No announcement yet.

Main Thread & News Stream. Xbox Infinity [277]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're Not Kidding - Saints Row The Third Remastered Is An Exceptional Effort

:)

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
      Editing a comment
      Xbox One X - At 60FPS

PS4 Pro - not even close at 60FPS, Oof...terrible frame-rate.

• Direct X-Static
      Editing a comment
      Game looks great! I just hope they go back to the Saints Row 1/2 style more if they reboot because it was way better than GTA was, IMO. Oh, and Nothing of SR4 should return because that game was no Saint's Row.

• PAC-MAN comes to Minecraft!

Comment

• :)

Comment

• hasmeh
        Editing a comment
        I am really excited to play this game. Jez Corden was impressed with controller improvements. I played Wasteland 2 and enjoyed it but sort of gave up due to some difficulty spikes and UI issues.

Comment

Comment

• Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath โ€“ RoboCop vs. Terminator

Comment

Comment

• DirectX-Static

Here's some more food for thought...

If Series X is 12+13tf (4K/60) then Lockhart would be roughly 4+?tf (1440p/60). There were also some early reports that the PS5 was slightly more powerful and a little better at ray tracing, and it's looking like a 1440p/60 machine now too. With that information in mind, I believe devs were working with Lockhart until MS had Series X dev kits to send out... probably to lull Sony into a fallse sense of security about how they stacked up against Xbox.
              Man, then compared to XOneX there was no to very little gen jump if compared to X Series S

So i dontt think Sony got foolled.

They knew everything

Comment

• Direct X-Static
                Editing a comment
                You may be right, Mr. X. Sony was in too deep with development of PS5 to make major changes anyways.

Comment

• Direct X-Static
                Editing a comment
                Wow, good stuff here. 3GB textures reduced to 0.5GB is just insane, especially since roughly 70% of memory is used for textures.

• OrionWolf
                Editing a comment
                Textures can get insanely large. It's funny to me that people think they know better than MS what software implementation is going to work better. I've seen comments on reddit arguing how Kraken is better as textures are not the only thing there is in a game. It's like MS doesn't know that, like the myriad of engineers and programmers have no clue what they're doing. Also that a lot of question we're already answered. Like for example that MS has a general purpose decompression algorithms. Or that they, like Sony, have a dedicated audio chip, but you know, when you don't spend 20min out of a 50min presentation of your console discussing audio like the competition did ... well, it doesn't sound as important does it... let alone if you mention briefly it a paragraph in some article๐Ÿ˜

Like: "Audio chip? Oh yeah, we've got that." and that's about it.
                Last edited by OrionWolf; Yesterday, 09:56 AM.

Last edited by Blaze_ATX; 05-23-2020, 05:33 PM.

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
                Editing a comment
                ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜

• TRXPLEX
                Editing a comment
                If 2080ti RTX had a problems to run Minecraft with full RT at stable 60fps/1080, then XSX will be worse.

• Blaze_ATX
                Editing a comment
                TRXPLEX, LOL!!! I think you mean the PS5 will be worse, those 36 cu does not look good compare to the 52 cu the beast Xbox Series X have. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜

• The Power of The Cloud
                Editing a comment
                lower your expectation
                https://www.igamesnews.com/news/scor...e-performance/
                even scorn can't run at fluid rtx on
                the xsx is only an apu has the ps5 even a 5500 $ gpu only 84 t on ray we are talking about a 500 $ box

• Blaze_ATX
                Editing a comment
                The Power of The Cloud, The Scorn developers are a small independent studio, so off course they will have priorities on their development, I've expect the ray tracing tech will shine on big projects from first party and big AAA titles from third party partners.

• Direct X-Static
                Editing a comment
                @ Power

Series X has 350% more G Rays and 10% more T Ops than that $5500 card, lol... and yes, we are talking about a $500 console so how are you not impressed?

http://misterxmedia.com/forum/gaming...3369#post63369

• From Twitter...

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
                Editing a comment
                ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

• Misterx
                Editing a comment
                :))

• Nvidia Marbles RTX

Run on Single RTX 8000 $5500:
              CUDA Parallel-Processing Cores - 4,608
              NVIDIA Tensor Cores - 576
              NVIDIA RT Cores - 72
              GPU Memory - 48 GB GDDR6 with ECC
              RTX-OPS - 84T
              Rays Cast - 11 Giga Rays/Sec
              FP32 Performance - 16.3 TFLOPS
              RT perfomance is actually lower compared to XSX:
              RTX-OPS >97T
              Rays Cast - 38 Giga Rays/Sec
              So its totally achivable on XSX

One "fiendish problem" for ray tracing has involved how shaders can call on other shaders if two rays interact, says Andrew Goossen, a technical fellow at Microsoft who works on the Xbox Series X.

GPUs work on problems like rays in parallel: making parallel processes talk to each other is complex.

Super Computer arch comes to PC. Where many parallel proceses share results beetween them...AXI bridge from insider i guess responsible for smart data movement so there is no stalls when we write results from RT cores to memory

Comment

• Direct X-Static
                Editing a comment
                3.5 times more Rays and 10% more T Ops from a $500 console??? ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

MS is definitely using some extremely innovative next gen tech to achieve this level of performance.

• banmaster
                Editing a comment
                This will be a console that will leave people in disbelief, I am waiting for the eater to see forza 8 on the move, this game will look super realistic, for some sickly unrealistic, I am impatient

• The New Legends: Official Sea of Thieves Showcase Trailer

Comment

• AMD "Big" Navi GPU Uncovered | AMD Ryzen XT Matisse Refresh Leaked huge news for PC market

Comment

• From Beyond3d forum, really interesting.

https://forum.beyond3d.com/posts/2126890/

Comment

• Direct X-Static
                    Editing a comment
                    If Sony's answer to solving this problem was simply brute force, and MS has better compression to close the throughput disparity, then Series X will also be able to cache in similar ways. With SFS on top of that, I have to think that Series X can get data faster than PS5 can.

Edit: Notice the choice of wording at the end too... "...constant high throughput of the (Series X) SSD..." So I guess that they know something about the throughput of the PS5 SSD, meaning that the PS5 will not hit the numbers Sony threw at us in a sustained capacity (just as we expected).
                    Last edited by Direct X-Static; 05-23-2020, 09:38 PM.

• TRXPLEX
                    Editing a comment
                    PS5 is better at this, of course
                    Last edited by TRXPLEX; 05-23-2020, 09:48 PM.

• Blaze_ATX
                    Editing a comment
                    TRXPLEX, LOL!!! Maybe you should read it first, before post dumb nonsense, like always. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

• G-Force
                    Editing a comment
                    Not only that but they can be loaded and bypass RAM straight into the GPU... :)

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
                    Editing a comment
                    ssd (Secret Sauce Device) ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜

• hasmeh
                    Editing a comment
                    Hahaha, Brilliant. Atleast this gen xbox fans have ammunition to use.

• Blaze_ATX
                    Editing a comment
                    hasmeh, Yup, they are so many memes of the PS5 ssd, it's hilarious. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

• TRXPLEX
                    Editing a comment
                    PS5 CPU is SMT only. Well, looks like missing RDNA 2 for PS5 GPU, SSD speed for both XSX and PS5 is missing. Probably because reasons

• Blaze_ATX
                    Editing a comment
                    TRXPLEX, ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ Someone please explain the joke to pony troll, he doesn't get it. hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

• Direct X-Static
                    Editing a comment
                    @ TRXPLEX

"Well, looks like missing RDNA 2 for PS5 GPU..."

Pretty ironic that you of all people would point this out, because we were all noticing that too. I mean, between the missing ray tracing and use of primitive shaders in the UE5 demo, and the only confirmed RDNA2 feature in the PS5 GPU being the CU's, PS5 is RDNA 1.5 at best, lol!!! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

• Nitfol
                    Editing a comment
                    Hilarious. Trxplexโ€™s response unintentionally makes it even funnier.

• Anyone messed around with IPTV, send me some info in DMs if you have any knowledge on that. Good company, panel, etc.
                  Last edited by DutchRogers; 05-24-2020, 05:39 PM.

Comment

• Wasteland 3 - Dev Diary #2

Comment

Comment

• Direct X-Static
                        Editing a comment
                        We don't want to set unrealistic expectations, James says...

At least we know what Series X will do when MS talks about it. All I hear from PS5 is theeretical maximums and no explanations of how their tech actually works, lol.

Comment

• banmaster
                        Editing a comment
                        This is going to be really good, I smell something like that

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
                        Editing a comment
                        John Linneman from digital foundry, destroying pony's dreams with hard cold facts. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜

• Direct X-Static
                        Editing a comment
                        And the performance difference between dedicated HW and a SW based solution is like comparing a car to a bicycle. DF, as usual, is laying the smackdown.

• banmaster
                        Editing a comment
                        It seems to me that he managed to make a difference between the two systems as far as lighting is concerned

• Blaze_ATX
                        Editing a comment
                        Direct X-Static, Exactly.

• scottvxr
                        Editing a comment
                        RC car that can only go left......just like Sony's two left feet๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

• FLASHBACKMAN
                        Editing a comment
                        like Forza Horizon VS Driveclub...

• Blaze_ATX
                        Editing a comment
                        scottvxr, Yooooooo!!!! LMAO!!!

• OrionWolf
                        Editing a comment
                        Let me make it even simpler, you can update software, but not HW. Hopefully that makes it clear what's going to happen. The HW is set, there's no changing it, unless delaying the console.

• Top 10 Best Things About Xbox Game Pass

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
                        Editing a comment
                        ๐Ÿ’šGame-Pass๐Ÿ’š

• hasmeh
                        Editing a comment
                        GamePass is brilliant.

I have a feeling that Sony is working on something similar and will reveal. Something like PlayStation Access. Change the name to differentiate from PS Now.

• Blaze_ATX
                        Editing a comment
                        hasmeh, Yup and hardcore pony's will cry and get mad, when Sony announce that their first party titles will go day one on the service.

• OrionWolf
                        Editing a comment
                        Game-pass is far beyond anything any other company has done. And it quiet apparently works really, really well. Sony, if they're smart, will make they're own game-pass like service.

• The Master Chief is back.

The legendary super soldier returns in Halo Infinite. 343 Industries and Microsoft are building the biggest and most visually spectacular Halo yet. Halo Infinite debuts on the Xbox family of consoles, including Xbox Series X, Microsoft's latest and most powerful game console. To take full advantage of its prodigious graphical prowess, 343 Industries built an all-new, next-generation game engine, giving their world-class artists the tools and technology to realize the worlds, war, and wonder of the Halo universe in unprecedented style and fidelity. 343 Industries have given Dark Horse access to the art and artists who've brought Halo Infinite to vibrant, vivid life. It's all here in unparalleled detail, the heroes you've grown to love--the Master Chief, the brave soldiers of the UNSC, as well as the weapons, vehicles, villains and vistas--and of course, the eponymous and magnificent environments of Halo itself.

The Art of Halo Infinite also features a brand-new cover from legendary concept artist and Halo Infinite's Art Director, Sparth! Join us as we take you from concept to launch inside the artwork of the most ambitious Halo game to date.

Last edited by Blaze_ATX; 05-24-2020, 04:02 PM.

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
                        Editing a comment
                        Quote: "Halo Infinite*debuts on the Xbox family of consoles, including Xbox Series X, Microsoft's latest and most powerful game console. To take full advantage of its prodigious graphical prowess"

๐Ÿ˜Ž

• From Twitter....

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
                        Editing a comment
                        This is just...๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜

• banmaster
                        Editing a comment
                        Oh fuck man๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚