• Show
Clear All

• :)

Comment

Comment

• BadCeeJay1975
        Editing a comment
        Interesting timing. I can't help but wonder whether the timing of this is significant and indicates a shake up of the service? Why leave now just before an exciting time for Xbox? I think this adds some validity to my theory that Xbox Live Gold and the online paywall is going to disappear and be announced at the upcoming event. The online gaming elements of Xbox Live could easily get moved under a different team such as Xcloud or even Azure itself.

Comment

• Crysis Remastered Trailer

:)

Comment

• Apex Predator
          Editing a comment
          yikes that looks bad. What part of this actually remastered?

• Blaze_ATX
          Editing a comment
          Yup, it looks like the BC version with some enhancements.

• jon3sy9
          Editing a comment
          maybe because this is the old version and someones faked it for clicks. i guess u fell for it.

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
          Editing a comment
          Wow!!!

• banmaster
          Editing a comment
          I said on twitter everyone related to sony is fucked up and counterfeiters, fakes and scammers, everyone

• The Latest on Lockhart and A little Something Extra

)
        Last edited by Blaze_ATX; 06-30-2020, 05:16 PM.

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
          Editing a comment
          Quotes: "Initially, the console was going to be announced in June but the latest reports say August, but I can’t independently verify that yet. Here’s a fun fact though, the original launch plans for Lockhart was that it was going to be released in Mid-October. That may not sound all that surprising, but Anaconda, the series X, was going to release in late August; clearly plans have been adjusted since the conception of the hardware."

"No surprise that those dates have slipped and the announcement timeline for Lockhart has been far more fluid than we have seen in previous years. That’s why it’s a bit hard to lock down the exact date but the announcement should be coming sooner, rather than later."

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
          Editing a comment
          I wonder why this headline is bothering some pony's on twitter. 😁

• banmaster
          Editing a comment
          When a couple of months ago there were rumors that ps 5 is stronger than xbox by 2 tf, i believe it was a lockhart, now it will be that lockhart is like ps 5 strength, not to believe

• KeokeN on Next-Gen: We Don’t See Many Differences Between PS5 & XSX; Tempest Will Free CPU Resources

Here's a quote from the article:
        "The computing power of the new consoles is very promising, and we're very excited to see ray tracing come to next-gen consoles. It is difficult to say since we don't know the exact ray tracing specifications yet, but early snippets of info do suggest similar performance to an RTX 2070 Super, which will definitely be enough for similar results to what we have now on PC."

https://wccftech.com/keoken-on-next-...cpu-resources/

It's been a slow few days of news, guys, so I did the unthinkable... I went to N4G. It was actually pretty funny, as usual, to see the Ponies try to ignore what the dev actually said in the above quote and just argue based off of the title of the article. Notice in the quote that the dev says, "...we don't know the EXACT ray tracing capabilities yet, but early snippets of info SUGGEST...", yet Ponies are taking this as Gospel that the PS5 is on par with Series X. The reality of this quote is that the dev being interviewed is only making assumptions based off of the TF numbers and not the actual system performances of either console. If you guys go over there, be prepared to laugh at the ignorance of all of the Ponies posting in that cesspool.

https://n4g.com/news/2355627/keoken-...-cpu-resources

If you follow the link, you can see fantastic quotes, such as:
        "I'm calling it now, the PS5 will have a CPU advantage compared to XSX, because Sony has coprocessors for decompressing and tempest freeing CPU resources. The PS5 might have more CPU headroom for games to use."
        "More advance I/O setup, more advance SSD, more channels, lower amount of CU's....but clocked significantly higher than competitors, 8 separate CU's each as powerful as the Jaguar chip in the PS4, Craken engine. This is just a small synopsis on the tech involved in PS5.
        Now look at what everyone focuses on when talking about Xbox series X!? Teraflops here, Teraflops there! Hell they just started talking up the SSD, imo it was simply to try to keep their footing. As far as Xbox series X I/O it's last gen and the console itself doesn't have as many channels and pipelines dedicated throughout to the system."

Freaking comedy gold!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
          Editing a comment
          Lmao!!!

• OrionWolf
          Editing a comment
          "early snippets of info do suggest similar performance to an RTX 2070 Super " and yet the mesh-shading video in the DX12 presentation the XSX was doing 4k while the 2080ti was doing 1440p. The only one with 2070S levels of perf is the ps5. And even than when overclocked. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sJ_g-aWriQ

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
          Editing a comment
          The damage control continues from Epic, but Epic, if this is true, why UE5 demo runs on PS5 at 1444p / 30FPS? 🤣😂

• Direct X-Static
          Editing a comment
          Vice president of engineering Nick Penwarden said, “I can say that the GPU time spent rendering geometry in our UE5 demo is similar to the geometry rendering budget for Fortnite running at 60fps on consoles.”

So what's chewing up the rest of the GPU budget then... there's way more budget left over to do everything else if the geometry pipeline is so efficient. My guess? If there was dedicated hardware for ray tracing in the PS5, the GPU would have had plenty of power for higher resolutions and frame rates too.

• OrionWolf
          Editing a comment
          He really can't stand it huh. That they bet on the wrong horse here.

Comment

Comment

• docLEXfisti
            Editing a comment
            oh my... yummy

• hasmeh
            Editing a comment
            I hope we get to see games with such atmosphere and art from Xbox. I like atmospheric games where as a character you get to explore the world around you. I really liked that in Fallout 3. Even if its barren areas held promise of an interesting story.

• Will Microsoft Reveal a Digital Xbox Series X?

Comment

Comment

• Quotes:

"
              The vibe around the game hasn’t gotten much better since then. On June 12, Vice published its review of The Last of Us Part 2, in which critic Rob Zacny said that while the game had “memorable moments” that made for great “spectacle,” he was less taken with the story and characters. “Nobody ever reconsiders their quest for vengeance,” Zacny wrote. “Everyone acts under a kind of vindictive compulsion that goes little remarked and unexamined.” Zacny went on to describe the game’s message as complacent, full of “oppressive bleakness and violence.”

"While the vast majority of reviews have lavished The Last of Us Part 2 with all sorts of praise, a handful of outlets — Polygon included — have been slightly more critical of the blockbuster game. According to Zacny, Vice’s review prompted a Sony representative to reach out on behalf of Naughty Dog."

“They felt some of the conclusions I reached in my review were unfair and dismissed some meaningful changes or improvements,” Zacny told Polygon over Twitter messages."

"Zacny clarified that the exchange wasn’t “confrontational,” but that it was nonetheless “unusual,” as the site doesn’t typically have big publishers asking in an official capacity why a review reads the way it does. Such things can happen, of course, though often with smaller developers, or from publishers who have spotted a factual error in a piece that they want corrected."

“I was happy to unpack a bit of my reasoning, however, and received a perfectly cordial message in response,” Zacny said. Naughty Dog’s PR team declined to comment on Polygon’s inquiry about its exchange with Vice."

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
                Editing a comment
                Imagine the backlash Microsoft and any of their studios will receive, if they does any of this with any game reviewer.

• Direct X-Static
                Editing a comment
                Sony is acting like a Karen, lol! MS accepted the low scores they've gotten on games like SoT and never complain like entitled children.

Shame on you guys at Sony.

• banmaster
                Editing a comment
                These are ordinary stinky pussies

• hasmeh
                Editing a comment
                The exchange doesn't need to be confrontational. Just the fact that they were butt hurt to seek clarification is enough.

• BadCeeJay1975
                Editing a comment
                Its always enlightening when you get to peek behind the veil of the games industry and find out little details of how things actually work. Even though Sony may not flat out pay for favourable reviews they do clearly try to engineer a positive review in ways that seem underhanded. They definitely seem to employ a carrot and stick approach. It's been known for a long time that reviewers will get sent goodie bags and get invited on all expenses paid trips to various conferences and events which is the carrot aspect of games reviewers but we don't often hear about the stick. We already know that only those sites that give favourable reviews will get advance copies of future games and as soon as a negative review appears they will be removed from that privileged list but this is a huge step further than that. It reminds me of all those American gangster movies where if a particular business such as a barbers or shop doesn't pay their respects (and protection monies) they will get a visit from the enforcers who will "persuade" them to fall into line. You see the Don walking down the street giving dollar bills out to people, grabbing a piece of fruit from a stall without paying, pulling a load of lollipops out of his pocket to give to the local children and all the while being shadowed by a group of tough guys. This is the image I have in my head about Sony right now.

This does however make perfect sense when you look back at the favourable aggregated scores for Sony games compared to Microsoft's and although we all tell ourselves that the final Metacritic score doesn't matter, it does! A great Metacritic score is a measuring stick that is used across the internet to describe a game. Many a fanboy argument has boiled down to this one single number, "X game got 92 so it is clearly superior to Y game that got 89", "LOL at Y game, Y is trash compared to X", "X console has an average of 85 for al games this holidays whereas Y console only has 83, Y console is trash LOL". It doesn't matter how much you think that these review scores don't matter to you, they do. If a game in a series that you love comes out then it probably isn't going to make or break a sale for you, if a dev who you like makes a game that doesn't get above 85 it probably won't stop you looking at it some more to see whether its right for you or not. But what about a game from a new developer or one previously unknown to you? What about a game that you don't immediately identify as being a genre that you know you'll enjoy? More often than not most people (myself included) will make an arbitrary decision on whether a game is worth investigating further or whether you just dismiss it out right and move on purely on that Metacritic score. Sure, sometimes word of mouth will mean that a game you previously dismissed will appear on your radar but with so many games out there it's very easy for a game to get entirely overlooked without a second thought. And then conversely, how many times have you bought a game simply because it got a great score even though you haven't previously liked games in that genre only to find out that you didn't like this one either and feel that you wasted your money and should have listened to your gut instinct?

The fact that we are steered by these review scores whether we want to admit it or not means that there is a lot riding on them so it shouldn't really come as much surprise that the big publishers will do whatever it takes to get the most favourable reviews possible. I feel that Microsoft always tend to stay away from anything that could be controversial and cause a PR shitstorm wherever they can whereas Sony seem to be right at home pulling strings from the shadows. I think this mentality of fair and open play stems from the major anti-trust cases that Microsoft went through in 2001 and seems to have had a lasting effect on the company as a whole. On a positive note, the antithesis of Metacritic is GamePass, a service where it really doesn't matter about those scores. You can go ahead and play tons of different games without worrying about what other people think about them and discover some really excellent games that you would have otherwise dismissed and never experienced.

Last edited by Blaze_ATX; 07-01-2020, 01:11 AM.

Comment

• Comment

Comment

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
                      Editing a comment
                      😎

• hasmeh
                      Editing a comment
                      July is going to be a long month.

• OMG. I was expecting some cool xbox new yesterday. Glanced a euro gamer headline saying MS would close June with a bug 20/20 moment. Makes sense I thought as Jez tweeted July's thing will be towards the end.

Anyway just went back to read the article and properly read the headline

Microsoft will close out June without a big Xbox 20/20 moment

🤬

Comment

Comment

• hasmeh
                        Editing a comment
                        Haha, i am glad i never paid for Fallout 76.

• xboxfandev
                        Editing a comment
                        Two games leaving I want to play, Dead Rising 4 and Metal Gear Solid V. Thankfully, Metal Gear V is a Games with Gold I got.

I'm playing part of my time just chasing games leaving Game Pass.

Are other members with the same problem?

Some times I just need to rush through games. 15 days is way to low. Prey is a game I wish I have more time. A couple of games I needed to buy.

• banmaster
                        Editing a comment
                        Yep i have that problem also 😔

Comment

Comment

• Direct X-Static
                          Editing a comment
                          But, but, but, Metacritic said it was no good...

• Minecraft Dungeons: Jungle Awakens [Official Launch Trailer]

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X