Main Thread & News Stream. Xbox Era Begins [278]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• This game is raw on Xbox Series X right now, but they can get more stable frames and it's better in 120FPS mode.

Microsoft needs to update tools soon. This narrative should not be extended.

Comment

• The Power of The Cloud
        Editing a comment
        It's not coming from the tool according to devs of dirt5
        https://youtu.be/aXIHdzVC9vE

• Blaze_ATX
        Editing a comment
        The Power of The Cloud, LOL...Once again, tools are not mature enough, talking to you is like talking to a brick wall πŸ˜‚πŸ€£, because you ignore a lot of things that was said in that interview. 😎

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EnVM_k5W...g&name=900x900

:)

• The Power of The Cloud
        Editing a comment
        🀣🀣🀣 the tool are not ready liké the games what is Microsoft doing for the 5 past years
        And yes the dev said clearly to dealer that the tool are young but it's not lacking. Devs quote
        The problem is clearly the Xbox family compatibility xcloud and sΓ©ries s are holding back the sΓ©ries x third party have to make game for xbone ,s,x xs,s,x PS,4,5 stadia,luna even Switch sometimes you really think they take time to optimise for console
        Hell no
        Last edited by The Power of The Cloud; 11-22-2020, 11:15 AM.

• Blaze_ATX
        Editing a comment
        The Power of The Cloud, Like I've said, you are the dumbest person ever πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ not only do you not understand how game development works πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ it's clear you do not understand what the developer meant by that, but once again it's matter of time. 😎

πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

"The problem is clearly the Xbox family compatibility xcloud and sΓ©ries s are holding back the sΓ©ries x third party have to make game for xbone ,s,x xs,s,x PS,4,5 stadia,luna even Switch sometimes you really think they take time to optimise for console"
        Hell no

Example of person who post dumb stuff and speak on something he clearly don't understand. πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

LOL

Last edited by Blaze_ATX; 11-22-2020, 12:34 PM.

• Watch Dogs: Legion was crashing when trying to quit the game

Xbox Update Preview Alpha already fixed it. Quick Resume is disabled with this game too.

This caused not only to loss of the current state of the game but also the previous state. The recovered backup could make you lose 30 minutes of play. I lost several times.

To anyone losing game saves, try to update. Remember that you may be subject to more bugs, but they may be bugs that do not actually hinder your use.
      Last edited by xboxfandev; 11-22-2020, 02:14 AM.

Comment

• xboxfandev
        Editing a comment
        The game is much better performance-wise too. It maintain 30FPS much more stable and without hiccups.

• :)

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
        Editing a comment
        It's matter of time. 😎

Btw, the director of Dirt 5, already announced that a patch is in the works to fix all the issues Series X version has.

• banmaster
        Editing a comment
        The Power of The Cloud and trplex
        would be better off taking care that ps 5 doesn't explode in his face :)

• xboxfandev
        Editing a comment
        If they correct with just one patch and explain they aren't using everything they can yet will be good.

• FearL0rd
        Editing a comment
        Another bad launch for Microsoft. They didn't learn anything from XBOX One
        PS5 is getting momentum like PS4

• Blaze_ATX
        Editing a comment
        FearL0rd, LOL...Nope, what are you talking about.

• David Springate - Technical Director at Codemasters

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
        Editing a comment
        Like I've said, it's matter of time. 😎

• Blaze_ATX
        Editing a comment
        But...but in the interview with dealer, he said...πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ sometimes, some people try too hard. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜

Last edited by Blaze_ATX; 11-22-2020, 07:10 PM.

• The Power of The Cloud
        Editing a comment
        The 120hz is not the biggest issue with this game the quality is and he said nothing about that and thΓ© 120 Hz issue was already mention in the interview because of the lack of 120 Hz screen at there home

• Blaze_ATX
        Editing a comment
        The Power of The Cloud, Wrong again, go back and listen the interview again πŸ˜‚ also, they are working on a patch to fix the issues, but keep moving the goalpost. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜œ

• The Power of The Cloud
        Editing a comment
        https://youtu.be/aXIHdzVC9vE#t=46m
        Nothing to do with tool and lack of 120 Hz TV
        He's just a nice Guy
        But let's face it WE are all waiting for the next Forza horizon

• Blaze_ATX
        Editing a comment
        The Power of The Cloud, LOL...Nope, you are being obtuse for no reason and not understand what he's saying, Microsoft waited for RDNA 2 to be finished by AMD and that's why they send the certified GDK in June 2020 and for that reason tools are not mature enough, digital foundry and others devs are acknowledge this already, but you choose to ignore this fact, again, check this out it's pretty clear, https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EnVM_k5W...g&name=900x900 😎

• Me, right now....

Comment

• Direct X-Static
        Editing a comment
        Lol, Power of The Cloud just doesn't get it... show them direct evidence and they still can't admit that they are wrong. That's okay, because future titles are going to shame the PS5 hardware even more than the possibility that overclocking the PS5 is killing the system and causing massive glitches.

• Funny, that we still seeing multiple reports like this one by many gamers and the media, especially the big outlets are quiet and not reporting any of this.

Media, right now...

Last edited by Blaze_ATX; 11-22-2020, 11:20 PM.

Comment

• Direct X-Static
        Editing a comment
        Sony's PS5 is a nightmare, and it's only a matter of time before big media outlets are forced to cover it or find themselves replaced by social media and video bloggers.

• Translation:
      How did Sony deliver this game on time, even with everyone delaying on account of COVID?

Comment

• GO LIVE: Xbox Series X vs Playstation 5 - The Unexpected Twist

Comment

• OrionWolf
          Editing a comment
          I recommend watching the part at 16:40 where Chris Grannell says what he has been hearing from devs in the industry ... for those not wanting to watch: PS5 being the lead platform for development because they had devkits in 2019 and more than a year headstart with very mature devkits.

• Blaze_ATX
          Editing a comment
          OrionWolf, Yup and thanks for posting this, I've been saying this since Friday, but some people are ignoring this fact and being obtuse for no reason, also the technical director of Codemasters already announce they are working on a patch that will fix the majority of the issues.

• Got a nice call today, several weeks before I was expecting it, just got my Series X, yeah baby :)

Comment

• kssxs
          Editing a comment
          Sweet! Enjoy dude! Loving mine so far! :D

• hasmeh
          Editing a comment
          Congrats. I love my XSX. It is such a fantastic console.

• gunholio
          Editing a comment
          Fab!!

What I recommend you do is, play your x for a week or so, then go back to your xbox one. It will just make you *really* appreciate it :)
          I fired my day one up for a kinect game and, well...

I think I'd have paid extra money for quick resume alone. Valhalla, Apex, Fortnight ( I have a friend who trying to get better to play with his son) and Fifa 20... just there
          It works well for me as I end up with lots of small chunks of time, so even surving a reboot (system update fingers crossed) means if I have 15 mins, I can spend that doing a mission instead of watching loading screen.

• OrionWolf
          Editing a comment
          Congrats mate, enjoy.

gunholio people were downplaying loading times way too much, being able to restart a match or just load a game almost instantly is even more of a gamechanger than 120fps to me personally.
          Last edited by OrionWolf; 11-23-2020, 12:33 PM.

• xboxfandev
          Editing a comment
          Great, G-Force! I love when a new forum member receive his console. Even more when such a old and nice member as you.

• Joddington
          Editing a comment
          Quick Resume has been great; swapping between a couple of games of an evening is so much smoother now.

• G-Force
          Editing a comment
          Thanks everyone, now I just need to get the time to play it... :)

• Weak Cooler Design: PlayStation 5 Thermals, Power, & Noise Testing

Comment

• hasmeh
          Editing a comment
          I think the strategy is clear. Release the console irrespective of any issues. Use the good will of the past gen and then get a revision in as soon as possible to address as many issues as possible.

• OrionWolf
          Editing a comment
          I do hope Sony extends the warranty if this become a bigger issue, I don't wish these problems onto anyone. Also I do hope he makes an XSX and XSS video I want to see the thermals on them as well.
          Last edited by OrionWolf; 11-24-2020, 07:58 AM.

• Direct X-Static
          Editing a comment
          I agree, Orion, no real gamer should have to endure this. Ponies, and by extension Sony themselves, deserve this though. Sony is going to have to bear the financial burden and Ponies are going to have a meltdown of their own because their all thinking that PS5 is just a more powerful machine. Sadly for them, it's just a poorly engineered console that boosted its clocks too high and overheats... reminds me of the Wyvern story from several months ago now that I think about it.

On a side note, this guy sounds like a weather man. 😁

• As the generation matures and more first party studios release their games, Series S will surprise everyone.

Comment

• banmaster
          Editing a comment
          nice to say that xss is the same as x only with lower resolution, I'm not surprised at all that it will be so, I'm really looking forward to halo infinite and I hope that this will be the first game that will show what the xbox series is capable of

• PS2 games coming soon on XBOX? XBOX series = EMULATION BEAST!

Comment

• Direct X-Static
          Editing a comment
          Emulation on the Series X will be flawless. I'd imagine the emulators could update to utilize ML upscaling and possibly auto HDR too.

• Age of Empires II has a Battle Royale mode.

Comment

• This should be an interesting one.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• This john is a joke (the restroom guy). when xbox wins he says "Little more stable on X".

Comment

• The Power of The Cloud
                  Editing a comment
                  I Hope they patch thΓ© 120 Hz mode on xsx

• FearL0rd
                  Editing a comment
                  yeah but why not use RT. Im fine with 60fps RT

• Blaze_ATX
                  Editing a comment
                  The Power of The Cloud, LOL... Off course it will be fixed via a patch πŸ˜‰ but the impressive thing is with tools that are not mature enough, Series X is performing way better on RT mode at 60FPS over the PS5.

It's matter of time! 😏😎

Last edited by Blaze_ATX; 11-23-2020, 11:59 PM.

• The Power of The Cloud
                  Editing a comment
                  At the end third party game will look same on Xbox/PS

• Blaze_ATX
                  Editing a comment
                  The Power of The Cloud, Not necessarily, remember last gen PS4 was more powerful than OG Xbox one and third party developers didn't do parity in most cases and when Xbox One X was released was the same thing in favor of One X, in this current gen we need to wait for a little while, to see how things are going to play out with third party games.

Last edited by Blaze_ATX; 11-24-2020, 03:09 PM.

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/onli...28646457250743

Comment

Comment

• Blaze_ATX
                  Editing a comment
                  And the tools are not mature enough. :)

It's matter of time! 😎

• Direct X-Static
                  Editing a comment
                  Yep, Blaze, devs had three times as long with mature tools too, and still barely keep up without turning the PS5 memory stack into a toaster.

Comment

• hasmeh
                  Editing a comment
                  That is some growth. 100M in one year is just phenomenal. Once MS starts transferring these accounts to Xbox Live accounts, the MAU will go through the roof. Active users will be much less but still a huge number.

• PS5 has a poor cooling solution perhaps this is why consoles are failing

Comment

• MisterX, this Russian guy is posting about BF6. Can you ask him what this means?

https://twitter.com/alogvinov/status...946335232?s=21

Comment

• Misterx
                    Editing a comment
                    He said bf6 will be very good because dice have no choice because cold war sp is too good

• Misterx
                    Editing a comment
                    He also said bf6 will be different to what fans expect.

• about John...

Click image for larger version

Name:	DarkX1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	74421

Comment

• hasmeh
                    Editing a comment
                    I know John has some bias for Sony and PlayStation but as far as DF goes the quality of his work is not in question. He shows bit more enthusiasm about Sony, no doubt, but he never knowingly puts undue criticism on MS/Xbox.

• xbox_theone
                    Editing a comment
                    On the other hand, I don't like what Sony has brought to the industry and I think lots of things would be better off if they never entered it (I am looking at you, Sega).

But hey, at least I don't WORK in the gaming business and don't NEED to be - and be perceived to be - neutral and impartial in order to, you know, do my JOB rightly.

• Blaze_ATX
                    Editing a comment
                    I don't have any problem with digital foundry, I think they do a good job, but like I've said before John is trying to play the neutral card and he's not fooling anyone, he needs to grow up and stop playing the drama queen on twitter, it's embarrassing the constant crying from his part.

• Quote:

"A little bit behind" Sony on manufacturing due to waiting on specific AMD tech"

Comment

• OrionWolf
                    Editing a comment
                    Well, there you have it Β―\_(ツ)_/Β―

• OrionWolf
                    Editing a comment
                    And then you hear comments like "oh, where's the difference, if the XSX is using full RDNA2, but Sony is beating them then that's just marketing hype" until you get hit by the knowledge that most of the engines are based on GCN with some RDNA1 (aka PS5) functionality and you use the PS5 as the lead development platform and say "oh, clearly the ps5 is way better than what was stated" like in what world would a 12TF GCN cards lose to 9-10TF card? In what world would a console with every HW aspect being much better (with the SSD being the only thing faster on the PS5 side) than their competitors product lose out? It's like a 2060 beating a 2080, due to what, higher clocks? What a load of BS.

Talking about clocks, I hope everyone remembers that for the GPU to reach the coveted 2.2GHz (and I really want to know how many times it reaches that target and how long can it stay at that speed) the CPUs clock has to be lowered, due to power constraints. So you get a CPU at 3-3.2GHz (or lower) vs a CPU at 3.8GHz. And yet no one seems to talk about any of that, how come? How come the speed of the CPU is not taken into account here? The CPU feeds the GPU, what happens when you don't have a fast enough CPU? And yet there's no lowering of the clocks on the XSX side, but there's still issues.

The PS5 being the lead platform would explain this impossible situation. It's like a 2060 beating a 2080 due to higher clocks, not only that, but the 2060 being paired with a slower CPU than the 2080. How does that sound "plausible" to anyone is beyond me.
                Working...
                X