No announcement yet.

Main Thread & News Stream. Xbox Infinity [276]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What make ERA think ps5 use hbm2+ddr4?

Comment

• OrionWolf
      Editing a comment
      Reddit "leaker" and a new patent they've found ... funny thing is that there's a similar patent on MS side, with stacked memory.

• Microsoft: Playing pirated Halo: Reach beta could get you permanently banned

It's probably best to avoid it.

The Halo: Reach beta rolled out to less than a thousand people a few days ago, but that hasn't stopped it from leaking out. Pirated versions can be found all over the internet, allowing anyone to play a selection of the game. Microsoft is aware of this problem and has promised to crack down on offenders.

Today, Community Support and Engagement Coordinator at 343 Industries Tyler Davis said that those who play the pirated beta will be banned. David added, "If you download or play this illegal copy, we have the right to ban all associated accounts and remove you from all current or future... programs." The beta only contains one mission and is currently just to test out delivery methods.

If your account is banned, it means that you lose access to all your digital purchases as well. Since many gamers use the same account for Xbox One and the Microsoft Store on Windows 10, a ban can be quite devastating. Hopefully, those pirating the game will keep this in mind.

https://www.windowscentral.com/micro...nned-xbox-live

:)

Comment

• Direct X-Static
      Editing a comment
      Good, if you want to play pirated software... stick to playing Sea of Thieves!

;P

• angryguy77
      Editing a comment
      I don't like how they can take away everything you've already bought and paid for. That seems like theft to me and maybe they need to have a more visible disclaimer that you don't really own the product you are buying.
      I struggle to think of any other product that you buy where the merchant can take other things that are not associated with the TOS infraction.

I've a feeling this is going to go to court at some point.

• Direct X-Static
      Editing a comment
      Oh, it's being SOLD illegally online? I thought it was simply being shared by thieves.

On the bright side, they don't say that they will ban you, but that they have the right to. I'm sure not everyone playing it will get perma-banned and it's likely to be on a case by case basis. We shall see.

• :)

Comment

• Bloodstained Is Brilliant - But What's Up With The Switch Port?

Comment

• Microsoft has released the Xbox IP 'Alan Wake' to Remedy Entertainment

Despite a strong cult following, Microsoft didn't see an opportunity for Alan Wake 2 to make a decent return on investment. Remedy Entertainment has now acquired full ownership of the IP, opening up the possibility for Alan Wake to return.

One of Microsoft's biggest missed opportunities can be found in the Alan Wake IP. The horror-thriller title with nods to the likes of Twin Peaks and Silent Hill wasn't a huge hit in its first outing but amassed a dedicated cult following when it launched back on the Xbox 360. Microsoft declined to fund a sequel, sadly, owing to the fact the original game sold only around 3 million copies.

GI.Biz is reporting that Remedy, known for Quantum Break, Max Payne, and the upcoming sci-fi action game Control, has acquired the rights to the Alan Wake IP from Microsoft, meaning that they can now publish the game for themselves. Previously, all publishing rights to Alan Wake belonged to Microsoft, preventing a sequel from being made.

Alan Wake followed the tale of a writer, struggling to pen his next best-seller. In an attempt to gain some fresh perspective and inspiration, he travels to the sleepy town of Bright Falls for a relaxing vacation with his wife. Things quickly turn south, however, with supernatural phenomena, possessed crazed townfolk, and endless nightfall thrusting Alan Wake on a desperate search for his wife, who has gone missing. Disturbingly, it seems as though pages from a horror story he can't recall writing, are also becoming true.

Alan Wake had evocative visuals and polished combat for its time, but failed to meet Microsoft's expectations for returns, perhaps owing to lengthy development cycle and pretty high-profile marketing campaign. Alan Wake 2 had been in development, but Microsoft declined to fund it. Remedy instead built Quantum Break, which similarly failed to meet Microsoft's expectations.

It's my belief that with proper nurturing and sequels, both Quantum Break and Alan Wake could have grown into pillar IP for Microsoft, but Microsoft seems to find single-player narrative games to be too big of a risk in today's multiplayer-service-heavy times. Hopefully, with Remedy back in the driving seat, Alan Wake can find its true potential with another publisher in the future.

Remedy is currently working on Control set for debut on August 27, 2019, which is a supernatural action game with some awesome-looking superpowers and destructible environments.

https://www.windowscentral.com/micro...e-remedy-games

:(

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
          Editing a comment
          Remedy will do a remaster of the first one and if it sell well then maybe they will do a sequel. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited by Blaze_ATX; 07-01-2019, 02:38 PM.

• angryguy77
          Editing a comment
          This is inexcusable. This IP had some massive potential to be something way bigger than it was.
          As much as I love what MS has done of late, there are things that make me wonder if they've really shed their skin entirely. Phil talks about "blah blah blah we understand the need for story driven games" but then lets one like this just go?

Hello phil...maybe this would've been a good game to resurrect and see if another studio wanted it? Would be a good a good project for a smaller team to work on and take some years to perfect. Naw, forget that, we have games where freaking deer need to survive a post apocalypse world smh. We've also got to make sure people don't say mean things on Live too. Priorities I'm sure.

I'm all about the co-op and MP games, but you know, a good story driven SP with fun gameplay is needed.
          Last edited by angryguy77; 07-01-2019, 03:25 PM.

• Blaze_ATX
          Editing a comment
          Microsoft is not the owner of the IP, remedy studio own the IP, Microsoft only had the publishing rights of the game but they decide to give the rights back to remedy and that make perfect sense for Microsoft, both IP's from remedy studios Alan Wake and Quantum Break they were not a commercial success for them, so i prefer Microsoft focus their investment on new IP's, rather to try with IP's that could end up being a commercial flop like Alan Wake or Quantum Break.

Last edited by Blaze_ATX; 07-01-2019, 04:04 PM.

• angryguy77
          Editing a comment
          They held the publishing rights meaning the game goes nowhere without their say.
          I get some games may flop, but that doesn't mean you just let potential go.
          Halo 4 and 5 were not loved by the base as much as the previous 3, so MS went back and worked to make it better.

SOD 2 flopped, yet they're probably going to make a 3rd.

QB wasn't a success although that's another type of game that could improve and be better. I can't hold them accountable for a game that didn't do as well as they hoped when the system wasn't selling very well. Exclusves only usually sell to 5-7% of the install base anyway, so sales were never going to be that great on a system that most likely hadn't even reached 10 million by the time that game released.

I cannot defend MS on this when it's clear that they are letting franchises go that could be something great. It's moves like this that make me wonder just how connected Phil is to us gamers. I don't want an MS that looks at short term only, that doesn't benefit us as gamers. Mr. X talks about the MBA's at MS and this has the stank of a decision made by bean counters all over it.

The one thing we all need to understand is Sony will have better online service now that they're migrating to Azure. MS cannot just bank on MP being the distinguishing advantage they have over sony. I'm no sony fan, never owned one in my life. I fully understand they are just out for a buck like any other business. However, I would bet had they owned the rights to these games you would see sequels.

• Blaze_ATX
          Editing a comment
          That's why i said that i prefer Microsoft invest on new IP's from their own studios (15 and counting) rather to give millions to a second or third party studios to create one.

Last edited by Blaze_ATX; 07-01-2019, 04:35 PM.

• Direct X-Static
          Editing a comment
          I agree, Blaze, MS is investing in new IP. If MS doesn't want to invest in it themselves, allowing Remedy to do what they want with the game is the right thing to do for the fans. MS knows the fans want it, that Remedy wants to make it, but doesn't want to fund it themselves so they let it go. MS wants people to play games, even if they aren't theirs, and that's pretty cool in my book. I liked it, and it has the potential to be a great series for me, but I don't care if Alan Wake 2 ends up on PS4 in addition to Xbox, PC, xCloud, etc. as long as it gets made. Looks like now it will!

• angryguy77
          Editing a comment
          Directx-static...........I'd rather it not be on the ps5, not because I want to have a list war, but I'd rather have the next xbox get the full attention of the dev.
          That is probably the biggest benefit of having an exclusive. Now what happens if sony comes in and buys the rights? We're then screwed on won't be playing it. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised of remedy is bought out by sony.
          Look at TitanFall. Campaign was very good by the MP lost some luster. You don't give up good games with the potential these games had.

I get that they want to make new IP's, but that doesn't mean they could do this as well.

Look guys, I'm all for the xbox, but we have to call a spade a spade. This was a bad move. I remember when they stopped buying advertising rights to COD etc and everyone thought that is was smart. Turns out it kind of hurt them.

• Blaze_ATX
          Editing a comment
          angryguy77

I understand your point but it make zero sense to give millions of dollars to a third party studio to create an IP that could end up being a flop, the third party developer has nothing to lose but Microsoft has a lot to lose in these type of deals, besides money. Take for example: Crackdown 3, Sunset Overdrive and Scalebound, but i agree that Microsoft need to be more aggressive in getting marketing deals without content exclusivity to the platform, that bullshit practice need to stop for any platform.

Last edited by Blaze_ATX; 07-01-2019, 07:52 PM.

• Halo Outpost Discovery set to bring Halo to life in Orlando this week

Fans of Halo will have a chance to immerse themselves in the franchise at Halo Outpost Discovery this week. The event debuts in Orlando from July 5 to July 7 and gives fans a chance to play Halo Reach on a gaming PC and go to a variety of themed attractions. CLX's Director of Marketing, Jorge Percival, said "Halo Outpost Discovery blurs the line between fantasy and reality, giving Halo fans a unique experience and taste of what being in their favorite game is like."

The event comes from a partnership between CLX and Microsoft. CLX is known for its gaming computers, and fans of the franchise will get to play Halo Reach for the first time on a CLX gaming computer at the event.

Halo Outpost Discovery is at Orange County Convention Center from July 5 to July 7. There will be additional events in Philadelphia from July 19 to July 21, Chicago from August 2 to August 4, Houston from August 16 to August 18, and Anaheim from August 30 to September 1.

https://www.windowscentral.com/halo-...e-orlando-week

Comment

• Grand Theft Auto 6 details allegedly leak, inspired by Netflix's Narcos

The leaks begin.

Grand Theft Auto V is regarded as one of the best games ever made and has sold more than 100 million copies to retailers. Despite the fact that Rockstar's latest venture, Red Dead Redemption 2, is available on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, fans of the franchise want to know when they can get their hands on Grand Theft Auto VI.

According to a report by GamesRadar+, an interesting leak has surfaced on Reddit which could have some credibility. As always, take this with a grain of salt until we receive official confirmation. We've summarized the main points below.
          • Grand Theft Auto VI has been in development since 2012.
          • It's called "Project Americas" at the moment.
          • It takes place in Vice City and an unnamed Brazilian city.
          • It's not as realistic as Red Dead Redemption 2.
          • The game starts off around 1970 and you have to work your way up a drug cartel.
          • Weather is a major part of the game.
          • The buildings, economy, and vehicles change over the course of the game.
          • For example, weapons and other items will become more expensive as time goes on.
          • There are a number of characters and you follow the story from the perspective of the police and criminals.
          • The police sections are a lot like L.A. Noire while the criminal sections require you to build your empire in a sandbox fashion.
          • It's apparently inspired by Netflix's Narcos which deals with the Colombian drug trade.
          • It's only coming to PlayStation 5 and Microsoft's "Project Scarlett."
          • The game may launch between 2021 to 2023.
          Hopefully, the leak is real and the game will be as spectacular as it sounds. However, only time will tell. Given that it's allegedly targeting next-generation machines, maybe the frame rate will be 60 frames per second this time around.

https://www.windowscentral.com/grand...etflixs-narcos

Comment

• Direct X-Static
            Editing a comment
            •It's only coming to PlayStation 5 and Microsoft's Xbox family of devices.

Fixed!
            Hopefully the rest of the leak is true though because it sounds awesome.

• hasmeh
            Editing a comment
            This sounds quite tasty! :)

• xboxfandev
            Editing a comment
            Here in Brazil we have a case of drugs apprehended in a presidential plane, so it will be awesome if true.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/26/w...aine-bust.html

• PlayStation's Talent Acquisition Lead Fiona Cherbak joins Xbox Game Studios

Building up the teams.

Over the past few years, Microsoft has doubled its first-party studios by acquiring renowned developers like Double Fine Productions, inXile Entertainment, and Obsidian Entertainment. However, the company hasn't stopped there. In order to staff these teams with the best programmers out there, Microsoft has hired Sony Interactive Entertainment's Talent Acquisition Lead. The news was first spotted by Jack of All Controllers.

According to LinkedIn, Fiona Cherbak worked for Sony from 2015 to 2019, and just started her new role as Talent Acquisition Lead at Xbox Game Studios today. Talent acquisition is an important area in the gaming industry because by assembling the right team, you can create magical experiences. For example, Cherbak was responsible for staffing Sony Santa Monica which made God of War. We all know how that turned out.

At Xbox Game Studios, she's currently working on staffing The Initiative. The Initiative is another studio that's been tasked with creating God of War-like experiences. Hopefully, getting the right team together will result in Xbox One, "Project Scarlett," and Windows 10 games of the highest quality. However, only time will tell. It's definitely exciting to see Cherbak bring her expertise to Microsoft.

https://www.windowscentral.com/plays...x-game-studios

Comment

• Direct X-Static
            Editing a comment
            Oh my, that's another great move by MS! They're going to need her too because they're not done acquiring studios or talent for the ones they currently have.

• it is still 1.5 years away for Scarlett and other twist (Boom)

in the mean time
          Xbox Family keep evolving, Keep doing
          the un-lock-hart
          the latest one is 4K native on X1X
          and 1080p on PS4pro

"Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night"
          (link: https://www.windowscentral.com/blood...ion-xbox-one-x) windowscentral.com/bloodstained-r…

Comment

• The Dark Pictures: Man of Medan : Dev Diary #3 - Who is Conrad (Part 2)

Comment

• Cyberpunk 2077 Will Have Three Origin Stories For Protagonist “V”

These Lifepaths will offer different starting locations and backgrounds.

CD Projekt RED’s Cyberpunk 2077 will see players creating their own character V in Night City. From there, you embark on quests and make decisions (hopefully the right ones since there’s no morality system) and build yourself up. However, along with customizing V’s look, players will have the option to tailor his backstory.

Speaking to lead quest designer Paweł Sasko after E3 2019, VG247 learned that there are three origin stories that players can choose from. These are referred to as “Lifepaths” by the developer. “The player in Cyberpunk 2077 can create a custom character that has one of three origin stories, that we call lifepaths: you can be Nomad, Corpo or Street Kid.

“Each of that Lifepaths has a different starting location and story background that are strongly connected with the origin story. Anything more I say can reveal too much from the story, so I will leave it like this.”

It seems that Nomad will have players starting out in the Badlands outside of Night City. Perhaps Corpo is about being attached to a megacorporation in question before striking out (or alternatively, carrying on its evil will)? We’ll have to wait and see but a range of origin stories should lend even more replay value to massive RPG.

Cyberpunk 2077 is out on April 16th 2020 for Xbox One, PS4 and PC. It’s one of three major projects in development for the franchise.

https://gamingbolt.com/cyberpunk-207...-protagonist-v

Comment

Comment

• The xCloud Console, Lives (Brad Sams New Video)

Comment

• Direct X-Static
                    Editing a comment
                    I think I know how this is going to work:

Xbox One was always designed for cloud enhanced gaming
                    X1X is the budget next gen console
                    Scarlett is the killer of all consoles

Project Lockhart will unlock both of the X1 family of devices and that's why MS' consoles are iterative.

• HeavesLion
                    Editing a comment
                    Direct X-Static I second that. To be honest I think that what you soy make more sense then What Brad is saying because we already have the box is The Xbox one 2013

• I think it's older news, but I saw some mentioning Sony had been visiting with Remedy and Remedy employees have been seen visiting Naughty Dog studios.
                  Guess we don't have to be too upset given they bought double fine. Psychonaughts has way more potential than QB or Alan Wake SMH.

Comment

• Apex Legends Season 2 - Battle Charge Launch Trailer

Comment

• Cuphead DLC Teaser Trailer: Coming to Xbox One & Windows 10 in 2020!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

• Bleeding Edge Xbox preview: Don't underestimate this badass cyberpunk brawler

Bleeding Edge is an upcoming arena brawler from Ninja Theory, the developers of Hellblade and DmC: Devil May Cry. We got to go hands-on with the game, and speak to one of Bleeding Edge's directors to learn more about this intriguing title.

When Microsoft unveiled Bleeding Edge at E3 2019, it came as a bit of a surprise. Ninja Theory's previous game, Hellblade, won awards for its thoughtful writing, incredible character animation, and superior acting. It seemed only logical that Ninja Theory's next game would be in a similar vein, as a narrative single-player experience, particularly with Microsoft's backing. Instead, we're getting a multiplayer brawler, which takes cues from other team-based games like Overwatch and DOTA, while also standing proud in its own unique space.

There was a bit of a mild backlash to the news, from Ninja Theory fans hoping to see more Hellblade-like games emerge from the studio. I'd argue the backlash is unfounded, as Bleeding Edge seems like it could grow into something damn awesome.

Why Bleeding Edge?

As noted, Bleeding Edge came as a bit of a blindside for those expecting an experience similar to Hellblade, but Bleeding Edge does not single a change of heart for the studio. Talking to Ninja Theory's Rahni Tucker, who leads combat direction on Bleeding Edge, she noted that this was a passion project. Bleeding Edge is led by a smaller team comprised of fans of multiplayer titles, who worked on the third-person combat for titles like DmC: Devil May Cry. The creative lead on Hellblade is working on other projects.

"So [our other team] focus on story-character experiences, but me personally, I'm more interested in building "gamey" games. I really like third-person action combat I wanted to do more of that. But at home, I play like competitive team games in my spare time. But yeah, Ninja Theory has two teams back at the studio, one working away on the type of stuff [fans] might be used to, this is not a change in direction for the studio. There's more than one thing that we're working hard on."

Around 25 developers are currently assigned to Bleeding Edge, which the team has been working on since before Microsoft acquired the studio in 2018. Ninja Theory cited inspirations to us from games like Overwatch, Smite, and even World of Warcraft's PvP arena combat when it comes to Bleeding Edge's gameplay. Visual cues were taken from more vibrant anime styles and also Cannabis Works art reference from Tatsuyuki Tanaka, for its post-modern cyberpunk themes.

The combination of these inspirations and pure Ninja Theory passion has coalesced into something that feels familiar, yet unique in its own right, representing something that with more refinement could evolve into something truly great.

The Bleeding Edge world

Bleeding Edge is set 50 years into the future, where augmentation has become commonplace, albeit controlled by a small handful of pharmaceutical monopolies controlled by a dominating, wealthy elite. "Bleeding Edge" itself draws some comparisons to Fight Club, in the sense that it is a band of misfits and body-hacking enthusiasts from across the globe, united in their purpose to, one day, democratize access to human enhancement technology.

The group's leader, Daemon, is a prolific hacker who sets the gang in motion, after releasing technical data from one of the big corrupt tech companies monopolizing human cybernetics. As the schematics proliferate across the internet, more and more engineers, programmers, and other fringe elements begin banding together, modifying themselves either out of necessity following accidents, or simply because they love it.

Each character has his or her own back story, representing different nationalities from across the world. Kulev is a British Oxford professor who digitized his consciousness and uploaded it into a robot snake, whose abilities and mods thematically represent his academic passion for the occult. Buttercup is a half-woman, half-motorbike cybernetic brawler, whose augments came about following a motorcycle accident. Daemon himself is a graffiti punk and hacker, turned New York City cyborg samurai. Ten fighters have been revealed so far, which two more to come.

While growing up his guerilla forces, the Bleeding Edge test themselves and their enhancements in friendly (albeit violent) combat in custom-built arenas, in gameplay which is as fun as it is gorgeous.

Hands-on with Bleeding Edge gameplay

Bleeding Edge is an arena brawler first and foremost, where players must work together and combine their skill sets to capture points on dynamic, hazard-laden cyberpunk maps. The most striking aspect of Bleeding Edge, quite easily, is the art style, which is perhaps best described as a neon-washed acid trip. The character designs are simply insane, in all the right ways. Each ability seamlessly intertwines thematically with the character designs, too, which is a testament to the small team's attention to detail.

Fans of MOBAs and games like Overwatch will find Bleeding Edge to be immediately familiar, gameplay wise. There are tanks, support classes, and assassin damage dealers, each with a unique niche for excelling in particular situations. There are also ultimate abilities which charge up over time, which can be unleashed to devastating effect. Nidhoggr, a badass Norwegian metal band frontman-turned-brawler can ignite an area with lightning from his guitar, stunning enemies in a wide area, for example.

If timed correctly, you could stun a group of players in the path of an oncoming train, resulting in a multi-insta-kill and a plume of flying viscera. For sure, Bleeding Edge lives up to its namesake when it comes to violence.

Playing as both Nidhoggr and the tanky Buttercup, Bleeding Edge immediately sent me into WoW Arena autopilot mode, trying to peel assassins off our healers and line of sight ranged attacks. There are clear parallels between the experiences, with similar lock-on mechanics, special attacks, and so on. Nidhoggr can ignite groups of players on fire, putting pressure on healers to top off multiple allies, while also staying alive. Kulev by contrast, can heal allies in an area of effect, while cursing enemies with increased damage.

The variety of the character's abilities, the environmental hazards on the maps, and the soft progression system that gives you different types of ability modifiers as you level up should make for a dynamic high-level play while remaining accessible for newcomers. Bleeding Edge also has no microtransactions whatsoever, the in-game currency earned from competing will allow you to unlock soft ability modifiers and passives. Ninja Theory emphasizes that there will never be any "pay-to-win" type systems that affect gameplay, but they still haven't decided how the game will be monetized down the line as of yet.

An intriguing, promising Xbox Game Studios title

The passion of Rahni Tucker and the rest of the Ninja Theory was inspiring when I met up with the team at E3 2019. Clearly Bleeding Edge is a labor of love, with meticulous attention to detail, world building, and visual themes. Where Bleeding Edge may fall flat is in the combat balance and execution, which is delicate to execute well in a 3D brawler, perhaps indicative of why there aren't a huge amount of successful games of this type out there.

Ninja Theory knows that testing will be key, which is why you can sign up to test the game in its early Alpha stages over on the game's website. With no planned launch date as of yet, it seems Ninja Theory have plenty of time to refine and iterate.

Even though Bleeding Edge will launch as a 4v4 multiplayer-only experience, the potential is clear for a broader push into Overwatch-like territory with a wider expanse of story building, merchandising, and beyond. Of course, that all depends on how popular, and well, fun the game is when it launches. Judging from what I've played so far, I'm optimistic that it will be.

https://www.windowscentral.com/bleeding-edge

Last edited by Blaze_ATX; 07-02-2019, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Comment

• Gears 5 - Rod Fergusson Talks 5 NEW Features for Gears 5 (Gears 5 Boot Camp, Escape, Campaign)

Last edited by Blaze_ATX; 07-02-2019, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Comment

• AMD now gives 3 months of Xbox Game Pass for PC with Ryzen CPUs, Radeon cards

Ryzen, Radeon, and Xbox Game Pass for PC are a match made in heaven.

At E3 2019, AMD announced that it would start bundling three free months of Xbox Game Pass for PC with select Ryzen CPUs and Radeon graphics cards, and now that promotion is live. While it will also encompass AMD's new Radeon 5700 GPUs and Ryzen 3000 series chips when they arrive on July 7, the promotion also applies to 15 currently available products across both ranges.

Here's a look at everything eligible for the promotion:

Radeon Ryzen Xbox Games Pass for PC already includes more than 100 titles in its catalog, but that is set to expand in the future with games like Gears 5, Halo Infinite, and Minecraft Dungeons. The subscription service is currently available for a flat $5 per month fee (soon to be $10 per month) and is also part of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, which bundles Xbox Live Gold with Game Pass.

If you're in the market for anything from AMD, then this is a nice perk. You'll be able to redeem your code immediately after your purchase, or you can wait to get the three-month ride until bigger titles like Gears 5 launch on the service later this year.

https://www.windowscentral.com/amd-n...s-radeon-cards

Comment

• OrionWolf
                                      Editing a comment
                                      And let me guess, people think MS gets nothing out of this kind of deal?

• Top Gear Has Arrived in Forza Horizon 4!

Comment

Working...
                                  X