This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minecraft Is Coming To Oculus Rift In 2016

"Today, Oculus VR co-founder Palmer Luckey made a surprising revelation at the developer conference Oculus Connect 2: Minecraft, the hit block-based world-building game that was acquired by Microsoft last year, will be released on the Oculus Rift."

http://www.popsci.com/minecraft-is-c...s-rift-in-2016

Comment

• XboxNman
      XboxNman commented
      Editing a comment
      In the article the person speaks about how this version could be seen as competing, at least in a little way, with the HoloLens version. MS real desire I think is a thing most tech sites seem to miss covering and that is what MS said at the January reveal and that is Windows Holographic. To me I feel that while HoloLens is very important device to MS, their real desire is to be the go to OS for AR/VR. They seem to be doing all they can to connect with the makers of these devices to make Windows Holographic be a part of these makers products. Minecraft is a great option to sway a device maker into working with you, everyone would likely want a version of Minecraft for there device. Being that the VR space is still so new, most have there own OS or at least UI/store/APIs in place, trying to be the one to come out on top I guess, but MS seems to be thinking long term, they could be making the same move they made years ago with PCs and that is get their OS on lots of devices by making it easy to develop for a device no matter the manufacturer. VR will take off much faster if people using one manufacturers device can be mostly universal with a device from a different manufacturer.

• Forza Helicopter flying backwards:

I was playing the demo and saw this beauty, just as the race was about to start.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...nt=video%2cmp4

Has anyone figured out how to embed videos. I used html tag but it didn't work. I have embedded youtube videos from the video option.
    Last edited by hasmeh; 09-25-2015, 10:02 AM.

Comment

• XboxNman
      XboxNman commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks funny. I wonder though, is it moving backwards or is it just that it is hovering in place or moving forward slowly and the with the camera position changing the copter looks to fly backwards, a possible optical illusion?

• GOOGLE TRANSLATOR, SORRY, ORIGINAL LINKK: http://www.truegamers.org/newspage.php?news=1194

TRUEGAMERS.org (ElOtroForo.net) & BiG Porras, presents:

¡WELCOME TRUE GAMERS !

Once again, here is BiG Porras, bringing you another great article TrueGamers.org.

On this special occasion, we come to bring you something that many have you been (and we) long time waiting, and that is not nothing less than an extensive review by the new 'Dasboard' coming to Xbox ONE in the month of November.

This September BETA Build #2 (9/24), we will see how it is working technical team in Redmond bring the best possible experience for our consoles, and if possible further improve the user experience for the end user.

Instead of desgranaros more details or aspects of this update, we prefer that the examinéis yourselves in our next video, go ahead.

As just seen, the change is more than substantial, important and 'radical', although still maintaining hierarchies and familiarities to which we had become accustomed, but taking it one level further, exposing best all menus now more visual and intuitive. Making protagonist to content itself, not the container. And giving it fluidity and speed of handling that is always appreciated.

The more savvy, have failed to recognize the touch as Windows 10 that has this interface (obvious by him), and as the App XBOX Windows 10 already announced what would be the new face forward for the company in future integrations Seattle between systems.

You will find that, Xbox ONE fits like a glove, very natural and unforced. Fitting perfectly into the system and giving it a better appearance and usability than expected.

IMAGE GALERY: September BETA (build #2) Windows 10 Xbox ONE 'One Core'

SEE MORE --> https://www.flickr.com/gp/bigporras/5B427V

Well, this is our report on the intricacies of the new Xbox ONE face.

Hopefully you've seen it in detail and satisfy your curiosity enough.
    Feel free to discuss your opinions and ask any questions you wish.

And here THE VIDEO REPORT TODAY.

Thanks for joining us through what will be a "new beginning" in Xbox ONE.

And as always, BiG Porras, in an article for TrueGamers.org.

ORIGINAL SPANISH LINK: http://www.truegamers.org/newspage.php?news=1194
    Last edited by BiG Porras; 09-25-2015, 10:30 AM.

Comment

• mistercteam
      mistercteam commented
      Editing a comment
      +12 very informative and complete !!!

• F00xm4n
      F00xm4n commented
      Editing a comment
      Excellent cheers Porras, does anyone know if destiny still works fine with the new kernel?

• Misterx
      Misterx commented
      Editing a comment
      Great!

• BiG Porras
      BiG Porras commented
      Editing a comment
      Destiny don't working (in the video, i have the 2nd build, but today i have the 3rd build) and still don't working, but forza yes

• Rainbow Six Siege Beta Runs At 1080p on PS4, 900p on Xbox One
    Read more at http://gamingbolt.com/rainbow-six-si...rgF5QS0BhMf.99

Comment

• mistercteam
      mistercteam commented
      Editing a comment
      900P with better framerate plus X1 still not async not DX12 great for X1

• QuazL
      QuazL commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, right now we are assuming better frame rate.

Also, in that article Ubisoft is hopeful to get more out of the hardware of both.

• TheCrazyOne
      TheCrazyOne commented
      Editing a comment
      When does the game come out? I coulda sworn it wasn't releasing till next year.

• Originally posted by brutalone View Post
    i think we need a members only thread for such giveaways i can imagine the haters laughing as they take your beta codes
    Easier to say you have 4 codes and people request by posting a reply and Dawyne PM's the code's out. better then making a private room

Comment

• Dwayne
      Dwayne commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes true Pm me for more codes of Rainbow 6 think I have 20 left

• F00xm4n
      F00xm4n commented
      Editing a comment
      We (I) could add a beta/game code thread where people can post that they have codes, then updates and thanks in the comments, what do you all think ?

• 2014 Xbox One leak vs reality check. Do everything go as planned for Xbox One, Microsoft and Amd? Seems so...

Posted at : 2014-06-08 11:57:00
    ================================

Xbox One Secret .....
    1. @pat355: Hi All, I am not any type of insider, however I do have a friend who works for AMD. More of a friend of a friend, but I have directly known them (I am using them instead of him or her to hopefully protect their identity better) for at least 10 years. Don't see them too often unless there is some reason for them to come back in town. A wedding was that most recent reason, and I took a few minutes to ask them if they know anything about the Xbox One. I started the conversation by asking if they got one yet. The answer was no, but they want one. I told them I had one since launch and said how impressed I was with the way the system handles different workloads via virtualization. I am Sr. Solutions Architect focused purely on selling Microsoft corporate software, Office 365, Exchange, SharePoint, Windows, SCCM, SCOM, Hyper V and Azure, lots of Azure, etc.... So when we see each other we usually talk tech and career stuff.
    2. I finally said that I was really curious about AMD and how they are using ARM processor technology in their products and specifically asked them if they knew about Xbox One and if it had any of those things in it. A smile came across their face. They said that the Xbox One has a lot of amazing technology but that they couldn't talk about it. I really do think this person is in a position that would be "In the know" on this stuff. I asked why, and the answer makes a lot of sense to me. He/She said there are two reasons. One is the technology that they have ready to go now is amazing, but there is not a market for it yet. They have to predict the market for these new technologies a few years in advance. Specifically if you look at who AMD's primary customers are, it is not consumers primarily. The majority of their business are system builders and manufactures like Lenovo, HP, Dell, and yes Microsoft and Sony as well. The PC form factor is changing and evolving rapidly and they have to build tech into their chips that can meet these needs. However Server form factors are changing even more rapidly. Cloud service providers are changing the requirements for large scale compute needs that traditional server CPU's can't meet any more. It takes significant time to develop a product that can use new chips and chipset features. They said specifically cloud and large virtualization heavy datacenters are beginning a shift away from power hungry four, six or 8 core high GHz chips and going to the low power multicore designs, specifically where ARM can be a huge benefit. The primary reason is density per rack/U. AMD arm based servers will be and are much denser than traditional CPU based servers in datacenters that need as much density as possible. By density, I mean thermal loads that need cooling and electrical power required to run the workload per U/Rack space. Even though the CPU architecture is different, the workloads they can carry are higher due to the smaller density (read thermal and electrical load) footprint in the rack. Large datacenters such as Azure datacenters will and do require this.
    3. @pat355: I am IBM public cloud certified and used to sell/architect data center and public/private cloud space for 8 years before I changed jobs last year, so I know a few things about this and have toured some of the largest datacenters in the world. The number one issue in data centers like Azure or Google datacenters is Power and Cooling costs. The more you can cram into a space without significant power and cooling cost increases, the better. That goes straight to the GP margins of the service provider. The second reason for the NDA's is to not give a competitive advantage to their rivals. Intel and NVidia being some primary rivals. I asked about that one and they said it is more the market prediction and readiness question than the competitors as a primary reason for NDA's on these technologies. Specifically if you change processor architectures, there are a lot of other things that need to be put in motion to make those changes even work. Software is a key reason she/he said. Operating systems and SDK's need to be able to utilize the improved hardware, and that can take a few years to catch up to the new chipset features. If they announced everything as soon as it was developed it would be a flop because no one would be able to actually use it right now. All of this PC2.0 (not their words, but I am just using that phrase because that is what we have been calling it here) means nothing if it was released for sale right now. A year, two or three from now, when Windows 9 (maybe able to use it) and other software creators get caught up to it, AMD will release it with their hardware manufacturing partners on board. Or, here is the kicker, maybe not. If the market doesn't go in that direction and they can’t monetize that type of new tech, they could potentially scrap the plans and move forward with other technologies.
    4. Finally I got them to say something about the Xbox though. They told me that last year, Microsoft came back to AMD to show them a demonstration of what they did with the tech that the partnered with for the Xbox One. They told me that in a presentation Microsoft made a room of 500 engineers’ jaws drop in disbelief. She/He said they couldn’t believe that what they saw was running in real time. They thought it had to be pre-rendered. They were all completely shocked by what Microsoft pulled off with their tech. They said, “it’s not fair, it’s not fair that Microsoft can do that with the tech and AMD couldn’t with their own tech. Microsoft has the software engineering expertise to get the full use of the tech and it literally blew us away”.
    5. Lastly they have been an Xbox fan and have had a 360 since early in that generation. I asked if they would be getting the PS4 or the Xbox One. They said, definitely the Xbox One, “for more reasons than I can say”.\
    6. @pat355: The rest is my opinion on these things.

I hope this helps explain some why they won’t talk about the tech specifics. In the bigger picture of the multi billion $ companies that are involved, Cloud and PC tech of the next few years is the biggest $ win for them. The Xbox One is more of a test run for the technology of 2 or three years from now that will hit the market. They can use it as a test bed for SDK and OS technology. The virtualization tech screams cloud to me. The Xbox One is probably running an early platform of this tech shift that will eventually show up in cloud servers and PCs of the future. Basically I think the Xbox One is essentially a cloud server, with game console specific design add-ons and TV integration tech. If you think about what Microsoft has done with Azure and Office 365, it mirrors that very closely. Microsoft is now iterating features quicker in their cloud products than their on premise equivalents. For very simple reason.

They control the operating environment of Azure and Office 365 (which runs on top of Azure like Xbox Live and Bing) from end to end. They can guarantee that code updates to those products will work perfectly in that controlled platform before rolling them out. On the opposite spectrum, for on premise workloads, those items could be running on one of tens of thousands or maybe even millions of hardware, software, networking, bandwidth and datacenter setup combinations. That is a lot of code testing and bug testing that is getting so hard to do that it is literally impossible to do without issues getting through. By driving their customers to the cloud, they get two benefits. Recurring revenue, guaranteed, and a stable platform that showcases their products and services flawlessly with a very predictable bug and code testing effort required. Predictable means “budgetable” and budgetable means they can plan ahead features and time lines before they even invent them yet because they have that monthly Azure or Office 365 revenue coming in that will guarantee them $ to reinvest.
    7. My theory is that AMD and Microsoft are doing this with the Xbox One. They are using it to prove out the features and functions that PC2.0, arm cloud servers and Windows 9 (I could talk more on the next version of Windows, but I am subject to NDAs on that one) will be able to do with a single controlled architecture deployed to millions of users. They can iterate very quickly because the platform is 100% controlled, aka not deviating from the standard design. They can use that experience to then open it up to the wider technology builders and developers when they begin to launch them into market.
    8. That also explains why they didn’t really want to remove Kinect. They have fractured that into two platforms, with and without Kinect. Not something they wanted to do, but like AMD with the potential to scrap technology if the market isn’t there, they were forced to do this with Kinect 2.0. I doubt Kinect will disappear, but it won’t be a lead feature anymore due to this. I love the voice commands, but I have yet to really do any good gaming with it. Tomb Raider DE had great weapon switching by voice that I actually used often. Anyone get Kinect Sports Rivals? Is it worth the cost? I really want a game that I can play with it that is really truly fun. Like Wii bowling basically sold the Wii on its own. I want that for Kinect.
    9. @pat355: Anyways, I can see why Microsoft is not talking about tech specs. They could say right now “Yes the Xbox One is running Arm and can do so much TFs etc…. but it won’t matter as the games can’t show them yet until the platform and SDKs get caught up on the software side. Also cloud will work. Azure is awesome and in my opinion, I think the Xbox One will be the last purely hardware based console Microsoft does. The next one will probably be so Azure (aka Xbox Live) integrated that it will require an internet connection all the time. Microsoft has a history of being too early to market with tech. Their tablets from over 10 years ago is an example. Tablets back then were a great idea, the software tech wasn’t there yet though to make it user friendly like when the iPad came out and changed the market. I think they were too early to market with Xbox One’s original vision with always on internet and cloud integration for everything. They had to fall back a bit and I am glad they did because it’s better that they get ready and have the services fully capable than launching a box and a year later not using any of those things yet. I can’t wait for Monday, E3 will be awesome! I truly expect that over the next two to three years, Xbox will keep getting better as they learn how to use these as yet not released to other markets, AMD technologies.
    10. GAME ON!

Comment

• mistercteam
      mistercteam commented
      Editing a comment
      +12 .....
      Yep it is ...... agree with His POV
      MS could not just inform X1 has features A -Z, when it can not being showed as the software is not yet ready

also interesting that he said Win9 but could not said next windows (NDA), it is clear he meant win10

also my cloud local term, and seems very similar thought to mine ....
      also with recent AMD Vgpu announcement all make sense ....

also i iked this part >>>> " Microsoft made a room of 500 engineers’ jaws drop in disbelief. She/He said they couldn’t believe that what they saw was running in real time. They thought it had to be pre-rendered. They were all completely shocked by what Microsoft pulled off with their tech."

• F00xm4n
      F00xm4n commented
      Editing a comment
      Just re read the post, nearly slagged it off as Mr c and old insider findings, then realised it was an old post lol, so in line with recent stuff.

• mistercteam
      mistercteam commented
      Editing a comment
      at F00xm4n
      thats why it is so inline back then when we discuss insider then he posted that people still demand where X1 power
      slowly but sure we see Xbox 1 progression

then when we see the post it is quite interesting reading

• If anyone wants to team up on TC's Rainbow 6 / beta and give em hell, I'll be on tonight around 8pm to early the next morning . I'm downloading it now. I'm in the Central Time Zone(Dallas,Tx). My Gamertag is Pogue1906, Follow me, I'll follow you.

Comment

• Comment

• TinyM
        TinyM commented
        Editing a comment
        Weird--I don't remember them ever announcing bundle changes like this before. Makes me wonder if they will be bundling in more than just a game--like multiple games or the elite controller or a play and charge kit...or, it could just be like normal with a bit more fanfare. Hrm...

• xreadmore
        xreadmore commented
        Editing a comment
        Here are my guesses

Tomb Raider Bundle
        Elite Bundle
        Fifa Bundle
        Halo 5 Bundle

• TheCrazyOne
        TheCrazyOne commented
        Editing a comment
        xreadmore it says new xbox bundles.... Fifa and Halo5 already have bundles. My guess would be Tomb Raider and a Fallot 4 bundles.

• chefsledg
        chefsledg commented
        Editing a comment
        Hmm,
        Tomb Raider
        Fallout 4
        Assassin's Creed Syndicate
        A new Elite version? Maybe Halo 5 but the regular game

• Some 1080p 60 fps Multi-player Halo 5 footage

Comment

• Well here you go, DF was wrong lol, granted it was a hands-on but still, they should ask devs before saying anything.

http://gamingbolt.com/rise-of-the-to...-extra-realism

Comment

• mistercteam
          mistercteam commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep ....
          they always try to hype down something that feels good on X1

• HaydenSmith
          HaydenSmith commented
          Editing a comment
          What did they say about the lighting in RoTR ?

And this is the problem when they start analysing a game before it releases...

I will agree with 1 thing they said and thats the Gamescom Demo which seems to be at a later stage in the game did look much more impessive than Siberia which is presumably the start of the game. I myself am looking forward to playing and is an easy day 1 buy for me.
          Last edited by HaydenSmith; 09-25-2015, 09:34 PM.

• TheCrazyOne
          TheCrazyOne commented
          Editing a comment
          HaydenSmith In their Hands-On with RotTR they said it didnt have PBR.... even though the devs said awhile ago it did. I just asked Brian if it did just for insurance and neat-less to say he "confirmed' something that was already confirmed months ago.

• HaydenSmith
          HaydenSmith commented
          Editing a comment
          Just shows they don't really know what there talking about...

• slasaru
          slasaru commented
          Editing a comment
          By the way, did DF review Sony games pre release? What did they say about them? "a lot f potential " stuff?

• And Intel Smart people the one that demoed DX12 for Intel favourited my DX12 async
        because yep it is the truth, Async is not magic especially for modern GPU, it will shines on X1 when Async has per process controll form host POV
        but as the purpose for modern GPU is for reduce the bubles ASync wont make Gfx will concurrent with compute if the Gfx already takes the ALUs
        as the Gfx has higher priority than Compute. so it is need another features which is need GPUMMU like X1, so host can control per process
        But on modern GPU async will add slight benefit when Gfx only do rops or other non ALUs thing, that the benefit,
        but if programmer is explcitly knows when doing rops when doing compute, there is no need to have async (on modern gpu)

Andrew Lauritzen favorited your Tweet
        12h: @AndrewLauritzen i agree 100% with your sentiment in https://forum.beyond3d.com/posts/1872989/ ,as DX12 is explicit, async tries to reduce bubles not magic
        Last edited by mistercteam; 09-25-2015, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X