Xbox One Secret Sauce™ Hardware

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by babylonn75 View Post
    Not sure if it has been already posted. This new "Nano" card reminds some rumors about a Xbox "nano" and "performance per watt" seems to be in line with your search.

"Exact specs aren’t available for for the R9 Fury Nano just yet, but it’s essentially half the size of an R9 290X, measuring just 6 inches long. AMD claim the Nano is faster than an R9 290X, but offers double the performance per watt, so we’re looking at what may be halving of the TDP. Impressive figures. The pricing is yet to be announced for the Nano, but we’ll likely like hear more about it over the next few months."
    it is, what they try to achive for next datacentre APU is 25-50Gflops/watt
    remember for me anyways, X1 is achiving that goal, that why since may reveal they consistently stated the X1 is supercomputer/datacentre design
    the one metric that they are trying to achieved is >>>>Gflops/watt compare to most current modern card

Comment

High res: http://goo.gl/KngSaV

Comment

For those of you that question if there is more to the XBOX ONE than MS have led to believe then look at the MATHS.

Backwards Compat is a MASSIVE indication there is more than meets the eyes.

So what are the facts?

Xbox 360 Facts:
        CPU = 3 In Order Cores at 3.2GHZ each for a total of 115GFLOPS (just for the CPU)
        GPU = 240 GFLOPS
        eDRAM & extra processors = there was another 128 alu / processors inside and connected to the 10MB eDRAM (This had bandwidth of 256GB/s)

***** PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE EXTRA PROCESSORS NEAR THE eDRAM WAS NEVER GIVEN A GFLOPS FIGURE by MS!!!!!!!!! (THIS IS IDENTICAL TO WHAT THEY HAVE DONE IN THE XBOX ONE)

So, xbox one

Click image for larger version

Name:	Xbox ONE SPECS..png
Views:	1
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	1116

Notice that the ENTIRE CPU was said to have ONLY 112 GFLOPS (this is for all 8 cores when used together). Each core is 1.75GHZ.

SO, we already know that for games only 6 - 6.5 CPU cores are allowed to be used for games (SUCH AS Backwards Compat)

So this means 84 - 90 GFLOPS of cpu for such as Backwards Compat.

So how do you EMULATE (and we all know that to emulate you need stronger hardware than what you are emulating), so how do you Emulate 115 GFLOPS worth of CPU (xbox 360) with 84GFLOPS CPU on Xbox One.

So how do you EMULATE the eDRAM bandwidth of 256GB/s (in the xbox 360) if the 'PRECIEVED Bandwidth of the Xbox One is LESS than the PS4's 176GB/s.

*Just remember that when you are using BC you can still snap, and do everything you normally can.

So for BC to actually work how it does it shows you there is more hardware in the Xbox One than the general media believes.

Just look back at those 128 processors right next to the eDRAM in the Xbox 360 - THIS WAS NEVER GIVEN A GFLOP VALUE.

Now look at what MS has said before.

There is over 50 OTHER PROCESSORS inside the XBOX One, things that offload GPU Tasks, CPU Tasks, Audio Tasks, Physics and Lighting Tasks. And where do you think these Extra processors sit? My guess is they sit within the eSRAM (with higher internal bandwidth, just like they did in the xbox 360).

And these Processors have NOT been given a GFLOP value. and it is these processors that are going to make the magic happen.

Game on.

G

Comment

Originally posted by mistercteam View Post
          ??, can you be more specific ?, link ? hmmm
          He's talking about the last episode of The Sprint on the Halo channel. They do a play through test that shows their testing figures.

Comment

Originally posted by LuvOfThaGame View Post

He's talking about the last episode of The Sprint on the Halo channel. They do a play through test that shows their testing figures.
            OK i will check it out halo channel ....

Comment

@Gforce spot on, plus the X360 CPU is >100 Gflops ...
              https://forum.beyond3d.com/threads/1...ore-cpu.18284/

Comment

@Gforce spot on, plus the X360 CPU is >100 Gflops ...
                https://forum.beyond3d.com/threads/1...ore-cpu.18284/
                Yes, I already mentioned above that the Xbox 360 CPU is 115 GFLOPS for the 3 core power pc cpu.

G

Comment

Great work Gforce. What's your guess guys? Are they offloading to coprocessors? Is there a second cpu?

Comment

For me i already explained, that the CPU like core for future GPU is HP-APU
                    it is part of where used to be called as OBAN
                    it is certainly why it is low yield
                    Main SOC would not get low yield

Gfx Core consist
                    4 CP = Future HP APU, Also connected to 768 Scalar like mike mantor patent or Journal paper
                    6 CU group = Front end + Middle + back end (all CUs/SIMD based), read Intel DX12 ROV, it is basically will be basis for programmable backend

it is also why in 2012 when Denver project announced by Nvidia, they talk about cpu like core in gfx core, (they use ARM)

it is also why in my prev slide i showed that DX12 need to be streamlined process before CP stream to Vector block
                    means CP will become cpu like core, as DX12 hinted that they need enabling more cpu thread as CPU will take care in the front end
                    means in the future even CP is gfx core function, internally it could be simpler cpu like core,

all above also same as Nvidia echelon,
                    cpu like core + SIMD

in simple X1
                    CPU like Core (branch+Scalar) + 768 scalar float (Serial + Cotrol)
                    SIMD Processor unit = Parrarel (DLP) = 6 CU group

Plus pay attention to John Sell latest conference titled Xbox One Next Gen Game Processor with AMD Sebastien
                    as we know AMD sebastien is trinity SOC architect
                    plus we know Trinity for me is base concept for all future APU
                    trinity has 6CU
                    PIM also per 6CU or 12CU
                    Just like X1 12 CU per group
                    but X1 using very low clock for SIMD,

will talk and put my slide from prev discussion later

Comment

At last the proof that i always said currently GPU is only use 15-25%, remember the 6 CU group + half clock

Halo 5 interesting at this non final version of Warzone !!!
                      could achive diynmic Horizontal res on max 1920 (it semms)
                      but locked 60 FPS 14-15ms,

Warzone is 24 Player + Impressive AI in sandbox, so achieved that is impressive !!!

(means the SP could be have better Res !!! hmmm) or Locked to 1920x1080

this is the grab also the proof X1 GPU like i said currently run from QOS and limited to 15%

Name:	proof19ed5.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	325.9 KB
ID:	1236

Name:	proof27e11.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	203.9 KB
ID:	1237

Comment

At last the proof that i always said currently GPU is only use 15-25%, remember the 6 CU group + half clock

Halo 5 interesting at this non final version of Warzone !!!
                        could achive diynmic Horizontal res on max 1920 (it semms)
                        but locked 60 FPS 14-15ms,

Warzone is 24 Player + Impressive AI in sandbox, so achieved that is impressive !!!

(means the SP could be have better Res !!! hmmm) or Locked to 1920x1080

this is the grab also the proof X1 GPU like i said currently run from QOS and limited to 15%

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n1236[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n1237[/ATTACH]
                        I was pretty sure those numbers are related to Milisecond, not percentage of GPU usage.

How are you sure it is GPU percentage usage?

G

Comment

Working...
                        X