ID:	69864

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
      Editing a comment
      πŸ‘πŸ˜Ž

:)

• Direct X-Static
      Editing a comment
      Imagine that, AMD says that Series X has the same architecture as the upcoming, full RDNA 2, 6000 series GPU's. Game changing experiences. Velocity Architecture, DXR, VRS, Mesh Shaders. (Also machine learning HW)

PS5 confirmed RDNA 2CU's and primitive shaders. Ray tracing and machine learning consume GPU resources. Nothing else.

• Apex Predator
      Editing a comment
      Why isn't AMD coming out promoting RDNA 2 for PS5? πŸ€”

• The Playstation 5 Reportedly is having issues that may impact the overall system! What is the cause of this problem and can Sony Fix it? If you are getting a PS5 this is a must-watch

Comment

• docLEXfisti
      Editing a comment
      lol, cancel it already... boost it up and release in 1 year

• Play Over 100 Xbox Games on Android Mobile with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Today

Comment

• The Xbox Series S is Better than a PC for $299

Comment

• Direct X-Static
        Editing a comment
        Who are these clowns? MS has come out and said that they built both consoles in tandem to ensure that everything the Series X does at 4K, the Series S can do at 1440p. They want to discuss the consoles, but don't know the SDD size of the Series S or even how much a controller costs?

I didn't even make it past the 3 minute mark because of their ignorance alone.

• Sebastien Nussbaum - Corporate Vice President and Sr. Fellow, Semi-Custom Products and Technologies AMD

Sasa Marinkovic - Director, Gaming Marketing, AMD

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
        Editing a comment
        😎🀣😁

• angryguy77
        Editing a comment
        that "estimated" price intrigues me.

• Blaze_ATX
        Editing a comment
        angryguy77, Remember Phil's words, they are going to be agile on power and price, they have the most powerful next gen console on the bag, now they released an estimated price of $499, so if Sony comes out with $449 I'd could see them matching it, let's wait and see how all of this will play out.

Last edited by Blaze_ATX; 09-15-2020, 07:41 PM.

• angryguy77
        Editing a comment
        I'd love to see MS send out a tweet showing they adjusted the price down. I could see it happening.

• xboxfandev
        Editing a comment
        There's nothing that will prevent them from cut Sony after Playstation price announce, I think.

But Sony probably won't cut Microsoft after that. They will already try the lower they can.

• :)

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
        Editing a comment
        They sure took their time to denied this 😁 just like the GitHub leak, right Sony?

Time will tell!!!

• angryguy77
        Editing a comment
        I don't recall seeing any story about them ramping up production past 10m. So it would be easy for them to deny this given it's hard to prove. They're stock is falling and they took way too long to squash this.
        Notice they didn't say they were not having problems with yields

• A little trip down memory lane for those who still believe that PS5 is the same RDNA 2 as Xbox or AMD's 6000 series cards (Mr. C's twitter is featured in the article too):

https://gadgetcrutches.com/gaming/th...not-the-rdna2/

Comment

• Direct X-Static
        Editing a comment
        Quote from Rosario Leonardi, principal engineer of Sony:

"I know you are curious, but I am legally obligated to say nothing that is not already public. As you know, the architecture of the PlayStation 5 is an intermediate path between RDNA 1.0 and RDNA 2.0, with some unique features. The PlayStation 4 Pro was also a strange hybrid between GCN2 and GCN4."

• DutchRogers
        Editing a comment
        Amazing how the story has totally flipped from 2013. You could basically switch the names of Xbox and PlayStation. Though I think the Xbox's power is going to be more impactful this gen than the PS4's power differential was in 2013. We are likely talking 4k/120 vs 4k/60 levels of difference or 4k/120 vs 1440p/120....obviously game architecture will change that for each game, but a big difference nonetheless.
        Last edited by DutchRogers; 09-15-2020, 08:58 PM.

• From Twitter!!! πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

Comment

Comment

• Just one question. In what country do you live?

Comment

• gunholio
          Editing a comment
          hasmeh - Scotland? For ages, I glanced over name when I was reading as hamesh 🀣🀣🀣🀣

UK BTW, Leeds.

• Joddington
          Editing a comment
          UK

• hasmeh
          Editing a comment
          gunholio Haha. No, I live in London.

• OrionWolf
          Editing a comment
          Croatia

• xboxfandev
          Editing a comment
          Brazil.

• BadCeeJay1975
          Editing a comment
          UK

• Nitfol
          Editing a comment
          UK

• Nukester
          Editing a comment
          Germany

• scottvxr
          Editing a comment
          Pluto

• hasmeh
          Editing a comment
          scottvxr Hope you get good internet connection for XCloud. ;)

Direct X-Static. I really hope to visit Chicago one day. Firstly a very old and close friend has been in Chicago for now over 20 years. If i am not mistaken it is used as Gotham in Batman movies and is definitely as backdrop in Season 1 Prison Break.

• FLASHBACKMAN
          Editing a comment
          Spain

• scottvxr
          Editing a comment
          hasmeh I have a Dongle 🀣

• Pipboy
          Editing a comment
          Germany

• DIEHARD
          Editing a comment
          USA, and to narrow it down a hint....."ROLL TIDE"

• banmaster
          Editing a comment
          Deutschland

Comment

• Sunset Overdrive:

I was looking at my gaming folder and found these pics from Sunset. I wish the game would get a 4k, HDR and Ray tracing update. It would look phenomenal. I also know it wont happen on Xbox. Such a shame. Unless the BC team, put some effort on this one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SunsetOverdrive_online_roman_candle.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	254.3 KB
ID:	69925

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sunset_Overdrive_forall_SunsetCity.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	205.4 KB
ID:	69926

Comment

• BadCeeJay1975
            Editing a comment
            Amazing game, probably my console GOTG. Now Insomniac is owned by Sony we can safely say that we are not going to see any improvements or sequels to this gem :(

Looking at those screenshots makes me want to reinstall it and just cruise around the streets blowing shit up. So satisfying stringing together a combo and watching the carnage.

• Direct X-Static
            Editing a comment
            It'll at least get 4K and HDR because the Series X has Machine Learning to automatically do it... and who knows... maybe Ninja Theory (or someone else, but they know this kind of game genre well) could make a sequel to this some day!

Comment

• veraces
            Editing a comment
            What's the best way to show off your two consoles, maybe by getting a game dev to show their game on both running identical apart from res?

• BadCeeJay1975
            Editing a comment
            Hmmm, Xbox and the Dirt team seem to be getting quite friendly!

I wonder if Dirt 5 is going straight to Gamepass day one perhaps?

I can't see MS wanting to bring Codemasters under the Xbox Studios umbrella though as the last thing they need is more racing game developers.

• Interesting. I think that South Korea is now a more important market than Japan.

Comment

• DIEHARD
            Editing a comment
            I agree. Go all in on South Korea.

• Hello everyone, long time no post. Hope you're all well. I came across this German news outlet where they ran a story about HDMI Cables shipped with Xbox Series X and S. The official specs on the Xbox Website say XSX ships with an "Ultra High Speed" and the XSS with a "High Speed" HDMI Cable.
          https://www.xbox.com/en-US/consoles/xbox-series-s
          https://www.xbox.com/en-US/consoles/xbox-series-x

Now the bespoke news site interpreted that the "High Speed" Cable shipped with Series S would be an HDMI 1.4 cable as it's probably a common term to describe 1.4b cables. Afaik 1.4b doesn't even support HDR or 4K beyond 30Hz. I'm still not sure how Sony was able to say that HDR is supported on base PS4. They kind of announced it and then it was never ever spoken about it again in the Media, Youtube etc...
          But XSS is supposed to be able to playback media at 4K and also upscale games from 1440p to 4K with up to 120fps so a better cable would definitively be needed. We know Series S is going to support HDMI 2.1 features like ALLM, VRR etc. so why would MS include a cable which will not be able to deliver on those features?

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardwa...dr-on-xbox-one
          Official Xbox Support Article for Xbox One X and S says the following:
          • Check your HDMI cables. Make sure you're using the HDMI cable that came with your Xbox One X or Xbox One S. If you are, try a different HDMI cable. Your cables must be certified for HDMI High Speed or HDMI Premium.
          Since they say you need a "High Speed" Cable for Xbox One X / S, do you guys think that MS just calls the Series S cable "High Speed" but it's indeed suited for all the Series S's features?
          I can't believe MS would ship a 2020 device with HDMI 1.4b cable, especially if the device itsself supports 2.1. What do you think?

Comment

• BadCeeJay1975
            Editing a comment
            I wouldn't worry about it to be honest. MS are not going to ship a brand new console with an old HDMI cable that can't make use of some of the consoles features.

• veraces
            Editing a comment
            mozzie All this shows is how desperate some sites are to find "problems" with the Series consoles and also what a great engineering job MS did when they have to resort to nit picking HDMI leads lol :)

• mozzie
            Editing a comment
            Actually it was winfuture.de which is a news site for Windows and Microsoft news. I donβ€˜t think that MS will ship XSS with a cable which will not deliver on all itβ€˜s features. i just thought that itβ€˜s a bit weird that they list two different names for the HDMI cables. Anyway HDMI cable neems seem like they just make up the names with so many different variations of High Speed and Premium etc.

• Direct X-Static
            Editing a comment
            I'm sure, as others have stated, that the HDMI solution that comes with the consoles will be capable of full featured support. It would be ridiculous not to include proper cables when Xbox has been designed so well in all other regards.

Comment

• DutchRogers
            Editing a comment
            Gonna drop the trailer at 4PM EST. LMAO. That would be hilarious.

• only 10FPS with RT on lol. where is the dedicated RT hardware?

Comment

• DutchRogers
            Editing a comment
            Some of that could be CPU limited perhaps? Hard to say just on this initial info. Definitely looking forward to AMD vs NVIDIA comparisons.

• FearL0rd
            Editing a comment
            he was running the TOP Intel CPU. multiple people disappointed including Linus and DF

• Direct X-Static
            Editing a comment
            @DutchRogers

Me too. Looking forward to how the new Xboxes stack up as well!

Comment

Comment

• Predictions for the ps5 price:
              $599 standard
              $499 DE

Comment

• Misterx
                Editing a comment
                Colling fan and ear plugs included.

I bet for same prices

• Blaze_ATX
                Editing a comment
                $499 Standard
                $399 DE

But after yesterday news about yield issues price could be a little higher, in a few hours we will know.

• DutchRogers
                Editing a comment
                They can probably get away with $499 and $599 if they show God of War 2 and/or Silent Hill, and a few timed exclusives. If they have those and a $399 - $499 price points, that is going to be shown as a win for them. Microsoft can come in with a $50 reduction if that happens, but will they? Who knows.

• angryguy77
                Editing a comment
                If the reports of them having yield issues and buying up 3rd party games are true, I don't see how they take a huge loss on the console.

• xbox_theone
                Editing a comment
                $499 Standard
                $449 DE

But at a big loss.

• Misterx
                Editing a comment
                From a business stand point of view they should use all their assets.

Customer loyalty is huge asset they could use to go with hight prices.

What is better for them? Go low price but better game revenue that will make them zero on every PS5 sold if gamer will buy 5-6 games on average In first 2 years or go without loss but decreased PS5 sales?

I bet for second as revenue is potentially higher there. Zero loss even if person will not buy any games.

• hasmeh
                Editing a comment
                I think, they wouldnt want to get too far away. They are in a position to change these later. I think they know demand is very high for PS5.

Standard - $549
                Digitial - $449

As for event itself, i think they have a megaton which is as noted by others a previously multi platform going exclusive. There is possibility of Silent Hill, Final Fantasy and God of War i think.

• DutchRogers
                Editing a comment
                There has to be metrics with both companies of how much they can (estimated) make per customer with digital purchases, so they can know how much wiggle room they have with pricing. I think Microsoft and Sony could still lower it even further, and still make big money especially with the greater digital purchasing that gamers are doing. If average customer makes a company $500 in extra revenue on average for the generation, they have a lot of wiggle room. Just made up that $500. I would love to know what the average was for Xbox one generation and PS4 generation. Though Microsoft has more money to lose out early on until the digital sales start rolling in. Sony probably has less cushion for that though.

Plus, lets say I plan on spending $500 at start of gen, but suddenly I only have to spend a less amount, I would likely spend on digital games up to that $500. So they lose on console sales, they gain a lot of that back at the get go with new games at launch.
                Last edited by DutchRogers; 09-16-2020, 05:11 PM.

• Blaze_ATX
                Editing a comment
                angryguy77, DutchRogers, hasmeh, There's no doubt that Sony event it's going to be spectacular, they will fired all cylinders they have from their first party studios and all the timed exclusives they secured for the PS5 launch, regarding price it could go either way $599 / $499 or $499 / $399, am expecting they will bite the bullet and go with the second option, I imagine they want to be closer on price with Microsoft, in a few hours we will know.

• BadCeeJay1975
                Editing a comment
                My vote goes $449 DE - $549 Standard

• banmaster
                Editing a comment
                my preditcions

• MuffinMan8
                Editing a comment
                Ps5 $399 ps5 de $349

• Direct X-Static
                Editing a comment
                $499 and $399 is my bet. They've already made arrangements to move their games onto PC and the reason is, most likely, to mitigate damage from taking a huge loss on the PS5. They need a Game Pass and xCloud service in order to survive long term though.

• Paul wonders if Sony will have some "surprises" for its event today. We shall see. πŸ€”

Comment

• Nitfol
                Editing a comment
                The biggest surprise would be if Paul could stop talking shit and acting like a Sony shill.

• scottvxr
                Editing a comment
                Yeah some more smoke and mirrors πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ‘Œ

• MuffinMan8
                Editing a comment
                Sony to reveal RDNA30!!!

Comment

• XCloud and Stadia on Surface Duo:

Comment

• Direct X-Static
                  Editing a comment
                  Man, that thing just screams portable game console. For two!

• There's online listings showing today suggesting the Mass Effect Trilogy remaster is coming to Xbox, PS and Switch.

Comment

• hasmeh
                  Editing a comment
                  I wish we can get a proper remaster of ME1. It is alongside Fallout 3 my most played game with around 9 different play through.
              Working...
              X