• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• :)

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
      Editing a comment
      Quote:

"I've independently heard these talks have taken place, driven on Bungie's side by a desire to raise new funds for the studio, its projects and staff. "

🤞😎

:)

• DutchRogers
      Editing a comment
      I would think that a Phil Spencer Microsoft would be a lot better for Bungie than say the shit they went through with activision. More control and freedom than they have currently. Plus money to build/create as they see fit. (I don't think this is HALO). This is bungie doing their thing and money in the pockets from Microsoft to make it a reality.

• banmaster
      Editing a comment
      this is BIG

• Direct X-Static
      Editing a comment
      If they don't buy them, maybe their next game will be a 2nd party release that remains exclusive to Xbox.

• angryguy77
      Editing a comment
      I believe a deal is going to be made. There's a reason they're bringing destiny to GP>

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
      Editing a comment
      Ted Price from Insomniac said the same thing, when the rumors of a possible acquisition started spreading and we know how that ended up, let's wait and see. 😎

• DutchRogers
      Editing a comment
      but not an acquisition per Grubb (unless this is unrelated to Grubb's rumor), so something else....a partnership...stay independent, but appear first on X? or similar? who knows...

• Xbox Series V rumors
    https://www.gamesradar.com/xbox-seri...ital-series-x/
    https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/...ries-x-4098403

Would be a smaller, less performing Series X without any Bluray player and priced at $399. To be announced just following the PS5 conferencee on Wed 16/09. Probably a fake but who knows?

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
      Editing a comment
      It's fake, rumor was already debunked.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

• New Icons for the new consoles

Comment

• Quote from AMD blog post (Next-Generation Gaming Unveiled with Microsoft and AMD)

https://community.amd.com/community/...rosoft-and-amd

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
              Editing a comment
              😎

• Direct X-Static
              Editing a comment
              So AMD says Series X is full RDNA 2... who would have thought! I guess AMD has a similar quote to reference the PS5 and its full RDNA 2 capabilities too, you know, since all the Ponies insist that it is, lol!

BTW, the ignorance in the media is priceless. Check out this quote from the Verge article: "The new GPUs will share the same GPU architecture as the PS5 and Xbox Series S and X, by the way." Yet when you follow the link you think they got the information from it mentions nothing about the PS5 being full RDNA 2. How do people in the industry not realize that there are RDNA 1 refresh GPU's being labelled as RDNA 2?
              Last edited by Direct X-Static; 09-15-2020, 05:23 AM.

Last edited by Blaze_ATX; 09-15-2020, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• kolanji
              Editing a comment
              I will Take what's in BoX number 2 plz 🙅🏽*♂️

Comment

• hasmeh
              Editing a comment
              Those are very nice and distinct looking boxes. The labelling is quite clear and for anyone looking, an obvious question, what is the difference.

• They made ten chips and only five work. Oooofffffffffff! But things are improving.....

Comment

• Direct X-Static
              Editing a comment
              What? Who's having trouble making their chips?

• docLEXfisti
              Editing a comment
              Sony Reportedly Cuts Launch Window Production by 4 Million Due to 'Chip Woes'

https://www.ign.com/articles/ps5-son...e-to-chip-woes
              Last edited by docLEXfisti; 09-15-2020, 06:29 AM.

• Nitfol
              Editing a comment
              But only yesterday, ponies were praising Sony for saying it was going to use air freight to meet demand. Never mind having to use air freight signalled problems with their planned launch since it meant they were having problems with producing working consoles for their launch window.

I guess all those rumours of Sony realising at the 11th hour that they had the weaker console and needed to overclock beyond spec were true. That should keep our resident Pony troll from posting for a while.

This is going to hurt Sony even more if they try to price competitively with XBox since that report talks of yields as low 50% (could even be worse).
              Last edited by Nitfol; 09-15-2020, 08:35 AM.

• Blaze_ATX
              Editing a comment
              $449 / $399 ...If this really are the final prices then that's great and it show that Sony definitely bite the bullet and is willing to take a big loss, but those chips issues are not good.

Comment

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
                Editing a comment
                BTW...With a 50% of yield issues, there's a possibility that Sony will lower the clocks of the system and if that the case that would explain those prices.

• veraces
                Editing a comment
                Another win for @mrcteam He's been posting tweets from retired engineer and others sign posting this for months. This is why it's taken so long for them to react to xbox price, CEO and CFO been sat with exploding heads trying to work out what to do. Remember when John Kodera suddenly vanished? Now you know why. No more tech info or tear down. the reason is clear.

• Blaze_ATX
                Editing a comment
                veraces, Yup, but if the new prices mentioned in the article are real, then exist a real possibility that Sony made some changes on the console.

Last edited by Blaze_ATX; 09-15-2020, 11:15 AM.

• veraces
                Editing a comment
                Blaze_ATX yes, possible, I doubt it though I think the time line is 9.2, smartshift added in a panic and clocks turned up to 11. End result yields are poor.

If they do price at those levels you can be sure of one thing sony won't eat the cost. They will pass it on somehow to their adoring fanboys who will be happy to pay.

They don't pretend to be customer focused at the best of time (cross play etc) so when cash is at stake ...

• xboxfandev
                Editing a comment
                They will launch PS5 without SSD. Ponies can add one by their own. They will be happy by helping Sony that way.

• Blaze_ATX
                Editing a comment
                veraces, Definitely, if Sony comes out with those prices ($449 / $399) they definitely will increased their services, games, etc to compensate the loss of the hardware and Sony fans will eat that up thinking how great Sony is. 🤣

• BadCeeJay1975
                Editing a comment
                These reports of yield issues certainly do seem to correlate well with the timelines and other rumours that we have been following over the years. It amazes me how Sony turned the rhetoric around to make a negative sound like a positive and the Pony's ate it all up. What with the OC, variable clocks, expensive cooling, massive console case etc. to desperately attempt to claw back some of the power differential from a severally under powered original design, all they had to do was give it a fancy name. The PS5 variable clocks reminds me of when Volkswagen got hit with the emissions scandal where they put the cars into a different engine mode for MOT testing to register lower emissions than the actual real world mode for day to day driving. On paper Sony can tout the peak frequency value of the CPU and the peak frequency value of the GPU even though they are effectively on a see saw and can't have both at peak at the same time. Sony smoke and mirrors at work yet again only this time it could really bite them on the ass.

On paper the PS5 already looked like it was going to be more expensive to produce that the XSX before these reports of yield issues which just pushes that BOM even further up. Add to this that Microsoft look to be taking a fairly large hit on each of their XSX and XSS consoles at the price points they have announced. Taking all this into consideration it seems totally at odds with a $399/$449 point unless Sony are prepared to take an incredible price hit on each console. Also bare in mind that the historical attach rate on software for Sony is considerably lower than that of the Xbox and Sony also don't have anywhere near the maturity or confidence in their subscription services to justify a much larger loss-lead on hardware price than Xbox. I am not saying that they won't come in at a lower price, in a lot of ways they absolutely have to. Sony have a difficult decision to either go in super low and super hard with the hardware price in the hope to do really high numbers with software and services or price the hardware higher to give them more ROI up-front. If they do go super low on price then they better make sure that they have a flawless launch and get massive numbers of consoles under TVs in record time or they could come unstuck in a big way.

• splay912
                Editing a comment
                Don't know how accurate the information is, but I think its a lot of smoke and mirrors from Sony. Step 1 - Force the players to upgrade to PS5 by making sure games that could/should (Spiderman) be playable on PS4 are only playable on PS5. Step 2 - Create illusion of shortage of systems. Interesting that this info drops the day BEFORE their big pricing announcement. I think its just how Sony is combating the power deficit marketing between PS4 and XSX. They have to take the focus off that and create the idea/image that you may not get a PS5 if you don't pre-order. I don't see the PS5 selling for less than $450/$400 PSD and the threat of shortages will take the focus off power to price differences.

I think they wanted to sell the PS5 for $500+, but since the XSS $300 announcement dropping the price to $450 gives them the opportunity to undercut XSX and still sell PS5D for $400.
                Last edited by splay912; 09-15-2020, 12:35 PM.

• BadCeeJay1975
                Editing a comment
                splay912 I don't know about creating high demand for the product by citing lower than expected availability, the news has affected the share price adversely today off the back of it.

• splay912
                Editing a comment
                BadCeeJay1975 Of course, the market is going to do what it does. But as Sony, what are your options when your competitor is all in on a paradigm that lessens its dependence on hardware? That has taken the power narrative and has created a $0 down option for entry into a gaming ecosystem with 100+ games AND the ability to cloud stream? What are your options as Sony when you're "stuck" in the more traditional gaming paradigm where you're dependent on hardware? IMO, Sony can be aggressive in their pricing (Not likely though), but they cannot afford to lose in sales this holiday because that tends to set a narrative for the generation. So you make your audience believe they won't get a PS5 if they don't preorder and I wouldn't be surprised if Sony hypes the amount of preorders received and they're greater than xbox preorders.

Don't get me wrong, I have NO clue and just speculating because the reality is... Sony is in a precarious position going into this generation, while MS is well positioned! Remember when everyone was saying no one wants streaming? Remember when everyone was saying gamepass will fail because no one wants to rent games? Remember when the narrative was all about power and game sharing? Remember when the narrative was about Xbox has no games? MS was slowly building towards this next generation and people criticize MS for not focusing on VR, but their moves have and will benefit gamers as we move into this new generation. Sony will eventually adapt, but they will take the hit with regards to their consumer "friendless" policies this holiday season... Unless they drop some major info on tomorrow 09-16-2020.
                Last edited by splay912; 09-15-2020, 02:57 PM.

• BadCeeJay1975
                Editing a comment
                splay912 Absolutely, Xbox is in a great position and they have worked hard to get to this point. Xbox has two contrasting consoles offering both budget and premium options. Want something even more premium, don't worry play on a top of the line PC! Don't want a console or PC but still want to play, don't worry you're covered there too with Xcloud :) Or, if you want the best of all worlds then play on console, PC and Xcloud with a consistent experience across the board :D

Sony need to come out the blocks sprinting for those console sales because they simply do not have a plan B.

• gunholio
                Editing a comment
                I still wish Sony had gone first for a change!

Last edited by Blaze_ATX; 09-15-2020, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• BadCeeJay1975
                Editing a comment
                8am, damn! I was hoping for a midnight pre-order snipe :(

Means I gotta get my arse out of bed earlier than normal haha

• nitraM_Br
                Editing a comment
                Good thing I start work at 730am :) I ll be getting one at 8.01 I hope!

• gunholio
                Editing a comment
                BadCeeJay1975 You're a fellow UK-ian, where are you heading to for pre-ordering?
                I popped into my local Game and they said pretty much just come down at 8am... which means get there for 7 :(

I ordered the one x from amazon and thing turned up a day late :(
                The original xbox and the 360, PS3 & 4 I got from Asda. In fact for the 360, you couldn't pre order so I went down about tea time for a midnight launch and just got in - they had nine consoles and i was number 9 :)
                Although, that david platt bloke from coronation street came in and tried to sweet talk them into letting him by one.... Which would have been mine!!!! Still hold it against him and don't like him to this day. Git.

• hasmeh
                Editing a comment
                I wake up at 6.30 am because my youngest child makes sure that i do. So i will be ready to go. I am debating whether to go Games or MS Store. I already have points credit with Game but then with MS Store, i get Reward points.

• BadCeeJay1975
                Editing a comment
                gunholio yeah UK here :) I was thinking of just being lazy and pre-ordering from the Microsoft store, they should have plenty of stock allocated. I'm not too bothered if it arrives a day late to be honest, I can wait as long as I get a launch machine. Pre-Covid I would have been up at 7:30 with an hour commute but i've been working from home all the way through and got into the really bad habit of getting up at 8:55am ;D

Comment

• Fun Fact: All the Sony stables are relatively quiet regarding that Bloomberg article about PS5 having yield issues, they treating this news like it's nothing, basically putting this news under the rug...

...Now imagine the amount of threads created if Xbox Series X / S are the ones having this issue, just imagine...

Comment

• splay912
                  Editing a comment
                  Exactly, they'd scream Xbox is done from every social media platform!!!!

• BadCeeJay1975
                  Editing a comment
                  The news is definitely out there, the story has popped up on my news feed from various non-gaming outlets

• hasmeh
                  Editing a comment
                  Yep. They are just waiting for tomorrow so that they can once again claim that PS5 is the best. I am sure there will be some good gaming news for PS fans tomorrow but i cant stand the Ponies then proclaiming it the greatest show ever.

Does MS still have another show to go. It just seems that they stopped a bit short last week. I was under the impression that there was more to come but when they saw the positive reception they just held back some stuff. Thinking that they can use it some other time. O preferably after Sony.

• BadCeeJay1975
                  Editing a comment
                  hasmeh The conspiracy theorist in me wants to believe that the price and XSS leak was fully controlled. There was also a smaller leak about what the rest of the show was going to contain but, what if that was not entirely true and the real show with some amazing true next gen footage has been kept secret and is set for after the PS5 show, art of war and all that? I know, I can dream ha :D

• hasmeh
                  Editing a comment
                  BadCeeJay1975 I think that the leak was not part of the plan and as per MS head of marketing, i think, who said, it was stolen. However, i still believe that there is a second showcase to come. Remember when Matt Booty said that they had only shared what 9/8 out of 15 studios were doing and more was to follow.

• MRc........good call on the yields btw.

Sony is in deep trouble. They take a loss, that affects their game development. They break even, they don't sell as many and don't get the money from subs.
                It's clear the new leadership there has taken all the gains from this gen and thrown them out the window.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-09-15 124053.png
Views:	1
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	69846

My two takes from these comments.

1. Ponies getting ready to justify PS5 disc version if it is very expensive.
                  2. John Linneman is fed up of forums and twitter. He does have strong views about digital future.

Comment

• angryguy77
                    Editing a comment
                    Amazing that the same people who demonized MS for wanting all digital are now cheering on sony for doing it. Sony really attracts the dumbest among us.

Comment

Comment

• BadCeeJay1975
                      Editing a comment
                      Damn, i keep forgetting about All Access, what an awesome thing! I might not be interested in the scheme myself but it's easy to see that this is going to shift a heck ton of consoles to those that are on a tight budget. I just hope that i'm not competing with them all for a day one console ;D

It's good that September 22nd is far enough out from Christmas. Most people won't have even thought about present buying by then so us early adaptors shouldn't have to worry about little Timmy's grandma sniping us to a day one machine! ha

Comment

• LOL. https://

Comment

• angryguy77
                      Editing a comment
                      Hahahahahah for one...droid lol. He gets owned by timdog every single day.
                      Second, how desperate are you that in order to make the ps5 look better, you have to bring down the sx? MS put full RDNA2 in the console. They've said as much. However, DF is still waiting on an answer from sony about this that they asked months ago.

Those bad yields are cutting you guys deep😂

• DutchRogers
                      Editing a comment
                      I hope this isn't true, otherwise the PS5 will hold back the PS5 Pro! hehe

• DutchRogers
                      Editing a comment
                      I mean it would be best if PS5 had more power....not sure that it does. What was the last number? 13.5TF? maybe 13.5TF Polaris, but not BIG NAVI. But I could be wrong. hehe. the good news for it being 13.5TF would mean Fire Pro Wrestling would look its best...SINCE THE COMPANY WON"T PORT IT ONTO THE X. ARGGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGGHGHGHGHGH.

• Blaze_ATX
                      Editing a comment
                      HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Quote from AMD blog post (Next-Generation Gaming Unveiled with Microsoft and AMD)

https://i.imgur.com/rrtc92W.png

Keep trying pony warrior!

LOL!!

• Blaze_ATX
                      Editing a comment
                      DutchRogers, It's not true, check the following link..

• DutchRogers
                      Editing a comment
                      I know, just having a good time with our resident Pony.

• BadCeeJay1975
                      Editing a comment
                      Troll gonna troll...

• Blaze_ATX
                      Editing a comment
                      DutchRogers, Oh my bad, hahahahaha!

• Direct X-Static
                      Editing a comment
                      @TRXPLEX

Gimme a break. Blaze already put up a quote from AMD yesterday that says Series X/S use full RDNA 2, plus this ass clown can't even spell architecture correctly.

Tell me though, why was AMD a good source when they said PS5 uses RDNA 2 (but never said full RDNA 2), but now that they confirm FULL RDNA 2 for Xbox you ignore it? LIKE you ignored the fact that RDNA 2 also includes a budget GPU line of cards that are RDNA 1 with RDNA 2 CU's?

What does this all mean then? Well, for one thing, AMD has confirmed every feature of RDNA 2 is available in both their upcoming high end cards and the new Xboxes. For two, Sony has only confirmed RDNA 2 CU's and AMD has only confirmed RDNA 2 architecture, so no FULL RDNA 2 confirmation from anyone involved in production of PS5.

As you said... LOL!!! 🤣🤣🤣

• Direct X-Static
                      Editing a comment
                      BTW guys, I give up at trying to get people's names here to highlight in green at this point... it's still not working most of the time...🤷*♂️

• BadCeeJay1975
                      Editing a comment
                      Direct X-Static Yeah i don't know why your TRXPLEX didn't work it looked alright to me...

I tend to highlight the name of the person I want to @ and then copy and paste it into a comment and stick an @ symbol in front of it rather than typing the name out, maybe that makes a difference?
                  Working...
                  X