Windows Phone now claims only 0.3% of the smartphone market share -Feb/2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Phone now claims only 0.3% of the smartphone market share -Feb/2017

Windows Phone now claims only 0.3% of the smartphone market share.

https://mspoweruser.com/windows-phon...-market-share/

Giving up market share for any reasons?

Originally posted by xboxing pro View Post
    Windows Phone now claims only 0.3% of the smartphone market share.

https://mspoweruser.com/windows-phon...-market-share/

Giving up market share for any reasons?
    Actually I don't think the marketshare matters currently. They count 10-20USD chinese and indian phones on Android which can hardly be used by an advanced user. I bought my daughter a new phone recently and wanted to take her cheap ZTE for myself, just for Google Music (which is a wonderful service but no apps currently on Windows phone or UWP). I reset it to factory settings and it still unusable. Very slow, very laggy, UI is terrible. Could not use Google Music because native app sucks and the phone doesn't allow for BT streaming. My poor daughter, she was using this phone and liked it. And imagine there's millions on chinese people buying this shit and thinking they own a "smartphone" and Google counting a marketshare while these phones only good for garbage cans. WP phones were lightning fast, responsive and there were many cheap models.

They say no apps but hey, you can hardly use any apps for those 99% of marketshare because these are not flagships but shitphones
    Last edited by slasaru; 02-22-2017, 06:03 AM.

Comment

• xboxing pro
      xboxing pro commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, the android phones need 10 cores just for "lag fighting"
      Windows Phones are famous for been lag free on dual core, or even WP 7-7.5 on single core

But with
      Using light custom ROMs
      + Lag killer apps
      + Regular Factory resets & Garbage collector cleans
      + Overclocking with custom Kernels
      +Not using skins , like "touch Whiz aka lag whiz or the infamous laggy HTC sense

Only then they claim android is lag free! LOL

Shame it's dropped this much.That rumoured Surface Phone is needed

Xbox was in the same position! All mass media shitted on it. And look how all improved with the time.
    I guess they don't have resources to invest in two divisions. May be after they make sure Xbox is OK and bringing profits by inertia, they can switch to Windows Phone.

Not enthusiastic about the Surface Phone. If it comes out and it's very different from what we have, it will mean third start from the scratch. First abandoned WP7, then abandoned WP8.1 and not moved half of the phones to WM10 and with Surface Phone they will abandon ẂM10??? People will not forgive it.

Comment

these days its all about the apps and microsoft just never got the support from devs. an all too familiar theme with microsoft devices. i miss the old balmer DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS.

Comment

Working...
      X