• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• :)

Comment

• BadCeeJay1975
      Editing a comment
      Meh, It looked like Xbox One footage to me and no mention of whether it was 120fps or not.

The game looks fun though, just nothing ground breaking.
      Last edited by BadCeeJay1975; 09-16-2020, 06:07 PM.

• DIRT 5 | Xbox Series S | Official Next-Gen Gameplay

:)

Comment

• Nukester
      Editing a comment
      Why no Series X gameplay? Is this thing even real?!

There is no reason to buy a Series X at launch :(

• BadCeeJay1975
      Editing a comment
      I think we've already seen Series X footage at the first SX presentation. It looks the same but just in native 4K

• scottvxr
      Editing a comment
      It's marketing......

• jon3sy9
      Editing a comment
      dirt 1 physics ill pass

• DutchRogers
      Editing a comment
      I think we will have a reveal after today, to show Series X games and maybe Johanna Dark game or similar...and maybe a list of BC games with optimizations. They need to. Dealer and crew seemed to suggest that last night, that there could be something else (event or press release, or similar, they were not specific, so I am just guessing as to what). Didn't say specifically how or when, but likely prior to pre-order (would make most sense).

And maybe that is what we are seeing below. Websites showing it via Microsoft sending out videos. Seems like it would be more structured, but who knows.

Maybe Monday the 21st, and a day later, you can preorder. Get the hype train rolling.
      Last edited by DutchRogers; 09-16-2020, 07:48 PM.

• docLEXfisti
      Editing a comment
      looks very bad imo for 12TF

• Blaze_ATX
      Editing a comment
      docLEXfisti, It's running on Xbox Series S at 1444p / 60FPS, not on Series X.

Advice to everybody change the video settings to 1444p / 60, it looks much better. :)

• Direct X-Static
      Editing a comment
      It looks like PS4 Pro, but at 120fps instead of 30. Not bad for a $299 console and, to be fair, Dirt 5 doesn't look that great overall anyways. There were other games like Scourge and The Medium that looked way better.

Comment

• Forza Horizon 4 - Xbox Series X Screenshots

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
        Editing a comment
        😎

• XDLugia
        Editing a comment
        Just curious.. where did you find these? I found no blog post on FM.net.

It looks friggin insane though.

• Blaze_ATX
        Editing a comment
        XDLugia, Klobrille posted those pics, but I don't know if this pics are official.

• scottvxr
        Editing a comment
        Super clean 😎😎😎😎

• Direct X-Static
        Editing a comment
        4K/60 open world racing masterpiece! I can't wait to see what they do in FH5 with a full next gen engine!

• banmaster
        Editing a comment
        this game is too small for xbox, i'm sure they can push it all to 120 fps easily

Speaking of the horizon of the next game, I would like them to make more exciting places like these dlc for past games and to connect it all as one whole, of course I'm talking about new countries like Japan, China, Croatia, with an interesting landscape, if you have any countries to add to the new horizon, I wonder what you would add to the next sequel
        Last edited by banmaster; 09-17-2020, 05:22 AM.

• gunholio
        Editing a comment
        Just catching up with news on my desktop and just spotted the reg plates....

Who is Klobrille that he has series x and updated version of FH4????

• Comment

• DutchRogers
        Editing a comment
        If I was Sony, I probably would trade Wifi6 for BC or another of those. Just think of having one console for all PS games (which we have for Xbox other than the nonBC). That would be nice. Too bad we don't seem to be getting that. Time will tell, but possibility is extremely low at this point. Best case is probably PSNow, which is not anywhere as impressive as what XBox will show with Series X BC. I would love to be able to put King of Colosseum in my PS5 and play an uprezed/upped frame version of that game....or all the other Japanese Wrestling games....sadly....we can't.

I care two shits about God of War early trailer, or Final Fantasy, my interest is BC, enhancements, and I doubt I will get what I want. If we get full PS4 BC, that at least can allow me to play Ghost of T. Now, I may pre-order, just to leverage it to get a Series X if I can't at launch. I will bribe someone with my PS5 and $ for their Series X. LMAO. Gonna have proxies scouring the preorder pages for a Series X console, so I probably will have about 5 showing up at my house day one LMAO. Gotta be sure, and I took off the week too.
        Last edited by DutchRogers; 09-16-2020, 07:47 PM.

• angryguy77
        Editing a comment
        At this point, they've shed all pride. How desperate does one have to be to use wifi as check mark? LOL

• XDLugia
        Editing a comment
        Serious players won't be using wi-fi anyways. Not a big deal.

• DutchRogers
        Editing a comment
        Agreed. WIFI6 is cool, but if you are gaming you best be hardwired. If you can't for whatever reason, WIFI6 is likely the best alternative. I have run a 100ft ethernet cable throughout my house just to be hardwired back in the day. LOL.

• Blaze_ATX
        Editing a comment
        WiFi 6 - Fact Sheet

- Does your router support it? Unlikely

- Do you exceed 3.5gbps Network speeds (No is the answer in a home network)

- Do you require it for low latency gameplay? NO

- Will you see the benefits of using it? Not unless you exceed 10 connected devices same time

https://twitter.com/Wandering_Dutch/...37547764400128

• Nitfol
        Editing a comment
        Seems Sony spent their PS5 budget on components that do not offer the best gaming return.

• LOL, Miles Morales is cross gen

Comment

• zzzz what a snooze

Comment

• bwahahahaha 500 for a weak console

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
          Editing a comment
          Yup! 😎

• Misterx
          Editing a comment
          Time to show ACEs Phil.

PS5 is nothing mind-blowing graphically for me.

Want COD

• Blaze_ATX
          Editing a comment
          Also, Spider-Man is a cross-gen game now. :)

• banmaster
          Editing a comment
          I honestly have trouble accepting that these games are run on ps 5, although they don't look spectacular I believe the final versions of them will be even worse quality, whatever that means, ps 5 isn't worth $ 500 when you consider that you can buy for that money 100% more powerful console by microsoft glorius XBOX X πŸ˜πŸ˜…
          Last edited by banmaster; 09-17-2020, 05:30 AM.

Comment

• angryguy77
          Editing a comment
          Still no picture of the real console.

• splay912
          Editing a comment
          So the narrative has started already... You're getting a next-gen console for $400 which is $100 less than XSX. The XSS is basically a "deficient" and unproven console at $299 so go with the PS5D. I wish MS would drop the XSX price by $50 or price match the PS5D just to take the wind out of that argument.
          Last edited by splay912; 09-16-2020, 10:00 PM.

• Blaze_ATX
          Editing a comment
          angryguy77, Yes, that's weird not even one person holding the console, just another render of the console.

• xboxfandev
          Editing a comment
          The real console is in the oven. They forget to add crow to the recipe, they will need to restart.

• OrionWolf
          Editing a comment
          Now imagine if MS releases the XSX without a disc drive for $399🀣🀣🀣

• DutchRogers
          Editing a comment
          Xbox kills Sony if they lower the S to $250 and X to $399-449. The sad thing was there is no guarantee on PS4 games working on 5 other than those β€œcollection” games. Miles is cross gen. BC gives early gen time to mature. Oof. GOW will release in 2022. They will need more time πŸ˜‰. Plus not as many timed exclusives (at least not yet) as first thought: damn. Sony stumbled. I have no reason to buy the PS5 at this point. My only reason was GOT at better quality. No reason was given of why to buy a PS5. 😲
          Last edited by DutchRogers; 09-16-2020, 10:05 PM.

• BadCeeJay1975
          Editing a comment
          Good pricing, i'm suprised that they went this low but it's the right price to make it appealing to the masses. Anyone who is on the fence is probably going to be swayed towards a PS5 I feel unless they want the absolute cheapest next gen machine. Seems like it was a good show to be fair with some newly announced games that give them some good momentum.

Now Xbox, lets see if you have any ammunition left in the canon to move that dial back towards team green before launch because right now sadly I think the momentum is with Sony.

• OrionWolf
          Editing a comment
          DutchRogers Said this from the get go, it was almost a sure thing they would make a $399 console, so pricing the S at $250 and the XSX at $399 - $449 would be a phenomenal thing. The other option would be to do what Sony did, release a discless XSX and price it at $399.

• kolanji
          Editing a comment
          OrionWolf spot on with that comment bro!

• DutchRogers
          Editing a comment
          I like the diskless option for marketing purposes. I will get UHD Blu-ray version for movies (hoping they leverage ML for upgraded movie images similar to Nvidia shield feature). If they happen to have a disc less X sku, they really need to drop the S to $249, and have that, the $399 and $499, and compete with power at same price with a crazy cheap entry to next gen option.

• Direct X-Static
          Editing a comment
          splay912

Don't worry. The Series S will be close to the preformance of the PS5 because of things like DLSS, while the Series X will make the PS5 look last gen.

• banmaster
          Editing a comment
          @direct x
          here I have to agree with this manπŸ‘πŸ˜Ž

• OrionWolf
          Editing a comment
          DutchRogers yup, marketing purpose - exactly like what Sony is doing. I will get the one with the drive anyway, but having a discless option at $399 would be a good option as well. So basically MS can cover the whole segment i.e. $299 (a $249 would be massively better marketing strategy, imho) $399 and $499. It's up to people to chose. Albeit I know how this would go down and the number of articles written on how confusing it is separating between the S and the X.

• gunholio
          Editing a comment
          Did we every figure out what series V was - X minus disc?

• BadCeeJay1975
          Editing a comment
          I totally take back what I said on my previous comment on this post. Right after the show, the buzz from it seemed overwhelmingly positive and the console prices seemed to be right where they needed to be. The devil was truly in the detail though and the meltdowns post-show have been glorious. What with nearly every single game being cross-gen and the price of the games being increased to compensate for the low hardware price Sony have really disappointed a lot of people, even some of their most hardcore fanboys are not apologising for them like they normally do. Right now i'm going to get a nice cup of coffee and read through a load of threads on Neogaf :)

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
          Editing a comment
          HAHAHAHA!!! Come Sony just call it PlayStation Game-Pass, am sure Microsoft is not gonna sue you for that. πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

• DutchRogers
          Editing a comment
          That sucks so much. Such a big advantage for Xbox. And nothing about them looking/running better, right???

• williey
          Editing a comment
          Xbox has gamepass
          Sony has gamesofpast

• Direct X-Static
          Editing a comment
          Oh shit, it's not even going to include PS5 titles? What a joke!

Comment

• Nitfol
          Editing a comment
          Graphics on this game looked ok (although some bits looked a bit ropey), but the game mechanics looked slow and ponderous like it was from two generations ago. Not feeling the hype on this one.

Last edited by Blaze_ATX; 09-16-2020, 10:38 PM.

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
          Editing a comment
          HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I thought cross gen was bad. πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

• angryguy77
          Editing a comment
          It's like they allowed Phil to set their strategy.

• Nitfol
          Editing a comment
          What did Sony show that wasn't cross-gen, multiplatform or console exclusive (for a limited time)? I'm struggling here to think of anything.

• mikmobile
          Editing a comment
          We believe in generations πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Nitfol
          Editing a comment
          Just want confirmation that GT7 is cross-gen too now LOL.. GT7 gameplay looked current gen anyway.

• Direct X-Static
          Editing a comment
          But wait, Horizon only plays at 30FPS on the PS5 so it can look the way it does... and what about PS4 holding back PS5 gaming now? What about the power of the SSD being necessary for next gen gaming? Oh man, Sony's the laughing stock of the industry right now! 🀣🀣🀣

• OrionWolf
          Editing a comment
          Now let's just wait for it to be announced for PC as well 🀣🀣🀣

• A lot of L's have been given today.

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
          Editing a comment
          πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜

• Nitfol
          Editing a comment
          So many lies. All that bullshit about Sony's strategy is to focus on next-gen which is why they weren't going to release cross-gen games from the get go. The ponies ran with that narrative and made fun of Xbox. What will they say now? Why would you trust anything Sony says after this. (I know we don't, but the ponies need to acknowledge this).

• Official: Sony confirms $69.99/€79.99 price for first-party PS5 games.

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
          Editing a comment
          Not surprised by this, Sony need to compensate the loss they are taking with the PS5 one way or another, expect an increase on their services too.

Big Oof!!!

• mikmobile
          Editing a comment
          We don’t need to care about new prices .... thank you πŸ’šGamePassπŸ’š

• Direct X-Static
          Editing a comment
          So far, only Activision and Sony want to overcharge for next gen games. Others have said next gen is still $60.

• Guys......that $100 difference between the s and the ps5 DE is an illusion. You need to factor in games to that price. That balloons the cost.

Comment

• gunholio
          Editing a comment
          Yep. No used games and no games pass...
          The Digital only version won't sell anyway. I remember a few year back when Microsoft tried a similar (but fairer) system and got crusified for taking away the right to share and trade games.

• kolanji
          Editing a comment
          waiting for the teardown..and I will not be surprised it the digital ps5 have something downgraded like the wifi or some other component to get down to 100 less....

• DutchRogers
          Editing a comment
          We ever see those base clocks on PS5, the jig is up. Sony going to keep tap dancing until that day.

Comment

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
          Editing a comment
          πŸ’šGame-PassπŸ’š

😎

• And once again...

Comment

Comment

• hasmeh
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful.

Comment

Comment

• Direct X-Static
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, that and their BC subscription service, Game Past.

• gunholio
          Editing a comment
          HA!!!!! Game Past!!!! That's beautiful!

• Everyone talking about the price, but nobody talks about the behemoth that will be PS5. It is confirmed that they will be 39 CM tall.

Click image for larger version

Name:	f3oi.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	70053

Click image for larger version

Name:	f3ok.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	70054

Comment

Comment

• DutchRogers
            Editing a comment
            That Xbox RDNA2 vs Sony RDNA 1.

• Direct X-Static
            Editing a comment
            DutchRogers

Yep. Funny that the power for gaming is so much more on Series X, yet the wattage is so much higher on PS5. I'm sure that Ponies still believe that they're both the same RDNA 2 architectures though, lol.

• OrionWolf
            Editing a comment
            Direct X-Static Lol, that overclocking, there are so many benchmarks out there that show you the result of overclocking a GPU to it's limits and well it takes a lot of power for almost negligible gains. Also if they're using a "liquid metal" (aka thermal grease) cooling solution I have to wonder if they're going to need to replace that grease in a couple of years or is Sony willing to deal with a RROD of their own?

Comment

• From left to right: PS3 60GB, Xbox, Xbox One, PS5 Digital Edition, PS5

Notice that the 3D tool doesn’t line up the backs of each console. The PS5 is so much deeper than either Xbox.

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
              Editing a comment
              Wow!!! πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜

• Misterx
              Editing a comment
              :))
          Working...
          X