• Show
Clear All

• :)

Comment

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
        Editing a comment
        Phil Spencer and Major Nelson retweeting this give me hope for the June and July events, because Microsoft did an awesome job with MSBuild digital event and Xbox team need to use this type of format for their upcoming events.

:)

• So Sony dont know the exact date of their show in early June...plaing mambo jumbo game...

they must be try to steal a tunder from MS June event...where it is expected some hardware to be talked.

MS should let Sony do their show first and postnote their June show after.

Also Sony talks about great Azure deal..try to please MS so they would not be so hard on them...

Comment

• hasmeh
        Editing a comment
        I think MS have enough events to feel relaxed about it. As far as ponies go, if the event is in June or July, they will still big up whatever Sony do.

• banmaster
        Editing a comment
        sony is totally executed

• Blaze_ATX
        Editing a comment
        So far, Sony will have two events, one in early June and another one in August, Microsoft will have some type of event every month until launch.

• Didn't know Mojang had a studio in Japan... nice

Click image for larger version

Name:	VG04sy9.png
Views:	1
Size:	1.69 MB
ID:	63300

Click image for larger version

Name:	qbjHVQO.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	63299

Comment

• Unreal 4 Ray Tracing DXR demo

VS

Unreal 5 GI ligthing

No contest here - the PS5 looks very dated even before release

Comment

• Direct X-Static
          Editing a comment
          It's funny too, since the original XB1, running Gears 5 with a heavily modified version of UE4, already has similar software based RT support as the PS5 demo using UE5. That's why the PS5 demo looks dated!

• mistercteam
          Editing a comment
          indeed MrX

Comment

• http://www.gameblog.fr/news/90459-nv...bles-rtx-aussi

Comment

Comment

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
            Editing a comment
            OK, here are my picks...

1. Joanna Dark
            2. Orchid
            3. Sabrewolf
            4. Banjo-Kazooie
            5. Kameo
            6. Conquer

• bababrooks
            Editing a comment
            1. Conker
            2. Grunty
            3. Kameo
            4. Banjo
            5. Cooper
            6. Fox McCloud

• Given "light" of the current situation surrounding the PS5's lack of ray tracing in the UE5 demo, I thought it would be a good time to revisit this news from back in March. Here are some notable quotes:
          "LocalRay presented our software-based raytracing product. It was running on different levels of computing, from AMD or NVIDIA high-end graphics cards to laptops, tablets, and a year ago we also showcased it on smartphones."

"The way this (rebuilding the animating structure) is done, for example, by NVIDIA is with brute force, by just using a very, very strong, very powerful GPU. This, of course, speeds up everything. But if you want low power, this is a real problem, you cannot make it. So we started to design the whole thing, bottom-up, with the idea to deliver this solution to mobiles, to the lowest end."

"I wouldn't say that it runs (on consoles) just yet, but we are working on it and it will run... on one of the leading."

"Right now, we're not using Microsoft's DXR API. But we don't need this extension actually. These extensions are done, you see, for the hardware-based accelerating structures."

https://wccftech.com/localray-interv...on-raytracing/

It should be pretty obvious, from both this interview and the UE5 demo, which console LocalRays is running on. They don't need DXR, and even mention thet they designed their tech to run on low power devices without a very powerful GPU... but as we've seen from the demos it doesn't look nearly as good as HW acceleration from even Turing GPU's, which is the same result we see in UE5's software based GI solution.

Series X is greater than 25TF
          PS5 is less than 10.2TF

So which of these is the low power device again? ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”
          Last edited by Direct X-Static; 05-21-2020, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Comment

• ID@Xbox Game Fest 2020

Comment

Comment

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
                    Editing a comment
                    ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜

• hasmeh
                    Editing a comment
                    It seems to me that MS has started to get on the right side of PC enthusiasts. Not all will be converted but its starting to look promising.

• Direct X-Static
                    Editing a comment
                    Tim Sweeny is running damage control and the original interview about this news has been taken down...

Sony can't stop losing, lol! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

• Blaze_ATX
                    Editing a comment
                    Funny thing is, Tim Sweeney says that the Chinese engineer from Epic is wrong and what they're were watching was an mp4 file of the conference on a laptop ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ come on, Timmy, if they were watching an mp4 file, then why delete everything? posts and video? ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ but more hilarious is that the pony's believe Tim Sweeney. LMAO!!!

Last edited by Blaze_ATX; 05-21-2020, 07:10 PM.

• Direct X-Static
                    Editing a comment
                    Yep, Blaze, I'll bet Sony was supposed to have had exclusivity for a certain period on the UE5 demo so that they could "look good" next to the competition... not get beaten by a laptop a few days later.

• scottvxr
                    Editing a comment
                    Burnt๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

• I hope they can support HDMI-CEC on Xbox soon.

I have Logitech Harmony, but sometimes Xbox just boots the Denon receiver without any need. When I play during my wife sleep I always use headphones.

Unfortunatetly, Kinect IR emitter isn't a reply to this for me. I used it for a long time, but sometimes I do want to just power off to see a movie Xbox without powering off all my setup.

Anyone have some issues too?

What do you do?
                  Last edited by xboxfandev; 05-21-2020, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Comment

• Direct X-Static
                      Editing a comment
                      Hell (for Ponies) has no fury like a PS5 Scorned, lol!

Comment

Comment

• Comment

• G-Force
                          Editing a comment
                          It is very interesting that Unreal 5 guys have confirmed PS5 is running RDNA1 tech by the use of only primitive shaders and no raytracing.

Because lets be honest here, if it had Mesh Shaders and Ray tracing why wouldn't they show that off.

"Hey look here on a not even released Engine running old stuff, look at how good it looks"... lol really?

lets be honest though, AMD Did announce the PS5 at the same time as their RDNA1 stuff, and who knows maybe Sony helped them develop primitive shaders, but now already obsolete with Mesh Shaders etc.

I will end up getting the PS5 this gen as long as they have back compatibility / improved quality for back compat titles i haven't played.
                          Last edited by G-Force; 05-22-2020, 08:36 AM.

• mistercteam
                          Editing a comment
                          indeed Gforce thats also why i said on My twit, at least some site already stated that UE5 use RDNA1 Prim Shader

• Misterx
                          Editing a comment
                          Sony smoke and mirros campaigh (wicht is their bread & butter) will continue with PS5. First: on ps4 1080p 60fps, then ps4 "pro" fake 4K... and now Fake Ray Tracing on ps5..Amazing

• banmaster
                          Editing a comment
                          @ Mister X

Yep, it's a real sony, but it won't be long, they've sunk a lot

• OrionWolf
                          Editing a comment
                          G-Force Indeed, the more time passes the more it's evident that the ps5 lacks dedicated RT HW. There's the post from Direct X-Static as well, with the company making software based RT for a "undisclosed" next generation console. The pretense is getting annoying.

Sony doesn't want to come out with the fact that they're severely lacking the RT capabilities that the XSX has. They're not willing to comment on that as they know what the reaction is going to bd like.

• Blaze_ATX
                          Editing a comment
                          OrionWolf, Sony does not want to talk anything about the PS5 other than the ssd (Secret Sauce Device ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ), I wonder why? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

• Direct X-Static
                          Editing a comment
                          Here's some more food for thought...

If Series X is 12+13tf (4K/60) then Lockhart would be roughly 4+?tf (1440p/60). There were also some early reports that the PS5 was slightly more powerful and a little better at ray tracing, and it's looking like a 1440p/60 machine now too. With that information in mind, I believe devs were working with Lockhart until MS had Series X dev kits to send out... probably to lull Sony into a fallse sense of security about how they stacked up against Xbox.

Back on point though, the NVRAM solution is almost certainly part of Series X. The evidence supports it, and the Series X is dual purposed to run as commercial cloud servers once the XB1 blades are retired from service. It's Beta Tested in the Future 2.0.

• OrionWolf
                          Editing a comment
                          Blaze_ATX yep, but I'm trying to be as exact as I can be with the info. We're all xbox fans here, it's easy to assume we're all going to sh*t on the ps5 any chance we get, but with Sony being as quiet as they are for this long it should be clear to people there's something else going on here. Sony is not mentioning the competition, they're trying to avoid any direct comparison for a reason. I mean, why would a company present a product and push the whole unveiling on two aspect of that product (audio and SSD)?

This rhetorical comment is not for us on the page, but for all of those ps fanboys from era, gaf etc. Not trying to be a dick here, but if the situation was reversed, there would have been countless memes and millions of articles ridiculing MS and xbox for hyping an SSD.

Comment

• PlayStation 5 Reveal Event Will Feature Limited Number Of Third-Party Games Not Actually Running On The Console โ€“ Rumor

Will use a badge "disclaimer: this game is running in a PC environment but will be optimized for PS5."

https://wccftech.com/playstation-5-r...y-not-running/

Comment

• Direct X-Static
                            Editing a comment
                            Notice they make the disclaimer vague, not saying better or worse but simply, "optimized", lol... Yeah, 1440p/30 optimized!๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

• Originally posted by Misterx View Post
                          PlayStation 5 Reveal Event Will Feature Limited Number Of Third-Party Games Not Actually Running On The Console โ€“ Rumor

Will use a badge "disclaimer: this game is running in a PC environment but will be optimized for PS5."

https://wccftech.com/playstation-5-r...y-not-running/

And the following badge is the one Sony will use as a disclaimer....

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
                            Editing a comment
                            ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜

• OrionWolf
                            Editing a comment
                            + SW based RT

• Direct X-Static
                            Editing a comment
                            Dammit, Blaze! I just posted above and you've got this post up already, lol! It's so true though.

Comment

• Misterx
                            Editing a comment
                            Yes it is really a holy grail..

when i programmed DX graphics 20 years ago i would never thought it will be possible any time soon in real time in games

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X