Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gears 5 on Xbox Series X: 10 min of enhanced next-gen gameplay [4K60]

:)
    Last edited by Blaze_ATX; 10-15-2020, 11:14 PM.

Comment

• Direct X-Static
      Editing a comment
      I'm still having trouble processing this footage as a last gen game because it looks gorgeeus! It still looks great on my 1S too, and is easily one of the most technically advanced games of all time.

Kind of makes me wonder what they're cooking up with UE5 at their disposal and the full power of the Series X!

• https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/...icted-preview/

Comment

• hasmeh
      Editing a comment
      Wow. Fantastic. Just goes to show that when teams know the tech, they will pull off amazing stuff. I have high hopes of Coalition. I hope they do something different than Gears as well. It would really show what they can do in a different art style.

• Direct X-Static
      Editing a comment
      Just think, that $1500 rig is running on Ultra settings while Series X is running Ultra+. SX still has 13tf worth of untapped RT cores and SMT to enable on full next gen games roo. Series X definitely eats monsters for breakfast.

• What do you guys think about it?

https://twitter.com/FearL0rd/status/...296389121?s=19

Comment

• DutchRogers
      Editing a comment
      Nice post! Thank you!!! That is what I have been thinking about. Though the speeds seem a little low, if I am thinking about it correctly (remembering what the Xbox needs...i think they need 2.4, and this is capped to 1.7, if I read and remember correctly). But something like this (if Microsoft allows for larger external drives) will be used for a RAID type setup or similar. Even just one NVME could allow for adding an 8TB NVME perhaps. They are currently available but for about $1,300. Not cheap. But prices will come down, and competition will drive prices down further. Just need Microsoft to allow exotic solutions. When I have a minute, going to read more up on this amazon link you posted.

• :)
    Last edited by Blaze_ATX; 10-16-2020, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• banmaster
      Editing a comment
      These games have reached the level of movie graphics quality, so this is the beginning of a new generation, I am more than satisfied, Microsofts games will be something special this generation, excited

• Joddington
      Editing a comment
      Gears 5 looks great, although Fahz doesn't sound anywhere near the dick he is in French compared to English.

• kolanji
      Editing a comment
      Holy Mother of Gaming Gods ....that makes my eyes leak because of how good that looks 😳

• Hey? Anyone know if Blaze_ATX is OK??... It's been ages since he posted any news and i've gotten used a fix every few hours..... 😫

Comment

• DutchRogers
      Editing a comment
      Ha. It always seems quiet over night here (I'm US based), and then the early morning starts to get things started up. Though we have a lot of different time zones represented on this forum. Probably nothing to post. Other than Johnny talking about reading novels from the Xbox Dashboard, and he won't be able to read the text due to the low resolution 1080p soft rendering. However, on his PS5, he is planning on reading War and Peace in its crisp 4k Dashboard.

• gunholio
      Editing a comment
      I'm UK based so it's almost 3pm.... I think the 1080p is for one x/s and it's released now finished. Next make sure the 4k series x/s version has no bugs before it's released...

• DutchRogers
      Editing a comment
      Entirely possible. One X had the RAM allowance, that was more for games rather than have 4k rendered dashboard. But maybe Series X is different. I don't think we have heard anything from Xbox officially yet on this. We shall see.

• Originally posted by gunholio View Post
    Hey? Anyone know if Blaze_ATX is OK??... It's been ages since he posted any news and i've gotten used a fix every few hours..... 😫

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
      Editing a comment
      πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

• hasmeh
      Editing a comment
      Hahaha. I bet they are asking the same question at Xboxera.

• gunholio
      Editing a comment
      Ha ha!

Comment

• angryguy77
      Editing a comment
      that game ran my x hard. It was constantly loud.

• Blaze_ATX
      Editing a comment
      angryguy77, Yes, Red Dead 2 push Xbox One X hardware hard.

• So what is this saying - Not fully RDNA2? Hybrid like PS5??

Click image for larger version

Name:	rdna1.png
Views:	1
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	72710

https://twitter.com/blueisviolet/sta...58212516933634

Comment

• Direct X-Static
      Editing a comment
      I'm not sure. Series X has been confirmed as full RDNA2 by AMD and MS, but maybe they're simply talking about features. If so, there may have been cost issues associated with having every component be RDNA2.

Mr. C could explain why he agrees with this though! mistercteam

Comment

Comment

Comment

• DutchRogers
          Editing a comment
          Couldn't have said it better myself!!! Dealer always putting in that work!

• Direct X-Static
          Editing a comment
          I didn't hink that the dashboard resolution would take up more ram in the Series X because of the quick resume technology though. How can I instantly resume multiple games without impacting my available RAM, yet the dashboard will? πŸ€”

Maybe someone can explain it to me, but if having a 1080p dashboard means better games then it seems like a no brainer for a game console.

• DutchRogers
          Editing a comment
          The game save state is saved to SSD so not taking RAM other than what system has reserved for that feature. As far as the dashboard, there are a lot of assumptions based on Xbox One X. Until we hear officially we’re all assuming that is the reason why it is at 1080p now. Could just be current build hasn’t been optimized yet so it may change.

• Direct X-Static
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, Dutch,I guess we'll see in a few weeks!

Comment

Comment

Comment

• A very interesting video. This is related to new PSN changes where they can listen to and record audios.

It also talks about MS ideas with Kinect which were just horrible.
              Last edited by hasmeh; 10-16-2020, 04:40 PM.

Comment

• Direct X-Static
                Editing a comment
                Where are all of the outrage articles over this? Why aren't people complaining like they did with Kinect's Always On approach?

Comment

• Its funny how some Sony fans are hyping and cheer-leading the features of the PS5 UI and to think Microsoft create the majority of those features back in 2013.

Sony's two left feet strike again and again. πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

Comment

• hasmeh
                  Editing a comment
                  Absolutely. At the time these features were regarded as unnecessary and waste.

• Blaze_ATX
                  Editing a comment
                  hasmeh, Yup, now those features are amazing and everybody should use it. Β―\_(ツ)_/Β―

Pony logic has no limit. πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

• Direct X-Static
                  Editing a comment
                  Does anybody remember the rumor that Series X could play two games at once? I remember we were expecting dual HDMI out at one point, so I wonder if MS ha some way of split screen for multiple games they've not talked about yet. Maybe the rumor is actually Quick Resume and was misunderstood at the time?

At any rate, I always thought the Snap feature was pretty cool, but it took resources away from games just like a 4K dashboard does.

• Destiny 2 - Changes coming via Beyond Light (Windows Central)

For several in-game seasons, the mysterious Darkness has been rising in the world of Destiny 2, challenging the Light of the Traveler and the Guardians. That rise to power is coming to a head in the upcoming expansion Beyond Light, which sees an army of Fallen warriors ally with the Darkness and wage war with the Guardians on the icy moon of Europa. The Guardians must investigate the situation and stop the Fallen at all costs β€” even if that means using the Darkness yourself to do it.

Here's our complete in-depth overview of everything that's coming in Beyond Light, including information on the story, new Stasis subclasses, pieces of new gear, Europa, and more.

https://www.windowscentral.com/desti...-you-need-know

Destiny 2: Beyond Light information about Europa

Source: Bungie

Europa is where all of the action in Beyond Light is going down, and it has quite an interesting history. Though the location is characterized by its extremely cold climate and harsh weather, Europa was once the site of a human colony owned by the Clovis Bray Exoscience Corporation β€” the same company that created Warminds like Rasputin as well as the Exos, a race created by putting a human consciousness into a special exoskeleton. The Deep Stone Crypt, the birthplace of all Exos, is confirmed to be on Europa.

In terms of what enemies players can expect to encounter on Europa, both Eramis' Fallen and legions of the Vex are known to be present there. Concept art of a Cabal base on Europa has been seen before as well, which suggests that remnants of the Red Legion or another Cabal faction may be active on the moon, too.

Bungie has also confirmed that Europa will feature a dynamic weather system, which is a first for Destiny 2's locations. Players can expect to deal with snowstorms and blizzards as they battle their way across Europa, though, according to Bungie, the weather changes don't have much of an impact beyond reducing visibility.

Bungie has also shared an image of the size of Europa's map ahead of Beyond Light's release. Based on the image, players can expect Europa to be roughly the size of the Dreaming City, a very large zone introduced with the Forsaken expansion in 2018.

Destiny 2: Beyond Light Stasis subclasses

One of the more exciting things coming in Beyond Light is the introduction of a brand new element to Destiny 2: Stasis, a form of cold Darkness energy usable by Guardians. Each class in the game is getting its own Stasis subclass. Here's an overview of each of them:
                • Titan Behemoth: Titans can use the Shivering Strike melee ability to send a foe careening backward while nearby enemies become slowed. Meanwhile, the Glacial Quake Super allows Titans to slam a Stasis-covered fist into the Earth, doing heavy damage and freezing nearby targets solid.
                • Hunter Revenant: The Withering Blade melee ability allows Hunters to throw a Stasis shuriken that ricochets off the target into other enemies, while the Silence & Squall Super enables the use of dual Kama blades that are used to freeze an enemy in place and then shatter them, creating a Stasis storm that damages other enemies close by.
                • Warlock Shadebinder: Warlocks can use the Penumbral Blast melee ability to freeze an enemy in place instantly, setting them up for further damage. The Winter's Wrath Super, meanwhile, allows Warlocks to use a Stasis staff to freeze enemies with projectiles. The Warlock can then detonate the staff's crystal, sending out a shockwave that shatters the frozen foes.
                Destiny 2: Beyond Light what's being removed?

Due to the sheer amount that Destiny 2 has grown over the years, Bungie has stated that it needs to rotate older pieces of content out of the game to make room for new activities and locations. Therefore, starting when New Light launches on November 10, Io, Mercury, Titan, Mars, The Farm, and The Leviathan are being put into the "Destiny Content Vault," or DCV. Additionally, all activities, missions, NPCs, quests, and rewards tied to these areas are being removed, too, as are all of the raids aside from Last Wish and Garden of Salvation. Some Crucible and Gambit maps tied to these areas are being put into the DCV as well, but not all of them. For a full breakdown of everything going into the DCV, check out Bungie's guide.

One thing that really does stink through this all and shows the insane value of GamePass.

As previously mentioned, Beyond Light is expected to launch on November 10, 2020. The Standard Edition of the expansion costs $40, and preordering it gives you instant access to a Stasis-themed Ghost Shell and a Europa-themed emblem. The Standard Edition + Season bundle costs $50 and comes with the Season Pass for Season 12, as well as access to the Exotic No Time to Explain pulse rifle. The Deluxe Edition is $70 and comes with everything in the Standard Edition + Season bundle, plus a Freeze Tag Exotic emote, an ornament for the No Time to Explain, and the Any Other Sky Exotic Sparrow. Finally, there's a "The Stranger Edition" that costs $130 and comes with everything the Deluxe Edition does, as well as a high quality 10-inch statue of the Exo Stranger. It's also important to note that Beyond Light will be available through Xbox Game Pass when it launches.

Just look at that
                Expansion - $40
                Above + few themes + Emblems + Season Pass + Exotic Rifle = $50
                Above + more in game rewards = $70

Comment

• Hoping E3 back again next year, because one thing is clear this year the Summer of gaming events by Geoff Keighley stink so hard, the only thing that is worth remember from those events was this...

Comment

• Watching Johnny Linneman have an argument with himself about how 4k dashboard (this last hour) will have better text quality has been a riot. No shit John. We are focused on games, you are focused on War and Peace being better reading on PS5 than Xbox. Enjoy the novel Johnny.

Comment

Last edited by Blaze_ATX; 10-16-2020, 06:02 PM.

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
                      Editing a comment
                      😎

• Direct X-Static
                      Editing a comment
                      Spencer thinks cloud gaming is going to deliver games to a wider audience than releasing them on the PS5. More Xboxes will be sold because of this acquisition too, which means more gamers on Xbox than last gen... and less on PS5.

• Making history in Japan

https://game.watch.impress.co.jp/doc...w/1283223.html

Comment

Comment

Comment

• Sony fans are mad.

Comment

• Direct X-Static
                            Editing a comment
                            It's so much fun to watch the PS empire come apart at the seams. There's been six months of disappointment form the Sony camp and there's no sign of them turning any of it aroung any time soon. This popcorn is buttery and delicious! πŸΏπŸ˜πŸ‘Œ
                        Working...
                        X