• Blaze_ATX
      Blaze_ATX commented
      Editing a comment
      😎💚😉💚

:)

• Nitfol
      Nitfol commented
      Editing a comment
      As someone still using the Xbox One (launch day edition), I am amazed how well Gears 5 scales on the older machine. Gears 5 feels as much a jump in graphics as the original Gears 1. I did not think this level of detail, fluidity and AA would have been possible on Xbox One. I'll hopefully get a Scarlett when it launches but Microsoft have shown their latest games still run well on older hardware - nobody gets left behind.

• :)

Comment

• Gears 5 Is the First Game to Dethrone Fortnite As the Most-Played Game on Xbox Live in Over a Year

An epic launch.

Fortnite has been on top of the world for a long, long time now. It’s claim to being the most popular game in the world as things stand right now remains undisputed, and since the summer of 2018, it has constantly been on top of the weekly charts for Xbox Live’s most played games. However, as spotted by a user on ResetEra, that run has come to an end.

Currently, Gears 5 is the most played game on Xbox Live, and has become the first game in over a year to dethrone Fortnite. To be more specific, this is Gears 5’s Ultimate Edition we’re talking about here, which has been available since September 5th. It’s a very impressive feat for a number of reasons. For starters, dethroning Fortnite in and of itself is an impressive accomplishment. Then there’s the fact that Gears 5 seems to have its player count split across two versions on a technicality.

The achievement becomes that much more impressive when you think of the major releases in the last few months that have been unable to dethrone Fortnite. The likes of Red Dead Redemption 2, Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, Forza Horizon 4, Battlefield 5, and Apex Legends – to name just a few – all were unable to knock Fortnite off the perch. Gears 5 being available via Game Pass is sure to have helped- but then again, Apex Legends is a free-to-play title, and it couldn’t do what Gears 5 has done. This is almost certainly going to be a temporary thing, but it’s still quite impressive.

Gears 5 is out now for Xbox One and PC. Make sure to check out our review through here to see just how much we liked it (we liked it quite a bit). Also read our in-depth technical analysis to see how we arrived at the conclusion that this is one of the best looking games ever made.

https://gamingbolt.com/gears-5-is-th...in-over-a-year

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
        Blaze_ATX commented
        Editing a comment
        It's also currently number one in UK, Mexico, Canada, Spain, Germany, France, Netherlands, Austria, Brazil, Belgium, Italy and Australia. 😎

Last edited by Blaze_ATX; 09-11-2019, 12:21 PM.

• BadCeeJay1975
        BadCeeJay1975 commented
        Editing a comment
        It really amazes me how they still manage to sell a LOT of copies of their games with GamePass being such a brilliant proposition.

• Blaze_ATX
        Blaze_ATX commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup, and the most impressive thing is it's the ultimate edition that is number one in a lot of places. 😎

Comment

• angryguy77
        angryguy77 commented
        Editing a comment
        The damage control on era is fantastic. "But" must be the word of the day over there lol.

• Blaze_ATX
        Blaze_ATX commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, some pony's are having trouble with this news and they are spending extra time trying to down play this, but like always they are failing miserably. 🤣🤣🤣🤣It's hilarious seeing them trying so hard.🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Blaze_ATX
        Blaze_ATX commented
        Editing a comment
        Just wait until Halo Infinite drop on game-pass, the numbers that Halo will pull off are going to be insane, pony's will be furious.🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last edited by Blaze_ATX; 09-11-2019, 05:14 PM.

• Hammtweezy2192
        Hammtweezy2192 commented
        Editing a comment
        Selling 60 dollar copies is great. However getting millions of additional subscriptions to gamepass, many of which will last for months or stay permanently is what Microsoft wanted. Instead of 60 dollars in one shot they double it in a year for the same game. Plus many will keep the subscription for the foreseeable future.

• Official Sea of Thieves Content Update: Smuggler's Fortune

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
        Blaze_ATX commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok, I need to buy the parrot and monkey now, they look awesome.

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
        Blaze_ATX commented
        Editing a comment
        And when Halo Infinite drop in on game-pass it will be a super mega hit and the numbers of subscribers will.be off the charts. RIP servers...😎

• Nitfol
        Nitfol commented
        Editing a comment
        If Microsoft continue to populate Game Pass with games like this, I will certainly be keeping the Game Pass subscription going.

• Misterx
        Misterx commented
        Editing a comment
        Got game pass ultimate for 20$ for 3 month and very happy. Its a still for me who play rare and who stick go MS blockbusters only. Now i see a plan. :)

• Direct X-Static
        Direct X-Static commented
        Editing a comment
        @ MR. X

Yep, for many of us the Game Pass model makes a lot more sense now. Playing games like I use to is just not an option for me any longer and now I have access to many games I would not otherwise try, while keeping up to date on all the MS exclusives I prefer to play!

• RIP servers! 😎

Comment

• One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 - Welcome to Wano Country

Comment

• Trials Rising: Biggest Trials Ever | Live Action Trailer

Comment

• Project Resistance Teaser

Comment

• Cyberpunk 2077 — Official E3 2019 Cinematic Trailer | Behind the Scenes

Comment

Working...
              X