and Anaconda but not expect a full blow out, that will happen E3 2020.😎

Last edited by Blaze_ATX; 05-15-2019, 12:16 PM.

• OrionWolf
            OrionWolf commented
            Editing a comment
            Blaze_ATX "When I say all in, I mean they will tease some next gen stuff including Lockhart and Anaconda but not expect a full blow out, that will happen E3 2020." Personally I think they're going to mention some vague aspects, but at the very least I hope they don't mention pricing yet.

They could undercut Sony considerably that way, slowly releasing xb2 (both SKUs) info until e3 next year.

• Blaze_ATX
            Blaze_ATX commented
            Editing a comment
            @OrionWolf

They won't mention price for neither consoles, you can bet on that. :)

• Joddington
            Joddington commented
            Editing a comment
            I hope MS don't show the Anaconda power too early to give Sony the chance to go bigger.

• banmaster
            banmaster commented
            Editing a comment
            I believe in Spencer's words when he said that the next gen Xbox would be standard in terms of power, so all this rejoing of the pony that will PS 5 be more powerful than the next gen Xbox fall into the muddy water, yes and I expect a minimum 3 TF more powerful Xbox than PS 5 plus Accelerator for RT and other Accelerators, although I do not have much concern about power of the console only the games interest me, so much of me,I await E3 as a cold man sun, XD
            Last edited by banmaster; 05-15-2019, 03:49 PM.

• Blaze_ATX
            Blaze_ATX commented
            Editing a comment
            I believe they will show briefly Halo Infinite running on Anaconda just for a few seconds, so the hype start for next gen and at the same time fans will see how the slipspace engine graphics looks, remember last E3 there's was a rumor saying that Microosoft decide to not show any Halo Infinite gameplay because it was making the other games they had on the show look bad.

Last edited by Blaze_ATX; 05-15-2019, 04:25 PM.

• scottvxr
            scottvxr commented
            Editing a comment
            Xbox already have the power advantage so as far as I'm concerned your move Sony l definitely won't be disappointed if I don't hear anything about next Xboxes come E3, just show me the games X1X need's to Use that 6tflops cus right now it's just ticking over😎.

• Panda
            Panda commented
            Editing a comment
            Sony is going to have their own reveal event I think.

• Blaze_ATX
            Blaze_ATX commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, off course they will have their own reveal event, that's obvious, same for Microsoft.

• Day 2

http://www.hotchips.org/program/

Comment

• :)

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
              Blaze_ATX commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep, Microsoft will drop the name one and start fresh with new logo, same green color, etc. They will not use that name for next gen, think about it as a brand reboot.😎🐍🐍😎😉

Last edited by Blaze_ATX; 05-15-2019, 03:26 PM.

• mistercteam
              mistercteam commented
              Editing a comment
              Xbox

• raytracing
              raytracing commented
              Editing a comment
              the marketing team at microsoft is not that great so about starting fresh i don't know
              maybe going back to the original "xbox"

• Blaze_ATX
              Blaze_ATX commented
              Editing a comment
              "the marketing team at microsoft is not that great " LOL!!!!

The marketing team is fine, don't know what are you talking about.

• scottvxr
              scottvxr commented
              Editing a comment
              It speaks Clingon😎

• Panda
              Panda commented
              Editing a comment
              They should just call it Xbox. Example: "Xbox: Lockhart Edition." And "Xbox:Anaconda Edition"

• Blaze_ATX
              Blaze_ATX commented
              Editing a comment
              Lockhart and Anaconda are codenames, they will not be part of the final name. I think this time they should use a roman number like "Xbox V" it's different, but let's wait for the reveal.😎

• Panda
              Panda commented
              Editing a comment
              I know they are codenames, I was just giving an example.

• The Division 2’s First Raid Won’t Have Matchmaking

Those seeking to play will need to find seven other teammates.

Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 received its third major title update yesterday with the first raid, Operation Dark Hours, going live tomorrow. Though Ubisoft has touted the presence of matchmaking for all activities, the raid will apparently not have it. According to Ubisoft’s Alexandre Guenounou on Twitter, “You have to team up through clan lists, their friends lists or by inviting other players in the game’s social spaces before you launch the raid.”

Guenounou followed up with another tweet asking for time to “circle back” with Ubisoft Massive to provide a full explanation. Though the first game’s Incursions had matchmaking, they weren’t necessarily raids. They supported four players and were still fairly doable with pick-up groups despite having their fair share of mechanics.

The lack of matchmaking for Operation Dark Hours seems to indicate that communication and coordination will be even more important than before. Head here to learn about some of the mechanics regarding the raid or here to see a teaser for the same. Operation Dark Hours goes live tomorrow – stay tuned for more details in the meantime.

https://gamingbolt.com/the-division-...ve-matchmaking

Comment

• Sword & Sworcery-like 'Mable and The Wood' lands on Xbox and PC soon

Mable and The Wood looks rather unique.

At Windows Central, we try to showcase interesting games from "AAA" and smaller developers. Today, we came across a title called "Mable and The Wood." The game is coming to Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch this summer. Mable and The Wood requires you to hunt down massive beasts and shapeshift into their forms. However, you can use your newfound powers to either save or destroy the world. According to the developer, "players with less violent intent can find secret paths to complete Mable without killing anything, including bosses." Unlike traditional Metroidvania games, Mable and The Wood doesn't allow you to run, jump, or kill on your own. You have to assume non-human forms in order to attack enemies and traverse the environment.

Mable and The Wood features a simple graphical presentation, but the color palate helps it stand out. In many ways, it looks like Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP from Capybara Games. If it tells a compelling story, the developer may have a hit on its hands.

Some of the main features you can expect in Mable and The Wood are listed below.
              • Free reign: Players are free to make decisions on how they play and who they kill.
              • Combat movement: Mable isn't strong enough to lift her magical sword, so she must use it in unique ways to help move through the world.
              • Hunt great beasts: Defeat great beasts to take their abilities and transform into a giant mole, Medusa, spider, and more.
              • Multiple endings: Mable features different routes to take through the world and secrets to discover that provide players with multiple endings.
              Are you excited for Mable and The Wood? Let us know.

https://www.windowscentral.com/sword...ox-and-pc-soon

Comment

• scottvxr
                scottvxr commented
                Editing a comment
                I love Mable......anyone else?......must be Na Na Cherry 🍒
            Working...
            X