No announcement yet.

Main Thread & News Stream. Xbox Infinity [276]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dutch , your assumption is correct and so is mr x, and mister c and others, the xbox one was meant to be online from day 1 which would of activated the cloud features years ago, so we will finally get what was promised over time when they can get everyone to accept a always online console and people who own a xbox one will finally accept this at the end of the console life in order to extend the consoles life and breathe fresh new power into it. It would of been nice if the fuck tards didnt cause a stink and force ms to change the system and remove all the always online feature which caused all the secret sauce to be put in the backround only to be reintroduced later . You cant use the cloud to power your games and console unless its always online and the pony fuck tards ripped us to death because of this but now love it when sony needs it as well.. So for the xbox fam to put this power to full use it has to be online and thats coming for all consoles

Comment

• Direct X-Static
      Direct X-Static commented
      Editing a comment
      They really did screw things up for us Xbox fans.

• This is why Sony have gone onboard with MS Azure.

FULL SCENE Ray Tracing "VIA" CLOUD.

We have already seen older demos of NVIDIA and offloading lighting (Something funny enough MS said they could have offloaded when originally announcing the XB1) however there would have been no way Sony could have competed with this.

Knowing AMD's position with MS and AZURE and the future will be offloading Full Raytracing (Because the Cloud can do the heavy calculations and rays and just has to send back the result, low B/W requirement) I also agree that it makes 'more' sense that MS would be going with the Next Gen RDNA with the H/W Raytracing hardware.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ray_Tracing.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	210.7 KB
ID:	48271

Comment

• mistercteam
      mistercteam commented
      Editing a comment
      indeed G

• Riz
      Riz commented
      Editing a comment
      Real Time Ray Tracing. Is that what xbox team said?

• BadCeeJay1975
      BadCeeJay1975 commented
      Editing a comment
      Riz Going way back to before the X1 was released MrC found some photos of X1 test boards running amongst other things real time ray tracing tests was also evidence or running 2 4K streams and a hive or cluster of X1s running some machine learning :) We already saw the 4K upscaling come to the S, there is now evidence coming out about the ray tracing. We are also starting to see MS beginning to move towards the local cloud infrastructure where local X1s around your own house and local area can work together as one to do various tasks :)

• scottvxr
      scottvxr commented
      Editing a comment
      This is the main reason why X1X sucks from the side and exhausts from the back....for developers to be able to stack multiple consoles. As stated by one of the Microsoft team as I remember😎.....now why would you go to the trouble of designing such a console? Go figure 😃.

• scottvxr
      scottvxr commented
      Editing a comment
      Question: given the choice would you share your home network to add to the Xclouds connectivity?

• BadCeeJay1975
      BadCeeJay1975 commented
      Editing a comment
      scottvxr it depends what's in it for me! :)

I hope it works something like the free wifi hotspot feature I have with my ISP BT (British Telecom). If you opt-in to the scheme it allows you to connect wirelessly to any other participating BT router. For me to opt in I have to open my router up to any other BT user in the scheme to connect to. It's all secure so I cannot see who is connecting through my router. If they do something similar with Xcloud then I am in!

• Misterx
      Misterx commented
      Editing a comment
      xCloud is not for me...have no much time to play and if i have that time i want cofmy couch and best immersion.

• scottvxr
      scottvxr commented
      Editing a comment
      BadCeeJay1975 I'm with Virgin and have a super hub 3 which I'm more that sure gives a WiFi hotspot automatically unless you disable it in the setting. Mind you though I live on a busy street near a town and I do get some random WiFi surfers stopping outside in their cars🤣. But yes Agreed I'm In😎.

• OrionWolf
      OrionWolf commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, the "only thing" to calculate is the intersections, there's no visual aspects to this, you're not sending huge amounts of data. CPU would be the perfect candidate for this, especially something like Zen 3 with 3t - the industry used CPUs over GPUs for this for a long time for a reason. They can do it brute force or use special purpose accelerators for this, there are quite a few videos from Doug Burger and his stance on special purpose HW vs CPUs/GPUs.

In regards to sharing my home network. Well, currently it's not the best, but with 5g on the horizon, than possibly, if they give something else in return that is.
      Last edited by OrionWolf; 06-12-2019, 03:02 PM.

• BadCeeJay1975
      BadCeeJay1975 commented
      Editing a comment
      I probably won't use Xcloud enough to warrant a long term subscription to it but would opt-in and use it from time to time if I can use it for free. If Xcloud does gain traction then I can see a lot more variety of games in the "quick fix" category coming to the store. I wouldn't want to play a lot of the normal games I play on a small screen but would definitely play more things like puzzle games or stuff like Advance Wars, Into The Breach or Pokémon where you can dip in here and there if you only have 10 minutes or so. Right now, Switch is getting all of those types of games and I would imagine currently there wouldn't really be the market for them on Xbox, Xcloud would change all that.

• Direct X-Static
      Editing a comment
      MS knew what DX12 was going to be doing when they built the XB1, which is why they stated that DX12 was baked into the GPU's of both the XB1 and 1X!

• Just remember MS plan was for Every Xbox One to have an extra 3 Xbox One's in the Cloud (that would have been 4x the power of one system) let's not forget this.

Now think of who is AMD partnering with for this Game Streamkng and Cloud Ray tracing.... MS Azure Cloud.

If the future is Ray tracing in the Cloud.. With MS wouldn't it make sense that the Hardware Ray tracing was developed With MS... The same people doing Ray tracing testing on the original Xbox One.

Now think if they have dedicated Ray tracing hardware, that hardware would also be used in the Cloud for what AMD has said.

So to think the same Ray tracing hardware would be in MS new Xbox.

Not that hard to expect when everything points back to MS

G

Comment

• OrionWolf
      OrionWolf commented
      Editing a comment
      Who made an API for RT for Nnvidia? Who had RT test since 2013? Who has multiple projects and conferences where they talk about not just RT, but a myriad of tech that can be leveraged for the cloud.

I stated this a billion times by now, and I do apologies for spamming this, but economics of scale play a major role here. How do you subsidize the cost of technology the most efficient way?

You buy huge quantities for your servers and thanks to that you can have HW that would be unreasonably high priced (quite beyond $500 - and that's according to everyone before MS confirmed HW RT, so yeah lol) for the console space. Moreover what if you help someone develop tech that could be applied across other platforms (mobile and Windows)?

Yet again if Sony has HW RT, why aren't they saying anything now? They clearly wanted for the ps5 to be in the spotlight before e3 and after. There is a reason why they kept on giving more info the closer to e3 we got. So why don't they take the spotlight back, by saying they have HW RT as well?

• Direct X-Static
      Editing a comment
      It's too bad MS got screwed by a bunch of whiny fans whose only concern was Always Online, when we could have had all the extra processing via the cloud this whole generation. That's okay though... I've enjoyed the games they made regardless and now my console is going to continue to evolve even after the launch of Scarlett!

• I use
    un_lock_hart as meme

almost all upcoming AAA games suddenly native 4K on X1X
    this is #un_lock_hart indeed

Comment

• I don't know about flipping the switch and using the cloud to make things better. If CD3 had worked the way we thought, then I'd be more neutral on the possibilities. I do believe we will get there, but I'm just not they're there just yet.
    I don't think MS is going to axe the S model, but I do think they might stop selling the x. So we'll have S, LH, and Anaconda as their line.

Comment

• Direct X-Static
      Editing a comment
      It's healthy to remain skeptical and I respect your opinion, Angryguy, but if our observations (see post #161) are correct then Lockhart is actually the code name for unlocking the extra layer on the XB1 SOC and the 1X's DX12 HW as well. It appears that these new HW features are related to processing the types of workloads that ray tracing requires and that means the 1X is here to stay alongside the XB1. We think there's an early version of an RCC in the XB1, a more advanced version of it in 1X, and the version that is coming in 7nm+ for PC and Scarlett. I assume that AMD and MS have been working together towards HW-accelerated ray tracing for close to a decade now by fundamentally changing the way GPU's behave. MS beta tested in the future with XB1!

CD3 was also the first attempt at anything being cloud enhanced. Cloudgine was developed at the same time as the game was and I doubt Epic bought it if their was no value in the technology, but you're right about us not being there yet. In the meantime, xCloud is now capable of sending the entire game from the cloud to any device and with impressive results, which means that physics, lighting, etc., can be too.

TBH, Angryguy, it seems as though MS has been flipping the switch slowly for the last 6 years already... it's just now that the lights are finally coming on. I found it particularly odd that MS has been consistently rumored to be working on two next gen consoles and now they won't talk about anything but Scarlett as a singular next gen console, and Mr. C pointed out the video of the SoC from E3 this year was from the 1X. To further my point, when MS launched the 1X they said that their consoles were "iterative" instead of generational which (to me anyways) means that the 1X was designed to upgrade over time. It would be silly to come out with an entirely new architecture for the 1X just to abandon it a few years later. Imo, Sony's Pro upgrade with dual GPU's is a perfect example of the way disposable consoles are designed.

• Akita Ainu
      Akita Ainu commented
      Editing a comment
      I wonder if Lockhart will be a digital only version of the X.

• As per usual the internet is declaring that winners or e3 has MS at the bottom....there is no way in blue hell is MS ever going to be top 3 when it comes to e3 press conferences...the internet would allow no such thing, the fanboys are rampant to ensure that conversation is taboo....

so I had me thinking...that Sony is praised for having great single player story driven narrative games....and by all means they are right and we all love em for it...we cheer them on

Nintendo is great and being spunky and innovative when it comes to portable gaming and being original with a not so much focus on pushing SOCs and making beats hardware...and we cheer them on and love them for it...

then we have xbox which is so great and delivery online experiences and multiplayer games...willing to push graphic phildeli and still flirting with being innovative and testing the waters with technology and trying to build an ecosystem Like Xcloud...creating connectivity and broadening the horizon to gamers no matter the device...but all they get is flack from all corners of the Internet

why is that Nintendo and Sony are allowed to be good at what they do but for some reason xbox cant have it's own identity..it must be exactly like Sony.. it must have great single player games it must be all about AAA games..it must Sell as much as all the other consoles...it must not exist because all we want is a Playstation clone... that does the exact same thing Sony does . then we will still hate it for being a carbon copy and tell them we dont want it so just leave the gaming space ....like WTF? I seriously dont get it

All Microsoft do is halo gears and forza and we hate it says the Sony fanboys.... oh no halo again I hate MS

All Nintendo do is Mario Mario cart zelda and yoshi...oh and how we Sony fans and Nintendo fans love em ....Mario again from since the 80's and OMG Mario is so awesome cant wait for a new Mario game....oh the hypocrisy

isn't it better to have 3 types of consoles that have their own identity doing different things for different consumers?
    according to Sony fanboys the answer answer...they only want 2 to be different and the other to be a clone so they can hate on it and beg it to leave gaming alone...

it's so much fun to hate xbox...all the articles that get the most traffic is about xbox..whether positive or negative the fanboys will rush to comment and remind everybody just how better a rival console is... and how superior they are because they have the best and anything else anybody says is just outright wrong and unjustified

I understand now that I was influenced by how bias the internet was towards my console of choice xbox despite me having the ps4 pro as well...they made it seemed like guilty, foolish pleasure to own an xbox...

but I get it Phil, gaming is not about doing what the competition does better, but about doing what your good at better.. and you guys are much better at building the ecosystem to keep gaming relevant and widespread to as many as possible through the best infrastructure of xbox live and cloud services.. so to the idea of building the Netflix of gaming I say "HELL FUCKING YES", let's do it, am all for paying to play more than 100 games a month with a new exclusive entering every 3 months for a low monthly fee of 14$ for xbox live and gamepass... I am a competitive player and xbox love gives me the most satisfaction to my gaming needs with multiplayer games and gives me a nice balance to social interactivity with friends and community players.

and when I feel the need to play great single player driven games I will have a playstation

and when I feel the need to play mobile games on a handheld I will have Nintendo

P.s. sorry for the long post but wanted to Express my thoughts fully!!!!

Last edited by kolanji; 06-12-2019, 04:32 PM.

Comment

• Direct X-Static
      Editing a comment
      Well said, Kolanji.

Flip the coin over though and Sony is bending a knee to MS by using cloud streaming services, allowing crossplay support, and making PS5 BC. Nintendo allows XBL accounts, achievements, and is also rumored to be working with MS for streaming content. They're both becoming more like MS just like MS is making themselves into a competitive 1st party developer.

Besides, MS didn't need to show their new games yet just like they didn't need to last year. They'll be going toe-to-toe next year with a Sony who took a year off and they'll need to have tons of new games to show if they want to make a good impression!

• kolanji
      kolanji commented
      Editing a comment
      @Direct X-Static
      well said bro...very great insight

• Leave it to Dealer to ease some worried minds. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdysCILnxUw&t=0s

Comment

• XboxOneFan
      XboxOneFan commented
      Editing a comment
      Good catch Diehard!

• https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=5qU6ALEzAD8

Digital Foundry breakdown of the halo infinite E32019 video
    Last edited by kolanji; 06-13-2019, 01:10 AM.

Comment

• Direct X-Static
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like 343 is using a hybrid form of ray tracing... where have I heard that before? Good video though; lots of good analysis and tons of detail I'd have otherwise missed!

• mistercteam
      mistercteam commented
      Editing a comment
      can you point at which time/point stated that

• Direct X-Static
      Editing a comment
      At around 11:30 he says that there aren't any obvious signs of ray tracing. He points to the shadow on the character's neck and cites undersampling issues and ambient occlusion as well to support this. However, at 12:20 he says he had doubts in the scene where Chiefs' suit reflects off the wall.

I don't know, Mr. C, it just sounded like some scenes supported it while other scenes did not. In reviewing the video, perhaps I misunderstood his analysis though.

• gamer nexus side note always inline (below image on sl1)
    https://www.gamersnexus.net/news-pc/3481-amd-navi-rx-5700-xt-specs-overclocking-architecture …

7+ for RDNA 2.0/NG RDNA

last year slide also correct

of course in regards of anything Sony
    forum/mod/claim insider will keep adding feat to suit and muddy the water

Last edited by mistercteam; 06-13-2019, 05:01 AM.

Comment

• and more from overclock3d
      AMD own word
      basically also denied PS5 will have it
      as we know PS5 is based on Navi 10

https://www.overclock3d.net/news/gpu...on_with_rdna/1

Comment

• Direct X-Static
        Editing a comment
        "It has been confirmed that both the next-generation Xbox and PlayStation will support hardware accelerated Ray Tracing, which will come as part of custom SOCs which are being developed by AMD."

LOL! Why are these people journalists if they don't know what they're writing about?

• mistercteam
        mistercteam commented
        Editing a comment
        indeed DirectX, the forum will get wrong impression, unless they combined with other slide

• A side note, but somehow there's a rumor on Era (supposedly from Ledbetter) that Sony were planning on using Jaguars in the ps5😅

EDIT: https://www.resetera.com/threads/nex...#post-21821643
      Last edited by OrionWolf; 06-13-2019, 12:14 PM.

Comment

• OrionWolf
        OrionWolf commented
        Editing a comment
        That would have been catastrophic for everyone.

• Riz
        Riz commented
        Editing a comment
        Did he got banned after that?

• mistercteam
        mistercteam commented
        Editing a comment
        haha probably as the die size is just 255-260 for PS5

• mistercteam
        mistercteam commented
        Editing a comment
        but probably Jaguar with Z2 component or maybe actually the vega rumor is
        PS5 1st design supposed tobe Jag + Vega

• OrionWolf
        OrionWolf commented
        Editing a comment
        Riz I've seen a forum member mentioning him as a source, but the fact that he didn't get banned does imply at some point Sony actually thought of that😅
    Working...
    X