Main Thread & News Stream. Xbox Infinity [276]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main Thread & News Stream. Xbox Infinity [276]

Do you believe Xbox 1st party studios will be good with their games?
    Yes, there will be a lot of 9s games
    93.10%
    No, there will be mostly 7s games for game pass
    6.90%

LOL. T10 has hijacked the poll.

Comment

• Misterx
      Misterx commented
      Editing a comment
      T10 is banned.

That was me :) Sorry. I don't see that the other way..with the way MBA do business.

• Panda
      Panda commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for banning him. And, I think the new studios will give great results. If you look at the developers MS has acquired over on Metacritic, their overall average scores are pretty good.

• Misterx
      Misterx commented
      Editing a comment
      I think everybody who go to work for MS now is going for money and to relax.Most of the AAA talents try to avoid MS at any cost.

Only PlaygroundGames is an exeption. All others MS 1st party do high budget shit nowdays(even Turn 10 - i cant play Forxa anymore due to lame design of the game)

All new aqusitions do shit too - they were near bamkrupts before aquisitions and MS was their only way to go. IF you at near bankrupticy you are shit. and that could not be changed fast in one game.

• Blaze_ATX
      Blaze_ATX commented
      Editing a comment
      @Misterx

Respectfully disagree,

"AAA talents try to avoid MS at any cost"

Sorry this is wrong, all Microsoft studios are hiring top tier talent, specially The Initiative.

"All new aqusitions do shit too"

Sorry, but no, Hellblade by Ninja Theory sold very well and this game was made by 20 people and since Microsoft acquisition they are growing to 150+ people.

"IF you at near bankrupticy you are shit. and that could not be changed fast in one game."

Again, disagree with you in this one too, any studio can change and be successful.

:)
      Last edited by Blaze_ATX; 06-09-2019, 08:51 AM.

• Panda
      Panda commented
      Editing a comment
      Misterx You realize all corporations are in it for money right? Whether it be Sony, MS or Nintendo. And high budget shit? Companies are spending less on budgets for games because it's not feasible to spending a lot to make a game, and they are all trying to maximize profits to stay afloat. Welcome to capitalism. Bankruptcy is rampant everywhere these days, from food establishments to game developers. Inflation has gone up as well, and the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer. You can thank the bankers and the financial system for that. They pull all the strings, and as a result everyone suffers.

And, any game over 80% is considered 'mighty' on OpenCritic, and is 'Green' on Metacritic is considered very good as well.

Some Examples:

The Coalition - 81% Average Overall

Ninja Theory is at - 80%. And they accomplished Hellblade with so little people, and a indie level budget. And in return made a great game:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...indie-triple-a

Playground Games - 84% overall

Rare - 80% Overall

Turn10 - 87% Overall

And the devs they buy MS are not only saving them, but they realize their talents.

Simple as that, and if you see MS trying to improve their 1st party in a negative light, then maybe you are getting burnt out of gaming, and should consider another hobby.
      Last edited by Panda; 06-09-2019, 08:53 AM.

• Panda
      Panda commented
      Editing a comment
      @Blaze_ATX

Good post.

• Blaze_ATX
      Blaze_ATX commented
      Editing a comment
      @Panda

Thanks and your post is great too.

• Panda
      Panda commented
      Editing a comment
      @Blaze_ATX

• BadCeeJay1975
      BadCeeJay1975 commented
      Editing a comment
      It takes a lot of time to get a AAA studio to the point where they can consistently put out high scoring games and MS already have quite a few of those. I would put Turn10, 343, Coalition, Rare and Playground in this bracket. They may not always reach that 90+ level but they are only just shy of that. Playground seem to be one of those studios that has taken that next step into the very top tier of really special developers. I think that all PG need to do now to cement that position is put out a game in a totally different genre that also reaches the same level as their Horizon games. I do get a feeling with 343, Turn10 and Coalition that they have a bit of a sterile feel as though they are made by committee and do things a little too much on the safe side in a lot of ways. They are well developed and polished but just lack that magical something. I do think that they can elevate their productions and are 95% of the way there, hopefully now that Xbox has a very wide variety of studios they can share the things that they do really well with each other. You have the technical powerhouses Turn10, 343 and Coalition that are unmatched in their mastery of of the Xbox hardware and can really make it sing. Playground have taken that hardware mastery from Turn10 and combined it with their own creative processes and put out some really special arcade racers. The newer studios that they have acquired look to have some very creative people and have put out some interesting games that have sometimes lacked technical prowess, We Happy Few from Compulsion games comes to mind. I see no reason why these studios given the money to expand their teams and access to the very best software engineers and game engines can bloom into some amazing studios turning out top tier games. If I was head at 343, Coalition or Turn10 I would be sending my game directors to the other studios to find out how they create their games and then try replicate some of their processes in my own game development. I have a lot of faith in the current Xbox studio direction and think that they are heading in the right direction. I am not expecting a boat load of 90+ games at the show today and think its still going to be 5 years+ before we fully see the fruits from the recent studio acquisitions. We should however see an improvement over what we have seen previously, some of Phil's early decisions taken are still to play out fully.

• banmaster
      banmaster commented
      Editing a comment
      State of Decay 2 is amazig game,i mean gameplay how car about graphics if gameplay is top notch,but next State of Decay......

Originally posted by XboxNman View Post
    Hey everybody, been a long time since I've commented. Last 2 years have been busy for me and so I didn't have much time to comment though I did visit the site when I could. Anyway, since it seems old members from all the way back to the LiveJournal days are showing themselves on here again, I thought I'd do the same since I've been around since that time though I guess the tag under my name doesn't show it.

Been enjoying the Xbox news lately and I'm really excited for this E3! I still am a bit surprised at how many people and media still don't want to see Xbox in a good light though, even with all the changes and efforts MS has made to be consumer friendly. I guess some people just always have to be negative lol. I'm not much of a PS fan after getting screwed by them over the years, but I definitely give them credit for the good games and things they've done. I don't get the logic some people have of wanting only one company to be good. The better the competition, the more we, as gamers, benefit.

Anyway, just wanted to say hey and wish everyone a happy E3! Remember to enjoy it for what it is and not what you expect it should be. Not that I'm trying to lessen the hype, just saying that it's easy to see so many leaks and rumors that we miss enjoying the moment. This looks to be a very big E3 for Xbox and I can't wait to see what gets revealed.
    Wellcome back, Xbox Head :)

Comment

• XboxNman
      XboxNman commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad to be back. I'm looking forward to E3 but I understand your skepticism. I think there will be some great games but I also think that it's still a bit too early to expect a sudden influx of lots of 9/10 ratings. It takes time to change from the way they were. Of course there is also the issue that MS games tend to get rated harder than any other platform. People want to love Sony and Nintendo, they are like old family members to most people but MS has always been the big bully that no one will trust.

In the end though the type of games people rate highly tend to lean toward the system that is known to carry them. Nintendo is the family friendly cartoony fun stuff, PS is the single player fantasy movie like games and Xbox is multiplayer shooter games. As such it's hard for people to remove their bias in reviewing games. and often when a person likes a certain type of game, they tend to like the work of the console platform that is known to produce what they enjoy. I like many genres of games so I'm probably less critical in my review of games compared to people that have more specific desires for the types of games they like. I hope Xbox can start producing the types of games you want, but that doesn't mean they aren't making games that some of us really enjoy.

I think gaming is going through a transition, trying to find it's new place in the world of always connected devices and movie level game image quality. I'm excited to see where it goes and how well the different companies transition and approach this new gaming environment! Hopefully Xbox is really beta tested in the future so that they have a place in this new upcoming gaming era.

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
      Blaze_ATX commented
      Editing a comment
      πŸ˜ŽπŸπŸπŸπŸπŸ˜‰πŸ˜Ž

• Panda
      Panda commented
      Editing a comment
      Should be good.

• Blaze_ATX
      Blaze_ATX commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep and i can't wait.

as i was sure about xcloud no that ready yet by listening to phil

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
      Blaze_ATX commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL!!! Off course you are, enjoy the 31 games on Stadia at launch. 🀣🀣🀣🀣

• Panda
      Panda commented
      Editing a comment
      With that god awful controller. They even have a 'wasabi' colour in it. Puke!

• Blaze_ATX
      Blaze_ATX commented
      Editing a comment
      🀣🀣🀣🀣

MS is yet to surprise me with their E3 for the last 7 years :)

Low expectations for me.

Comment

• mistercteam
      mistercteam commented
      Editing a comment
      One thing that from the birdie that somehow inline with your thought is he said same thing
      Internally it is Xbox Engineering vs Bussiness division, They basically feels their great design is not exposed fully
      but recently since the scorpio they bit change their base spec will always > than sony counterpart
      and infinite will mark the start of coding game engine using real Shader model 6.x which all xbox family is designed with

but yep it is real Xbox engineering want MS to show the world how advanced the Xbox really is
      but back to business agenda …. but hopefully now they are more willing to show.

• scottvxr
      scottvxr commented
      Editing a comment
      My thoughts to, but I'm. Living in hope that we'll see at least one eye popping exclusive to get everyone talking, nothing got my pulse rate up since Phil announced BC. But you never know they could actually deep dive into what they've been up to for all these years end game sort of thing😎. Go big or go home Phil😁.

--- 12h and 27m---
    Last edited by Tactileclean; 06-09-2019, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Infinite will be ….
    for me this time games will be interesting ….

Thank you for MrX for new thread …..

Comment

Less than 12hrs guys, so....

Comment

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xb...%3aoverviewtab

Comment

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xb...e/cfq7ttc0khs0

game pass ultimate

Comment

• BadCeeJay1975
            BadCeeJay1975 commented
            Editing a comment
            Such a great rounded service already but, throw in Xcloud and PC gamepass and together it really is the ultimate gaming service and a benchmark for all their competitors to aspire to. No one else has got anything close!

Edit: I didn't realise PC Gamepass was included in Gamepass Ultimate!
            Last edited by BadCeeJay1975; 06-09-2019, 04:23 PM.
        Working...
        X